Series Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - Metropolitan Division Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Panarin - 2 points in 5 games against Carolina all the while trying to force a style of play that clearly does not and really never has worked in the post season. Needs to adjust his game to be more impactful. Sadly he has one game to get his shit together which means it's not happening.

Kreider - 1 point in 5 games against Carolina. aside from one game, has been a complete non-factor for the series. Disappointing how easily he is getting shut down. Seems like the annual CK disappearing act that we usually see earlier in the year has finally arrived....unfortunately.

Strome - 1 point in 5 games against Carolina. Storme doing Stromey things. I bet he's cost himself quite a bit of money with this putrid playoffs he's having. 1 goal in 12 games and 2.6 shooting percentage. I hope Drury is not dumb enough to bring this guy back.

There is absolutely no way we are going to beat that team when the guys named above are offering up these putrid numbers and generally being non-factors (in a positive way) in the series.

They need to be better. And honestly, it needs to start with our most talented player in Panarin.

What he does in the Regular Season becomes absolutely irrelevant once the playoffs start.

Last nights lack of effort was disappointing, embarrassing even. Absolutely no excuse for it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Even with Panarin’s suckitude I think we would have knocked out Carolina already if we played our best possible roster.

I won’t knock Gallant for not doing it as no
Coach is going to have the balls to do what I wish he would do.

Anyway, Carolina gets walked tomorrow and who knows what happened on Monday.

• Haha
Reactions: bbny and LokiDog

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Even with Panarin’s suckitude I think we would have knocked out Carolina already if we played our best possible roster.

I won’t knock Gallant for not doing it as no
Coach is going to have the balls to do what I wish he would do.

Anyway, Carolina gets walked tomorrow and who knows what happened on Monday.
oooh. Tell me what you wish he'd do. I'm interested.

It's so frustrating that this teal plays on the opposite ends of the spectrum from game to game. Absolutely brilliant to walking on glass, tentative roamers.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
oooh. Tell me what you wish he'd do. I'm interested.

It's so frustrating that this teal plays on the opposite ends of the spectrum from game to game. Absolutely brilliant to walking on glass, tentative roamers.

Brodz and hunt in for Rooney and Reaves. Jones in for either guy on the bottom pair.

He was NEVER going to throw Jones in there and I can’t think of a single coach who would, but we could have used his puck moving in both series and getting Trouba off the PP would be a win in itself.

I really don’t understand why Rooney continues to be untouchable. He sucks at everything

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Brodz and hunt in for Rooney and Reaves. Jones in for either guy on the bottom pair.

He was NEVER going to throw Jones in there and I can’t think of a single coach who would, but we could have used his puck moving in both series and getting Trouba off the PP would be a win in itself.

I really don’t understand why Rooney continues to be untouchable. He sucks at everything

I don't think Jones could handle their physicality at this point.

When we play the way Gallant and Quinn both wanted us to play we are hard to beat, it's when we fall into old habits of east west hockey and overpassing where we lose the games. We weren't doing anything last night to affect the game, we were passengers hoping for a bounce.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Could use Goodrow tomorrow but that aint happening.

They will need to band together and find a way to extend this to a Game 7. They need to want it. They need Panarin, Strome, and Kreider to be better. Those 3 have been the biggest problem this year. Copp hasn’t been great either. We think Panarin and Copp are hurt but they are suiting up and we need more. Copp has at least produced. Strome is a f***ing clown joke at this point. Showing his true colors. Kreider has been a severe disappointment this series and I am one of his biggest fans. Love Kreider, but his effort has been lackluster and uninspired. If they want to win tomorrow, key word “want”, they need those men to step up

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't think Jones could handle their physicality at this point.

When we play the way Gallant and Quinn both wanted us to play we are hard to beat, it's when we fall into old habits of east west hockey and overpassing where we lose the games. We weren't doing anything last night to affect the game, we were passengers hoping for a bounce.
Most likely he can not. Carolina would have a field day on him. Unfortunately, GG never gave him some time down the stretch to pair with Braun or Schneider to really see what we have with him. We all knew Nemeth was burnt toast and yet he still played over Braun/Jones.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't necessarily believe in guys that can do it and guys that can't do it. It's all variance. Guys have good runs and bad runs. For the most part.

Panarin has already had great playoffs in the NHL. That doesn't just go away. He will come around. If not this year, another year.

What's important is that Zibanejad is absolutely proving he's the man.

16 in 13. Crosby couldn't stop him and the best matchup line in the league led by Jordan Staal can't stop him.

These 13 games are all I need. If he can do it in these games, he can do it in any games. This team can win the Stanley Cup with Zibanejad as their top center. Most important question answered.

We already know who Panarin is and now we know who Zibanejad is. They're good enough. This team can be good enough.

This isn't the year. I still maintain that. It's not a negative thing, it just is. If I'm wrong, it's the best thing I'll ever be wrong about so there you go.

But in the next few years, this team can win the Stanley Cup with good off-seasons and a bounce or two.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I don't necessarily believe in guys that can do it and guys that can't do it. It's all variance. Guys have good runs and bad runs. For the most part.

Panarin has already had great playoffs in the NHL. That doesn't just go away. He will come around. If not this year, another year.

What's important is that Zibanejad is absolutely proving he's the man.

16 in 13. Crosby couldn't stop him and the best matchup line in the league led by Jordan Staal can't stop him.

These 13 games are all I need. If he can do it in these games, he can do it in any games. This team can win the Stanley Cup with Zibanejad as their top center. Most important question answered.

We already know who Panarin is and now we know who Zibanejad is. They're good enough. This team can be good enough.

This isn't the year. I still maintain that. It's not a negative thing, it just is. If I'm wrong, it's the best thing I'll ever be wrong about so there you go.

But in the next few years, this team can win the Stanley Cup with good off-seasons and a bounce or two.
Truth. Justice.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
My daughter (14) tried to throw an insult about Sebastian Aho’s physical attractiveness, but ended up being a great dig at his performance in the series.

“Sebastian Aho was last seen on a milk carton.”

Reactions: tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad