Proposal: Rangers/Islanders

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Makes zero sense trading Kreider, of course NYR fans ask for the moon. Not rocket science

When the Isles traded up to #11 in 2009 my hopes were for Kreider to be the power forward for Johnny Turncoat for years to come. Dehaan was Snows gotta show everyone how smart I am pick and he would not be denied.

Reactions: The Real JT

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
So you’re saying 4 goals and 6 points is an everyday occurance?

Are we still preoccupied with 1985?
No, but I am saying that every player has those high point games.

If you just artificially take them out of a player's seasons stats, everyone's stats are going to look worse.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
No, but I am saying that every player has those high point games.

If you just artificially take them out of a player's seasons stats, everyone's stats are going to look worse.

That’s not the case by any stretch of the imagination. 6 points in 2 games is not something every player has or even close to it. Is it extremely rare? No. Is it extremely common? No.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
That’s not the case by any stretch of the imagination. 6 points in 2 games is not something every player has or even close to it. Is it extremely rare? No. Is it extremely common? No.
Sure, an average of 3 points a game is not sustainable literally every game, but nearly every player has multiple point nights.

Just artificially taking them out to devalue a player makes no sense.

Say player A finishes an 82 game season with 60 points. You'd call him a 60 point player, right? Well, let's say he had 2 3-point games in that season, and since that's obviously not sustainable, I just take those 6 points away from his season stats. Now he's a 54 point player because I say so!

That's pretty much what you did. Makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad