GDT: Rangers @ Flyers | 7:00 PM EST | MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fox.jpg

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
After seeing Carter Hart's record at home, we would be Titans if we won tonight. So I'm less confident in our chances. But we have been playing well in back to backs and on the road (9 wins and counting) But a 17-2-2 record is incredible. I though Shesty's record was impressive. We have our hands full tonight.
Our offense is dynamic enough to score on the best goalies in this league. Solid team defense/support is what silences us.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
If it's just the rib with Shesty then that's great. It's painful but it heals. When it comes to car accidents, you just never want to hear that the back was involved. I know too many people who get into an accident, feel fine, and then the back becomes a huge problem a couple days down the road.

So that's the case with both Shesty and Buch. Seeing Buch skating the other day was fantastic. Hoping big time he can play tonight.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
This is what terrifies me if we make it into the PO's. That is 100% deep run playoff hockey; what it's all about.
The good news is we don't need a ton of chances to capitalize. But playing in your own zone for periods on end is tiring and wears the team down, especially in a potential 7 game series. We need heavy development or reinforcements for our bottom 2 lines for next year so they're not constantly playing back in the D zone 3 out of 4 shifts.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Our offense is dynamic enough to score on the best goalies in this league. Solid team defense/support is what silences us.
I wouldn't say Hart is one of the best, he is horrible on the road. But this team must be doing something supernatural for him to have this much success at home. Maybe something Titans can handle? LOL

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This is what terrifies me if we make it into the PO's. That is 100% deep run playoff hockey; what it's all about.

I mean, I don't think any of us actually expect to go deep in the playoffs if the team makes it. It's more about setting a goal and getting experience for our young players.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I really don't understand how we got to this situation with Hank.

Shesty was better than both the other two, so that made sense. But Hank and Georgiev were pretty much equals all season. It feels like we're trying to strong-arm him into retiring.

I don't very often watch player interviews at any point, but I seen Hank's from a day or two before the Islanders game and he was an absolutely defeated man. Said something along of the lines of seeing if there's a place for him here next year, or some similar sentiment.

It's f***ing hard to watch; for the best or not.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

Shesty was better than both the other two, so that made sense. But Hank and Georgiev were pretty much equals all season. It feels like we're trying to strong-arm him into retiring.

I don't very often watch player interviews at any point, but I seen Hank's from a day or two before the Islanders game and he was an absolutely defeated man. Said something along of the lines of seeing if there's a place for him here next year, or some similar sentiment.

Hank's game has been declining for the last three years. It's been kind of obvious how he used to be money on breakaways, penalty shots (shootouts). Now it seems when he lets in goals, he lets it eat at him and he loses focus. That's something that he never did, but has been doing it for a while now.

Reactions: JayMan82

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The good news is we don't need a ton of chances to capitalize. But playing in your own zone for periods on end is tiring and wears the team down, especially in a potential 7 game series. We need heavy development or reinforcements for our bottom 2 lines for next year so they're not constantly playing back in the D zone 3 out of 4 shifts.
Our bottom two lines have had two consecutive great games. In the postgame last night, Quinn said if the top two lines played as well as the bottom two did, he wouldn't have had to break them up like he did.

And they will see plenty of action tonight in the second of a back to back. They most definitely will have a say in our outcome.

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Ultimately the team needs to be another line deep of scoring threat and have a fourth line that can at least pressure. It's harder for other teams to constantly be on point defending with their best players if you have more scoring depth

even if the Rangers make the playoffs this year they likely are not going deep, but let's just enjoy the ride

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Two things...the Rangers needed to give Shesterkin a chance and to see what he could do at the NHL level. He clearly earned that callup.

Second is that the Rangers are close to making the playoffs and are playing the hot hand/best goalie and the reality is that Henrik is not that goalie any longer. I kinda hate it too but the simple fact is that he's not as good as Shesterkin or Georgiev at this point and the Rangers want to win

I think Lundqvist just figured he'd be the starter this year, then maybe transition to more 50 50 next year, etc. It all happened faster than he was expecting, but that's sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad