Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
XQn3P7z.gif

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Well the final game was a fitting close for this team.

As much as watching this particular team and coaching staff was painful, it still sucks knowing there's not another game for 5+ months. Hopefully the rebuild takes a big step forward this offseason. I have faith in Gorton. LGR.

Reactions: egelband

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
We've set ourselves up to fail even if the rebuild works. We're at least 4 seasons from fixing this defense.

McDonagh with a new a coach and it's fixed overnight.
I'm sorry, I think you forgot to add "and a time machine."

McDonagh has not been the same player he was during the deep cup runs for the last two years. I kept watching, hoping to see the old level of dominance, but never did. (Before you bring up AV again, please remember he was the coach when McD had his best seasons too...)

I still like McD and hope he can get back to that old form in the future, but to pretend he hasn't regressed is disingenuous.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The most highly anticipated announcement in the Western Hemisphere since Truman's and it will be just as glorious.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Tying up big money in McDonagh would have been a tragedy but this defense for the next 3-4 years isn't a tragedy?

And the return ****ing sucked. Awful lot of trust in Gorton.
How did the return suck? Howden and Hajek are very good prospects, who I've both seen a decent amount of. They get a better return of the Yandle deal. Just because we have perceptions of what we think value is doesn't mean that's actually what the market value is.

Brady Skjei has been very good since the trade. Shattenkirk will be healthy. ADA will get minutes. Hell, they may even trade for another dman that we never expected to be available. Dude, I'm telling you, just be patient. I'm just as frustrated as you, but be patient.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Nobody will want the free agents because they hurt draft status.
What? Who? Fans? I don't think that's true of most fans or current management. If it is true of management then it'd be true for MAYBE this offseason. This team will absolutely be going balls to the wall to win again by the 2019-2020 season. Which is very reasonable

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How did the return suck? Howden and Hajek are very good prospects, who I've both seen a decent amount of. They get a better return of the Yandle deal. Just because we have perceptions of what we think value is doesn't mean that's actually what the market value is.

Brady Skjei has been very good since the trade. Shattenkirk will be healthy. ADA will get minutes. Hell, they may even trade for another dman that we never expected to be available. Dude, I'm telling you, just be patient. I'm just as frustrated as you, but be patient.

Ok, I'll give you all that.

Now tell me Pionk hasn't won a top 4 job for life.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
"At least 4 seasons" is such hyperbole. We really don't know what's going to happen. Rosters change so much over time, so many players become available that you never thought would, etc. Compare the Rangers roster and situation from the 2009 playoffs and compare it to the 2012 team. Are the Rangers going to be a Stanley Cup contender next year? No. Is the defense going to be fixed for next season? Probably not across the board. But just because we're turning over the roster doesn't mean this team is going to be a trainwreck for the next half decade. We have a solid base of young players to build off and a lot of assets to work with. I'm not concerned with being a disaster for years upon years.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What? Who? Fans? I don't think that's true of most fans or current management. If it is true of management then it'd be true for MAYBE this offseason. This team will absolutely be going balls to the wall to win again by the 2019-2020 season. Which is very reasonable
I'll believe it when I see it.

Don't see this team being anywhere near contention by then.

Reactions: Doctor King Schultz

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
The last couple of weeks this team has regressed... From bad to horrendous. Defense has been a disaster. Major rebuild on the D is needed.

I agree, this team is further away than I originally thought.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Hopefully we won't make stupid long term FA signings to try and accelerate this rebuild. Gorton will have 30 GMs trying to make him slip up so hopefully he stays patient and tells Glen to shut the f*** up.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
This team needs more work than we think quite honestly. Defense is that bad and it takes a while to fix it and I really hope we won't do the Buffalo

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
A big part of this fanbase is assuming that a lot of the future pieces are already in the pipeline. Unless 3 or 4 of them exceed expectations, this will be one angry group next season, and maybe beyond that. I also suspect that the next coach will be hated by many at some point next season. I know that's not going out on a limb, because it's a given for all fanbases.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Been a long time since we had this kind of end to a season. 09-10 was basically a playoff loss since we were outed on the last day of eligibility. It wasn't ever a foregone conclusion that we weren't postseason bound.

14 years since this team had played meaningless games. Hell of a run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad