Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders | 1/16/20

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Love the Islanders blaming their entire loss on the penalty at the end. Did they forget the rest of the game?

1. Fox phantom penalty on Barzal losing his edge.
2. Panarin phantom dive that resulted in a 4 on 4 in which they tied the game.
3. Still not convinced on that Kreider call where he was arguably pushed into the goaltender.

Regardless, we were fighting the refs right up until the last minute. That Panarin call nearly cost us the game. And the Fox one sapped momentum when we were dominating.

f***ing losers.

Edit - Forgot to include the missed call on the blatant knee on knee by Boychuk which almost took Kreider out of the game.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I thought Panarin went down too easy, and Kreider absolutely needs to avoid Varlamov there--you saw that developing at the hash marks. I'm okay with those calls.

I thought the Fox call was terrible and they missed a knee on Kreider. The Brassard call was weak too, and might have been a make-up for missing the Kreider knee.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Love the Islanders blaming their entire loss on the penalty at the end. Did they forget the rest of the game?

1. Fox phantom penalty on Barzal losing his edge.
2. Panarin phantom dive that resulted in a 4 on 4 in which they tied the game.
3. Still not convinced on that Kreider call where he was arguably pushed into the goaltender.

Regardless, we were fighting the refs right up until the last minute. That Panarin call nearly cost us the game. And the Fox one sapped momentum when we were dominating.

****ing losers.

Edit - Forgot to include the missed call on the blatant knee on knee by Boychuk which almost took Kreider out of the game.

any blame about the late penalty should be directed at brassard...horrible penalty to take but it was a blatant penalty

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I fully support and agree with Quinn's decision to shelter Fox to not ask him to do too much as a rookie...but I really hope that in the second half of the season he starts getting challenged more defensively and some exposure on the pk. the kid is just so smart. i have no doubt that the kid will be good at both ends and on the pk given some time and experience.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I thought Panarin went down too easy, and Kreider absolutely needs to avoid Varlamov there--you saw that developing at the hash marks. I'm okay with those calls.

I thought the Fox call was terrible and they missed a knee on Kreider. The Brassard call was weak too, and might have been a make-up for missing the Kreider knee

Kreider was pushed into him there was nowhere he can go so you are wrong. The Panarin one also was fugazy. Embellishments needs to be clear and that wasn’t close since he was clearly pushed

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
The Isles postgame thread was VOMIT. Ripping Fox for choosing NY and how if it wasn't for NYC the NYR wouldn't have Panarin or Fox. Crying about the refs, saying the Zibanejad goal wasn't conclusive enough. They wanted "Ross the Plug" to target Lindgren and DeAngelo. Oh, and one guy said "what's with these shi**y goalies playing well against us"? HAHAHAHA. You know they're hurting.
How about Vally in our postgame saying he "Feels bad for the Islanders because Panarin didn't sign there." OH PLEASE! Panarin only politely listened to their offer to show good manners but WAS NEVER CONSIDERING GOING TO THAT JOKE OF AN ORGANIZATION. He turned down more money and said plainly beforehand that he wanted to play in A BIG CITY! Please stop it, Islander fans, with the pity party of not signing Panarin. You never had a chance in the first place.

**OFF SOAP BOX**

Reactions: bl02

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Chytil and Kakko are great together.

I’d like to see someone else on that LW instead of Howden, maybe Lemieux when he’s back?

Kakko has shifts where he completely dominates from the circles down and he’s only 18. He just needs to improve his endurance and he’s going to start cashing in big time. Kid is only 18 and you can tell he’s just right there.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
He wasn't rewarded on the stat sheet, but Chytil was an absolute machine last night.

lol we say this after every game. I agree but I really want to see points coming soon. I would try Panarin-Chytil-Kakko to see if Chytil and Kakko can raise their game playing with Panarin.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
kudo73csc9b41.jpg

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Howden kills the Offense on the 3rd line with Chytil and Kakko. Lemieux will be a much better fit. Can't wait for that. Howden right now is a dump and chase 4th liner with no offensive upside. Lemieux can make plays and cash in. When healthy, Quinn should staple Howden to 4th line C and PK.

Reactions: Maximus and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
A very underrated aspect of DeAngelo's goal was Fast hustling into the play after that long penalty kill he was out there for AND the shot that he blocked that clearly stung. Made it a 2 on 1 instead of a 1 on 1.
He made so many underrated plays the last two games. you need guys like Fast against teams who try to be physical and defensive style. He gets in the zone and gets deep trying to take dmen off the puck. In his own zone he's blocking shots and doing a good job on the pk.

Reactions: belford22

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Howden kills the Offense on the 3rd line with Chytil and Kakko. Lemieux will be a much better fit. Can't wait for that. Howden right now is a dump and chase 4th liner with no offensive upside. Lemieux can make plays and cash in. When healthy, Quinn should staple Howden to 4th line C and PK.
The kid line has played better but I agree Howden just doesn't have the offensive/Stick ability to play with Chytil and Kakko. Lemieux should be a better fit

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Howden is what I was worried Andersson would become. Those were the days...

Reactions: MetalJaws
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad