Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

This game already feels like a must win one, before our home opener. If we lose I wouldn't be in AV's shoes.

But I got a bad feeling about this if Lundqvist is out. The Flyers also struggle, they are hungry. Hopefully Kreider will find the net.

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 15m

Cam Talbot in line to make his NHL debut tomorrow at Philly.

#NYR lines so far: Kreider-Stepan-Richards, Pouliot-Brassard-Miller, Pyatt-Boyle-Fast, Mashinter-D. Moore-Dorsett

@NYRangers: #NYR take to ice for morning practice. @HLundqvist30 is not practicing...

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 7m

Mats Zuccarello is on the ice practicing, just wasn't on the last couple of line drills.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 1m

Mats Zuccarello now skating on Brian Boyle's line with Jesper Fast during drills. Pyatt was there earlier in practice.

Well, this should be interesting.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
If Talbot and Kreider can play well, I think we've got a shot. Stepan and Brassard also have to wake up, both have been way down compared to last year. I don't think it's pretty, but we've got a shot.

Prediction: Flyers 2, Rangers 3 in the shootout. If this team can't beat the Flyers, the cellar of our division, we're in major trouble (not that we aren't already...) Goals from Richards and Kreider. Zucc scores in the shootout for the only goal of the shootout.

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
The boys should expect a physical game. Rinaldo will run around like a pitbull with rabies like he always does.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
The little bit I've seen from Talbot I thought he looked solid, I think the team will respond well in front of him. Flyers aren't playing any better than the rangers. Think it's going to be a 3-2 rangers win with goals from Richards, Miller, and Staal.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think it'll be closer than most predict. Talbot should be ultra-focused given that it's a major milestone for him. He's a solid goalie with an NHL future, not some AHL scrub. 3-1 final. Giroux (x2) and Talbot for the Flyers and Miller chips in a late goal for the Rangers.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Physical game, sure. Not worried about that aspect. There's enough of it with that lineup.

Kreider can hit, boyle can hit, Pyatt can be physical as well. The whole bottom line can, and both Mash and Dorse won't tolerate nonsense. If Falk's in the lineup again there's another. Miller isn't a pushover.

Should be more concerned about actually scoring, early on, and giving Talbot good D in his first game.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'm okay with either of Pyatt or Zucc sitting.

I honestly have no faith in this game.

Punxrocknyc19*

if Rinaldo is in the starting lineup, id send Mash and Dorsett to try to provide some energy for the Rangers.. Rangers did well whenever they had a fight within the first few mins of the opening faceoff.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
At the very least, Dorsett vs. Rinaldo would be very entertaining.

Punxrocknyc19*

Let their goons run around and take dumb penalties.

yea.. and knowing the Rangers luck Rinaldo injures Richards with a knee on knee injury, take the 5 mins powerplay and dont score on the 5 mins PP while Richards is out for the next 6 months and lose 2-1 :help:

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
yea.. and knowing the Rangers luck Rinaldo injures Richards with a knee on knee injury, take the 5 mins powerplay and dont score on the 5 mins PP while Richards is out for the next 6 months and lose 2-1 :help:

Ok. Rinaldo injures Richards with a knee on knee. Mashinter jumps on him, and gets a penalty himself. Now we don't even have a powerplay, still don't score, and Richards is still injured.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
This game is entirely dependent on the performances of stepan, richards, brassard and talbot

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
What in jesus name have Pouliot done to possibly deserve a spot in the lineup. Having a large body is not an argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->