Proposal: Rangers/Islanders

Daniel Phillips

Feb 15, 2019
Rangers aren't going to flip a prospect for a terrible player who hasn't proven anything. We got Hajek last season because he could be apart for our future. So what if he is having a down year. Ho-Sang has been terrible and having a down year for the past what 3 seasons?
You're right it's obviously not going to happen but why even propose it?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How about Kreider for 1st and Bellows?
Yeah if that first rounder was a top 10 at the very least which it won't be. Not hating on Bellows I know he is a good prospect but Kreider to the Islanders for their playoff run would require some overpayment.

Reactions: bernmeister

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah if that first rounder was a top 10 at the very least which it won't be. Not hating on Bellows I know he is a good prospect but Kreider to the Islanders for their playoff run would require some overpayment.
What about Dobson and 2019 2nd?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know I'm gonna get killed for this but would have to be Dobson and their first either this year or next. a second rounder around pick 50-60 doesn't move the needle much.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Libor Hajek for Josh Ho-Sang. One-for-one.

Obviously won't happen, but just wondering if the value makes sense for both.

A few things here, 1 Hajek was the main targeted piece in the McDonagh deal I doubt management trades him for a under performing kid with off Ice issues , and second of course hes having an awful year in the ahl have you seen hartford and hes getting sheltered

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Would love to bump this thread in a few years. Two interesting cases:

Hajek is highly regarded but has had a tough season along with the rest of Hartford. Still looking forward to how he develops the next two years and I don’t think the org is deterred by his first season...I’m not.

Hosang imo won’t work out. Aside from his speed I don’t think he cuts it in the NHL. Not enough grit for bottom 6 and not enough ability for top 6. If he gets traded to a struggling club, he too willl struggle, and then he will quit.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
There are plenty of teams to get a forward from. No need to help the Rangers build their team.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

I know I'm gonna get killed for this but would have to be Dobson and their first either this year or next. a second rounder around pick 50-60 doesn't move the needle much.

Have to factor in its a big rival and it would be a disaster if Dobson turned out to be a bust. And a 20-25 first round pick is far from a guarantee.

dobson + 1st minimum, Isles add due to league wide high demand for CK, but that is a decent core

While Isles overpay required/justified, Rangers also add for balance

Reactions: bl02

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
dobson + 1st minimum, Isles add due to league wide high demand for CK, but that is a decent core

While Isles overpay required/justified, Rangers also add for balance

League wide high demand?
I see names like Stone, Panarin,Duchene the rentals
When St Louis was struggling Tarasenko was being chased
Haven’t seen this league wide demand you speak of
Who’s clamoring to acquire Kreider from your rebuilding team?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
In their 47 year history, the Islanders have made only 2 trades with the Rangers. Cash for a washed up 40 year old in 1972, and a prospect for a 6th in 2010.

These two teams will not do any kind of meaningful trade with each other.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
League wide high demand?
I see names like Stone, Panarin,Duchene the rentals
When St Louis was struggling Tarasenko was being chased
Haven’t seen this league wide demand you speak of
Who’s clamoring to acquire Kreider from your rebuilding team?

almost every team wants/could use him
few can afford/have cap immediately available, but most can do another deal to get that cap

thus, saying league wide demand is legit
if we made a poll in another thread, that would be proven

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Ranger fans out here thinking Chris Krieder has the same value as Panarin or Duchene lol
Well, better player for 20 games plus a playoff run and could walk away vs. Lesser, but still real good player for 20 games, a playoff run and a full season plus another playoff run or a flip at the following deadline to recoup some assets if the experiment fails. They aren't equal, but it would depend on the buyer and their situation.

Reactions: haveandare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->