Series Talk: Rangers @ Hurricanes - Metropolitan Division Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Waaaaaaaay too much hot potato passing and zone clearing. I realize there's pressure, but you have to make short passes and move your feet.

We're terrible corralling rebounds. It's a team-wide deficiency.

Champs 94

Mar 25, 2022
We're not winning in Carolina. Trade either Panarin or Kreider. I'm not even mad or emotional. We just need more depth and have to sacrifice one of them. Wish we had Kane right now, what a pick up for Edmonton he was.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I just don't buy the "he's hurt" thing. Everyone to a man is playing with some type of discomfort. It's called playoff hockey. Fox is not a fast player, never has been. He got beat standing still, and to me, it was as simple as that. He was not going to catch Svechnikov on that breakaway. Panarin might be hurt, but it doesn't excuse his braindead puck management.

This team needs to become more of a team that plays along the walls and between the circles in the offensive zone. I actually thought they did a decent job all series playing along the walls at least in the neutral zone and defensive zone. But once again, when you trail, you have to open it up and at the same time Carolina went to their defensive shell.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Just lock it all down lol

ETO4qfDXgAAD5dS.jpg

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
You guys whining about not winning tonight are weaker than circus lemonade, if you have ever tasted it. It's not over until you lose at home, you fair weather kids. Wave to my grandkids when you see them at Harry Styles. I'll be at MSG on Saturday night. I sign off like I'm jumping naked out of a trunk in Las Vegas, boys.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lots of crybaby's on this board right now. Carolina played as close to a perfect defensive game as possible and their first 2 goals were given to them on a silver platter by dumb plays by Trouba (what else is new) and Vatrano. Another damn review going against us adds to the frustration. After that Carolina shut it down completely.

Really disappointed in Panarin. Worst player on the ice for either team and that's really capping the team's ceiling on offense.

Zibanejad I thought was everywhere tonight. When we force G7, Kreider needs to be taken off that line; Pesce & Skjei's reach and speed are his kryptonite.

Igor was fantastic again, first 2 goals he had no chance although the 3rd goal was another breakaway, which he's struggled with.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Oh I have no doubt they can win at MSG. But in a game 7 on the road after that performance? Maybe if half the Canes roster breaks their legs in game 6.

Negativity worked in round 1, so I'm just being superstitious.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I hate to be negative but that game was demoralizing. They really played well games 1-4 and it sucks have our backs against the wall again. Losing game 1 really hurts right now.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
If nyr loses this series panarin is going to be one of the top reasons why. Injured or not he has been atrocious
I think he’s just not good enough to generate offense in the tight checking game that Carolina plays. He looks fine on the powerplay when there’s more space.

I don’t think he’s injured. I just think he isn’t playing a smart game or winning puck battles.

He did have a few decent defensive plays last night - even broke up a 2 on 1 he was back for.

But his offensive game has gotten predictable, which is deadly for a player who generates all their offense by making opposing players guess wrongly at what he’s going to do.

How many times is he going to stop at the top of the left circle before realizing they’re waiting for it? He needs to carry the puck more and take it down into the trapezoid and work it from there more.

He also needs to generate way more off the rush with his teammates. He used to be so good at taking advantage of odd man rushes. Now he doesn’t even get them other than the breakaway in game 4 (which he flubbed).

I also don’t know what else Gallant has to see before demoting Strome. Like does he have to score on his own net?

Give Panarin another center to play with. Strome never has the puck. The team has the offensive tools to generate a ton. We know this.

Switch Panarin and Kreider at the very least - Kreider is lost out there when playing in Carolina. Completely invisible.

And bring up Kakko while we’re at it. That demotion for a kid line that looked excellent a few games back was simply boneheaded.

Last edited:
Reactions: RagFinMet and CLW

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I can very well see the Rangers winning and winning by a decent margin tomorrow. They need to figure out something for game 7 in Carolina.

It's like 2 totally different teams I can't get how bipolar both of these teams are at home VS on the road.

This team needs to find a way to generate offense on the road and it starts in their own zone. It all comes down to supporting the puck with the breakout. The home games, the wingers come back down below the faceoff hashmarks. This gives you multiple lanes to move the puck. On the road, the wingers are at best at the blue line and it's just the center coming down for rhe outlet pass from the defenseman.

That is extremely easy to shut down and you can see the result, trying to move forward but needing to pass the puck behind the net (or go backwards) to their defensive partner due to no outlet passes with the wingers in the neutral zone. That is extremely easy to shut down and pin the Rangers in their own end. Also whenever they can get out of the zone, they have no momentum because they are chipping the puck out to the neutral zone where it's a 50/50 puck.

This is basic fundamental hockey, but it's the reason they only had 17 shots last night and really 5 of those 17 were dump ins on net from the neutral zone.

The Staal line is doing a very good job matching up and slowing down the Zib line during these home games, but the Rangers 2nd line with Panarin should have a favorable match up for them. Panarin must have some pretty major injury because he will not go for 50/50 pucks, avoids contact like the plague and refuses to drive to the net. He might have 2 or 3 bursts when he back checks hard but that's it, otherwise he is floating around.

Kreider while being a force in the Pens series has been non existent this series. Both on and off rhe scoresheet.

Reactions: CLW

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Kid Line has been the best line in rangers' playoffs? Time for some GG line magic

Watch as for next game Gallant benches Kakko, demotes Chytil to 4th with Rooney and Reaves, and plays Laf-Goodrow-Motte as 3rd line. Then the certain group of people can once again lose their minds over kids being non-factors and busts

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Trouba's puck handling and stupid, errant passing is a real problem. A major liability.

And Panarin. What the heck is up with him. He too is making bone headed passes. Some with that blind, deke type passes that get easily picked off.

Rangers need to snipe up high on Raanta's blocker. Even mid blocker seems to be a good place.

Reactions: RagFinMet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad