Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
And this long road trip has been a disaster for the Rangers, the season is almost over before it begins.

I know it has to do with the MSG renovations, but how about better planning to get things ready in time :shakehead

This organization? Plan better? Your kidding right?

Maybe the Rangers can arrange to have the team do a tour of the KHL's far east division next year prior to the start of the regular NHL season.

Anyway....rookie goal tender. As your main back up. More great planning. This should be interesting. I've not felt more of a sense of impending doom for this team in a long, long time. It's like the wheels are about to fall off.

In two weeks this team could look VERY different.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
This organization? Plan better? Your kidding right?

Maybe the Rangers can arrange to have the team do a tour of the KHL's far east division next year prior to the start of the regular NHL season.

Anyway....rookie goal tender. As your main back up. More great planning. This should be interesting. I've not felt more of a sense of impending doom for this team in a long, long time. It's like the wheels are about to fall off.

In two weeks this team could look VERY different.

I'm not worried about Talbot going in there...he's been the organization long enough so I think its about time to see what the guys got. Biron himself said he was debating retiring even in the offseason so clearly he probably wouldn't have been the choice going forward anyway.

I actually think Talbot is going to surprise people with his good play.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Rangers forget to get off the train at Philly end up in Washington DC and somehow solve the debt ceiling debate.

Or they end up in Hartford only to find out that the Wolfpack game is cancelled do to the fact that they don't have enough players to play since everyone has been called up to the NHL.... Oh wait that's practically already happened.

I'm rooting but this could be a tough one.

Blueblood 2

Jul 7, 2006
Flyers have been practicing for six days straight with a focus on the next game.......Rangers. Their new coach has old school hatred for all things New York. Will the Rangers respond or at least stand up to the onslaught? Flyers are no scoring machine but they had better hammer the Rangers for three full periods, or else, as far as their management is concerned. This one could get ugly.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I'm not worried about Talbot going in there...he's been the organization long enough so I think its about time to see what the guys got. Biron himself said he was debating retiring even in the offseason so clearly he probably wouldn't have been the choice going forward anyway.

I actually think Talbot is going to surprise people with his good play.

I hope your right. But is it not perfect that a kid with NO NHL experience steps in as the Rangers goal tender in the middle of this chaos.

Flyers will come very hard. Smell of blood is in the air. Gonna be interesting.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Flyers have been practicing for six days straight with a focus on the next game.......Rangers. Their new coach has old school hatred for all things New York. Will the Rangers respond or at least stand up to the onslaught? Flyers are no scoring machine but they had better hammer the Rangers for three full periods, or else, as far as their management is concerned. This one could get ugly.

Same feeling here.

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
Most likely a long term injury to Nash... Cally out another 3 weeks... Hags still sitting till next week... And a terrible start to the season all adds up to a must win the next few weeks. With how many home games we have coming up, I think the season is make or break by mid November. Oh, and we have to do it without some of our best guys. The young guys better grow up and figure this **** out fast or we might as well shift all our focus to pre-draft threads.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City

Screw him.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
2k2 and I are about to get what we've been asking for in this Talbot debut, hopefully the kid responds to the first game pressure well.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Zucc plays a more physical game than Pyatt. I know Pyatt has dropped the gloves in the past, but since becoming a Ranger, he has shown no inclination to do that. So, play the better player and that is Zucc.

Zuc spends half of his shift's lifting himself off the ice.Not sure what games you are watching

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Hard to feel like game 8 of an 82 game season is a "must win". Things are pretty bleak right now, but a loss tomorrow doesn't end our season. Step away from the ledge..

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I'm happy to see Talbot up.
Succession is planned, and sooner or later it has to happen. Bye to Martin Biron, with thanks for his service. Hello to Talbot, and good luck to him.
This is how things are done.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Zuc spends half of his shift's lifting himself off the ice.Not sure what games you are watching

Zuccs does play a more physical game than Pyatt, which is why he is picking himself up off the ice. I'm not saying that Zuccs is having a good season thus far, not at all. Pyatt is the type of player who could conceivably melt into the background on a Stanley Cup quality team, but on the Rangers his shortcomings are glaring. Dead space.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't think this will be pretty.

Prediction:

Flyers 5
Rangers 0

Flyers haven't scored more than 2 goals in a game all season. They are not potting 5. This has 1-0 or 2-1 game written all over it.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Zuccs does play a more physical game than Pyatt, which is why he is picking himself up off the ice. I'm not saying that Zuccs is having a good season thus far, not at all. Pyatt is the type of player who could conceivably melt into the background on a Stanley Cup quality team, but on the Rangers his shortcomings are glaring. Dead space.

Zuc probably shouldn't play a physical game then,it isn't working.He's not helping the team any making passes from his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad