GDT: Rangers @ Flyers | 7:00 PM EST | MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Going through my THN 2019-20 Yearbook now, and they ranked the top-50 players in the league.
1. McDavid
2. Kucherov
3. Crosby
4. MacKinnon
5. Bergeron
6. Ovechkin
7. Hedman
8. Barkov
9. Matthews
10. O’Reilly
11. Burns
12. Kane
13. Tavares
14. Vasilevskiy
15. Seth Jones
16. Mark Stone
17. Marchand
18. Pastrnak
19. Draisaitl
20. EK65
21. Gaudreau
22. Scheifele
23. Panarin

Reactions: Maximus

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Going through my THN 2019-20 Yearbook now, and they ranked the top-50 players in the league.
1. McDavid
2. Kucherov
3. Crosby
4. MacKinnon
5. Bergeron
6. Ovechkin
7. Hedman
8. Barkov
9. Matthews
10. O’Reilly
11. Burns
12. Kane
13. Tavares
14. Vasilevskiy
15. Seth Jones
16. Mark Stone
17. Marchand
18. Pastrnak
19. Draisaitl
20. EK65
21. Gaudreau
22. Scheifele
23. Panarin

Quickly approaching Price status.

Also Bergeron #5?

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
It seems like the team plays better for the better goalies. They were very good with Igor in goal.

Yeah, ok. Good.

I'm saying that Henrik's last two games we couldn't manage a single goal 5v5. One of those games was against the Red Wings.

The game he started before that was against the defending champion blues who trashed them. And before that was against the flames wherein Brook's recap article is 'well at least Kakko played well, even if he was the only one.'

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This is the 3-2-1 system?
This is the only one that makes sense. How can some games be worth 3 pts and other games 2pts?

ALL games should be 3pts. 3 RW. 2OTW. 1OTL. It would eliminate the passive nature as well, that teams exhibit in at the end of 3rd periods.. if tied obviously.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
1. McDavid
2. Kucherov
3. Crosby
4. MacKinnon
5. Bergeron
6. Ovechkin
7. Hedman
8. Barkov
9. Matthews
10. O’Reilly
11. Burns
12. Kane
13. Tavares
14. Vasilevskiy
15. Seth Jones
16. Mark Stone
17. Marchand
18. Pastrnak
19. Draisaitl
20. EK65
21. Gaudreau
22. Scheifele
23. Panarin
Oof this list is garabage rank. Marchand over drais, bread man and pasta ? Cmon

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
1. McDavid
2. Kucherov
3. Crosby
4. MacKinnon
5. Bergeron
6. Ovechkin
7. Hedman
8. Barkov
9. Matthews
10. O’Reilly
11. Burns
12. Kane
13. Tavares
14. Vasilevskiy
15. Seth Jones
16. Mark Stone
17. Marchand
18. Pastrnak
19. Draisaitl
20. EK65
21. Gaudreau
22. Scheifele
23. Panarin
LMAO

Reactions: Cmox

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
1. McDavid
2. Kucherov
3. Crosby
4. MacKinnon
5. Bergeron
6. Ovechkin
7. Hedman
8. Barkov
9. Matthews
10. O’Reilly
11. Burns
12. Kane
13. Tavares
14. Vasilevskiy
15. Seth Jones
16. Mark Stone
17. Marchand
18. Pastrnak
19. Draisaitl
20. EK65
21. Gaudreau
22. Scheifele
23. Panarin

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Yeah, ok. Good.

I'm saying that Henrik's last two games we couldn't manage a single goal 5v5. One of those games was against the Red Wings.

The game he started before that was against the defending champion blues who trashed them. And before that was against the flames wherein Brook's recap article is 'well at least Kakko played well, even if he was the only one.'

It's funny because if you go back and look at usage, Henrik was getting the tougher matchups for the most part and him and Georgiev put up very similar numbers, Georgiev having arguably higher peaks but lower valleys and Henrik being more consistent.

I feel for Hank. Even his shutout in Detroit, the team played horrible in front of him. Playing the worst team in the league and he had to steal the game. Then next game team comes out like crap and DQ pulls Henrik going into the 3rd period of a 4-2 game. Ridiculous IMO.

And then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy from DQ on who to use. Henrik doesn't play in a while and gets rusty but then you can't use him because he's rusty and hasn't played in a while and the only reason he's rusty is because you haven't played him in a while. Now it's gone 3 and a half weeks without a start and you kind of need to use him but you've waited so long before using him that he's going to be rusty and probably play bad but would it really be his fault that he played bad considering it's been so long since he played? And that's not even mentioning that in the past 3-4 weeks the team has played much better in front of their goalies so who even knows how Henrik would be doing with the newfound solid team in front of him? He's had pretty bad play in front of him in almost all of his starts. But now once he gets back in he'll probably be bad because it's been so long since he played and then he won't play again for a while, if at all, because he previously played bad and then around and around we go.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
In my 22 year old big $$ 12 team fantasy league, Panarin was taken 16th overall as the 12th forward taken. The owner who got him is in 1st place.

The 2nd place team you ask? Ummm...that would be me. And a big reason I’m in 2nd is because I drafted Mika as 75 th overall player and 42 nd forward selected.

Next year you have to think after McDavid and MacKinnon, Panarin is in the conversation as the 3rd best forward in hockey along with Pasternak and probably Draiseitle.

As far as Mika, one would have to believe he we’ll be ranked in the top 25-30 overall and likely as a top 15 forward.

This may be the 1st time we’ve ever had 2 stud forwards who potentially can both score 100 points at same time since the old “GAG line” with Jean Ratelle and Rod Gilbert back in the early to mid 70’s.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
It's funny because if you go back and look at usage, Henrik was getting the tougher matchups for the most part and him and Georgiev put up very similar numbers, Georgiev having arguably higher peaks but lower valleys and Henrik being more consistent.

I feel for Hank. Even his shutout in Detroit, the team played horrible in front of him. Playing the worst team in the league and he had to steal the game. Then next game team comes out like crap and DQ pulls Henrik going into the 3rd period of a 4-2 game. Ridiculous IMO.

And then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy from DQ on who to use. Henrik doesn't play in a while and gets rusty but then you can't use him because he's rusty and hasn't played in a while and the only reason he's rusty is because you haven't played him in a while. Now it's gone 3 and a half weeks without a start and you kind of need to use him but you've waited so long before using him that he's going to be rusty and probably play bad but would it really be his fault that he played bad considering it's been so long since he played? And that's not even mentioning that in the past 3-4 weeks the team has played much better in front of their goalies so who even knows how Henrik would be doing with the newfound solid team in front of him? He's had pretty bad play in front of him in almost all of his starts. But now once he gets back in he'll probably be bad because it's been so long since he played and then he won't play again for a while, if at all, because he previously played bad and then around and around we go.

Pretty much how I see it too. But some of it really is that the team just plays better for the other guys. It's not entirely true, as you're pointing out, the rotation and the teams we play against factor in--but it's not not true either. Personally, I just hope Henrik, if he does get the nod while Shesterkin is out, can perform as well as he has. And I really hope the team can galvanize around him and support him. No matter where you feel he ranks among our three goalies, it's just not true that the guy isn't still an NHL caliber goalie, and it'd be a bit despicable if the team didn't give him a great performance and try to win one for this guy.

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Here’s the deal this weekend for us:

Not expecting or anticipating us winning tonight vs a very well rested great at home this season Flyer team.

Best we can hope for IMO would be to try and steal a point and get game to OT. We do that we should be estactic. That said, I’d be shocked if we did that tho this team does have a way of surprising us and in a good way.

Even with a loss, so long as we take care of business and win Sunday at MSG, all is good in the world.

Bottom line...don’t get swept and the playoff push is still rocking. I’m not even going to speculate about a worst case scenario!

Common boys...shock me and win tonight despite the odds against us. Prove me wrong ad nothing would make me happier...lol

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We're bound to lose eventually... Dont like our chances if we come out flat like the last 3 games. I dont know if we're 'playing down' to our competition.

I chalk up Sundays game as a loss. We normally dont fare well in day games but who knows with this squad

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
In my 22 year old big $$ 12 team fantasy league, Panarin was taken 16th overall as the 12th forward taken. The owner who got him is in 1st place.

The 2nd place team you ask? Ummm...that would be me. And a big reason I’m in 2nd is because I drafted Mika as 75 th overall player and 42 nd forward selected.

Next year you have to think after McDavid and MacKinnon, Panarin is in the conversation as the 3rd best forward in hockey along with Pasternak and probably Draiseitle.

As far as Mika, one would have to believe he we’ll be ranked in the top 25-30 overall and likely as a top 15 forward.

This may be the 1st time we’ve ever had 2 stud forwards who potentially can both score 100 points at same time since the old “GAG line” with Jean Ratelle and Rod Gilbert back in the early to mid 70’s.
not enough talent.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I didn't think it was too big of a deal he had sat a couple days, but we really, really need Pavel back in there tonight. Who sits? McKegg?
McKegg was the one who came back into the lineup for Buch, so that seems like the obvious choice.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Since All-Star Break
NYR -15gp 12-3 | 3.53 GF/G | 2.27 GA/G

PHI - 13gp 9-3-1 |4.00 GF/g | 2.69 GA/G

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Pretty much how I see it too. But some of it really is that the team just plays better for the other guys. It's not entirely true, as you're pointing out, the rotation and the teams we play against factor in--but it's not not true either. Personally, I just hope Henrik, if he does get the nod while Shesterkin is out, can perform as well as he has. And I really hope the team can galvanize around him and support him. No matter where you feel he ranks among our three goalies, it's just not true that the guy isn't still an NHL caliber goalie, and it'd be a bit despicable if the team didn't give him a great performance and try to win one for this guy.
Yeah, that's the thing. Even if people think Georgiev is better than Lundqvist, Lundqvist isn't some total sieve either. It's why I don't understand why people think he should retire. If you want to move on from him, that's one thing, but him to retire?

He's put up better traditional number this year than a bunch of other starters like Holtby, Freddy Anderson, John Gibson, Mrazek, Bobrovsky, Rinne, Matt Murray (Holtby is an .897sv% on the season lol) and his advanced numbers are pretty good as well. He may not be what he once was but he's definitely still an NHL goalie. Other guys are in the same area within a point or two (Fleury, Binnington, Price). I mean I think it's pretty safe to say all of our goalies including Hank would be putting up better numbers than Fluery, Holtby, Rinne, Murray or Binnington if they were playing on teams that good. Fleury is a .908 behind a Vegas team that is top 5 at limiting quality against and everyone thinks he's a amazing, Binnington is an All stay with a .909 behind one of the best teams in the leauge. Holtby is an .897 behind a top 3 team. But somehow Lundqvist should retire? It's just dumb.

I actually agree with you about the team playing worse in front of Hank at least in the recent memory. They'd have a couple good games in front of Georgiev and then lay a stinker when hank came in. Calgary and St. Louis games come to mind as you pointed out.

I want him to play well whenever he is called on too but I worry about it bc even at his prime he was a guy who didn't ever play well after long layoffs. So it's more likely he comes in and is shaky and then it becomes more of we can't use him bc we're trying to make the playoffs and he's too shaky bc he hasn't played enough lately, but him not playing enough lately is an issue that kind of was started by DQ in the first place so it it is just a self perpetuating cycle. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Igor to keep getting starts and want him to be the starter, but with Igor missing two separate stretches to injury DQ had chances to give Hank a game and he didn't. Give him one game in that back to back set igor missed with the ankle and now instead of being 4 weeks removed from his last start he's only 10 days. Idk this is why a 3 goalie situation doesn't work.

Reactions: mrhockey193195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad