Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers 04/07/18 - That’s All Folks

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Our first pick this year, if he is a defenseman, isn't in the NHL until 2021-22 unless he's some kind of freak, or Dahlin.

Hajek and Lindgren will be barely hitting the age where most defensemen debut.

This is longer than 2 years.
This is something we agree on, I think it will take 3 years if this turns out right.
But prospects are becoming more NHL ready every year. Look at McAvoy already contributing top minuets for boston, Same with Provorov and Werenski. Boqvist Bouchard, Dobson, Ty Smith etc could very well be NHL ready in 2 years

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’m not exaggerating, you’ve said multiple times this week that the Rangers dratfted him for intangibles, which implies a lack of skill and/or additional reasons for the pick.
They absolutely did draft him for intangibles. That doesn't imply a lack of skill.

Jonathan Toews is a Hall of Famer on his talent alone. You're choosing to read into it as a lack of skill.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
The Rangers have been an elite franchise for over a decade. Yeah they fell short but the fact some of you especially one of you want to keep ripping the front office is laughable. Yeah they’ve screwed up some things but they’ve also gotten a bunch right.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
They absolutely did draft him for intangibles. That doesn't imply a lack of skill.

Jonathan Toews is a Hall of Famer on his talent alone. You're choosing to read into it as a lack of skill.

How about you let Lias develop instead of bashing him.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The Rangers have been an elite franchise for over a decade. Yeah they fell short but the fact some of you especially one of you want to keep ripping the front office is laughable. Yeah they’ve screwed up some things but they’ve also gotten a bunch right.

I disagree with lot of your posts but agree with this one.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I know I've had my share of negative posts but literally the only posts that the guy you quoted has ever posted from what I've seen were "Gorton is a bum, fire him!" If that's your only contribution to this board maybe you should find another hobby.
No it isn't, I posted my thoughts a few pages earlier. Don't ever question my contribution to this board or my loyalty to the team.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Rebuild shoulda started 2 years ago.

Wouldn't need to have been rebuilding if we did not make terrible trades like MSL and Eric Staal, and so on and if we would not give out dumb contracts to the likes of Staal, Girardi, Stepan, etc. and instead traded them.

Reactions: 28BHM

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If Machinehead didn't overload the GTD and PGT with pessimism, we would have solved colony collapse disorder and improved the 11 herb and spices recipe today.

Today was a great day for quiet optimism and hope.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
I don't agree with him, but I don't think this question is fair either.

We all root for this team for different reasons. His are no less worthy than yours or mine.
Of course you can, this team is not run perfectly by any means. But to actively keep being negative on everything while not looking at any of the bright sides that this team has that's ridiculous imo.
This teams prospect pool is the best its been in years and its just going to get better with the draft this year.
I explain myself better in this post. I understand not being happy about how this season unrolled, but to constantly be negative about everything with this team not named Chris Kreider is dumb

Reactions: E-Train

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
sounds like a crap game I'm not sad I missed but how did Chytil and Andersson look

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Mindboggling how someone could say McD trade was bad. Hajek + Howden, give these guys a chance to succeed before bashing the trade. Then we also have their 1st rounder. And 2nd rounder next year, potentially 1st.

This is a trade that could go from all time bad (both Howden and Hajek bust, we draft garbage, Names walks) to a gift that keeps on giving (Hajek turns into top pairing, Howden becomes top-6, we draft another Chytil with Tampa's pick, Names signs a team fruendly deal and becomes a 50-point player).

it was mainly bad because of Miller for Namestnikov swap. Miller is a superior and more complete player. Gorton got lured into this and had only 1 team bidding for McD.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
If Machinehead didn't overload the GTD and PGT with pessimism, we would have solved colony collapse disorder and improved the 11 herb and spices recipe today.

Well..Alrighty then
Chalk that one up on the cryptic theory note :huh:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No it isn't, I posted my thoughts a few pages earlier. Don't ever question my contribution to this board or my loyalty to the team.

I was talking about the guy you quoted, relax.

I know I've had my share of negative posts but literally the only posts that the guy you quoted has ever posted from what I've seen were "Gorton is a bum, fire him!" If that's your only contribution to this board maybe you should find another hobby.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
@Machinehead

Lias was a fine selection at 7. It was a 6 player draft and all of hockey knew it. No problems there and his ‘skating issues’ are so overblown on here that it’s becoming absurd. He was drafted to hopefully be our version of a Johnny toews. Can we have patience please?

RE: McD trade - I’m sorry man, but you’ve got to put that whole situation in perspective - the guy hadn’t looked ok on this team for a long time...He wasn’t old McD and we all knew it and the package in which we acquired for him (and Miller) cannot be judged just yet because it is 100% a future move (as was Names I think because I am positive he’ll be dangled in June).

So come on, man, lighten up and look ahead, not behind.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Glad I mentioned Detroit earlier because they just extended Holland lol
I would love to see the people who s*** on Gorton be a fan of the Nucks or Wings and have to deal with Benning or Holland. At least JG was able to get really good returns for his ufa's at the deadline

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

You should see MH in the MLB thread. Dude is going to burn himself out by mid-June

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I would love to see the people who s*** on Gorton be a fan of the Nucks or Wings and have to deal with Benning or Holland. At least JG was able to get really good returns for his ufa's at the deadline

Vancouver had Boeser and him alone makes me think they are in better shape than us. At the moment at least.

Horvat too. Kids incredible.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
How was Fogarty/Beleskey? I was at work

Fogarty made a lot of mistakes, took a penalty.

Beleksey is something of a known quantity. He is capable of 4th line duties next year, and I hope he gets that chance. Much prefer a Beleskey to a Puempel or a McLeod on the 4th line.

Reactions: Lays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad