Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Rangers continue to destroy the Flyers, but drop the next 4. After tomorrow the boards are normal again until the next loss and from there things get darker and more horrifying. Halloween is going to be extra festive this year in New York.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I think I'm gonna get some friends and dress up as the Rangers for Halloween.

That's scary right?

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Over/Under on me turning the game off tomorrow...10:00 2nd period.

Going to say Under. We lose 4-1. Flyers start off on an early 3-0 lead, we get a lucky one, and then they punch in the 4th goal in the 3rd. I'll turn it off after the 3rd goal.

Punxrocknyc19*

vs the Flyers, i dont like the fact that the Rangers defense doesnt have much of an edge to it.. Falk should play.. i say play 7 d and scratch Pyatt Zucc and send Fast down for legit ice time...

Bardof425*

If Zucc is scratched you know the game is going to a shootout.

Bardof425*

Need size against the big bad Flyers!

Zucc plays a more physical game than Pyatt. I know Pyatt has dropped the gloves in the past, but since becoming a Ranger, he has shown no inclination to do that. So, play the better player and that is Zucc.

Joe11

Aug 2, 2011
Seems like either Pyatt or Zucc will sit tommorow. Which means, Pyatt will play.

Wish they could both sit, along with Pouliot ( note when Pyatt is on ice, I wouldn't call it playing, I think coasting is a better word)

Ranger take physical beating and also beating on the scoreboard
Flyers 8-2

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Slumping Flyers offense?
Check.

Playing the Rangers?
Check.

Rangers playing against scrub goalie?
Check.

Watch the Flyers players all break out tomorrow. It's a given.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Historically speaking, however...

He had a rough go on some awful Columbus teams. He's just carrying over his great play from last year after the trade (.944 sv%, 1.90 GAA in 7 games).

He's looked great ever since becoming a Flyer. He's always had talent, him improving after a change of scenery is not a surprise at all, at least to me. Goaltenders are weird.

I do find it funny that the Flyers finally have some stability in net (at least for the first few games) and are even worse than before.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
He had a rough go on some awful Columbus teams. He's just carrying over his great play from last year after the trade (.944 sv%, 1.90 GAA in 7 games).

He's looked great ever since becoming a Flyer. He's always had talent, him improving after a change of scenery is not a surprise at all, at least to me. Goaltenders are weird.

I do find it funny that the Flyers finally have some stability in net (at least for the first few games) and are even worse than before.

Just like a few terrible games by Hank won't convince me that he's a terrible goalie, a few great games by Mason won't convince me that he's a legit #1.

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
if they drop the next two player introductions on opening night will be the most entertaining part of the Rangers season to date.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

There defense is God awful and they have a ton of money tied up in it. They have the same player in Schenn, Coburn, Grossman. Timmonen and Streit make a ton and are old. Not a good group.

That's not even mentioning Mezsaros who is a healthy scratch making a ton.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I hope the team remembers they are playing against a divisional rival. The game against the Devils had about the same intensity as a midseason matchup against the Preds or Wild.

Green Blob*

I dont understand why we keep having all these days off between games. Scheduler did a horrible job

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
I hope the team remembers they are playing against a divisional rival. The game against the Devils had about the same intensity as a midseason matchup against the Preds or Wild.

Agreed. It was a joke of a game against a "rival". I was actually so bored watching it that I almost changed the channel and I never do that when watching ranger games.

They did absolutely nothing to try and change the tide of the game and I also think that AV should have probably used a timeout after the second goal.

The pure lack of intensity was very discouraging for me to see.

Wolfy*

I dont understand why we keep having all these days off between games. Scheduler did a horrible job

And this long road trip has been a disaster for the Rangers, the season is almost over before it begins.

I know it has to do with the MSG renovations, but how about better planning to get things ready in time :shakehead

Punxrocknyc19*

And this long road trip has been a disaster for the Rangers, the season is almost over before it begins.

I know it has to do with the MSG renovations, but how about better planning to get things ready in time :shakehead

so the Rangers couldnt play the eastern teams like Penguins Flyers Bruins in the start of the season on the road, maybe starting in the east instead of the west would have helped this team..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad