Rangers Final Roster

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Not sold on Fast. Hopefully when cally and hags come back he can spend some time in the AHL for some seasoning

I'm not sold on him being ready to be an effective offensive player, but I think he looked solid enough to play third line minutes and do some good things for now. I think he's certainly going down when Callahan or Hagelin come back though unless there are other injuries

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Fasth is more ready in the sense that he has the skillset and hockey sense and maturity to play at this level and continuously improve and make an impact, CONSISTENTLY. Even if Krieder can a bigger game from time to time (which is actually the truth), Fasth is much better suited here because of the subtlety of his game and consistency. Whether or not he produces offensive is going to take time but given that Hagelin is out, Fasth is the next best replacement for that role and spot. Certainly much more than a misplaced Kreider.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Personally I thought Fast had a really nice first game but then his play trailed off. I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say Kreider was better than him, but I did not feel as though Fast had an over the top, he MUST make the team, kind of preseason.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Personally I thought Fast had a really nice first game but then his play trailed off. I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say Kreider was better than him, but I did not feel as though Fast had an over the top, he MUST make the team, kind of preseason.

All it is is an extended evaluation. It's not like anyone else should or could make the team ahead of him.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Again, I think Fast making the team now is more about Callahan and Hagelin being out. I think he'll be down once those guys come back unless he shows a lot during the regular season games in the meantime.

What'l be interesting to see is if Miller can push a guy like Pyatt or Pouliot down the lineup with his play

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
All it is is an extended evaluation. It's not like anyone else should or could make the team ahead of him.
I like fast but once cally comes back he should spend some time in the AHL for some seasoning. I think people are overrating him. i though he was ok but didnt needs to get a bit tougher and his offense needs some work

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I think the PP could benefit from a more seasoned Fasth. I don't think Arniel is intending on factoring Fasth into the powerplay at this point. Maybe when things inevitably fails miserably on the PP ;)

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I think the PP could benefit from a more seasoned Fasth. I don't think Arniel is intending on factoring Fasth into the powerplay at this point. Maybe when things inevitably fails miserably on the PP ;)

It's Fast damn it, he dropped the H.

The players who earned spots were rewarded spots. Although, I felt Powe was much better than Asham. And, yes, that means I think Pyatt earned a spot. The bashing of Pyatt is ridiculous. He has a very good camp.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Pyatt does what he does...he grinds along the boards and goes to the front of the net and tends to do that as an effective third/fourth liner. Dont' want to see him int he top six but he's alright otherwise.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011

The players who earned spots were rewarded spots. Although, I felt Powe was much better than Asham. And, yes, that means I think Pyatt earned a spot. The bashing of Pyatt is ridiculous. He has a very good camp.

Good point on the spelling of Fasth. I made a note of it.
I dunno, I prefer Fasth. It's more Swedish and less kitsch :laugh:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Pyatt does what he does...he grinds along the boards and goes to the front of the net and tends to do that as an effective third/fourth liner. Dont' want to see him int he top six but he's alright otherwise.

If he hits the top six, he's going to have to prove it first so if he does, then maybe there's a purpose to it. Even if he does, it hardly makes the 3rd line a true 3rd line and the 2nd line with Pyatt on it a true 2nd line. I dunno about after Stepan is thrown into the line up, but so far, the 2nd and 3rd line have been balanced.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Disappointing preseason from Kreider. Hopefully he remains in the AHL for a while. No more back and forth.

16 To Stanley*

I just read that AV is going to have Richards practice at Wing with Stepan and Nash on Tuesday

He practiced today on the wing with Stepan and Cally. Nash sat out.

On Tuesday, it will be with Nash.

Per Gross, the plan is to have Thursdays first line be Richards-Stepan-Nash.

I'm interested to see how it goes. Richards is not legitimate both ways anymore. Stepan is great defensively. Could work out well

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
He practiced today on the wing with Stepan and Cally. Nash sat out.

On Tuesday, it will be with Nash.

Per Gross, the plan is to have Thursdays first line be Richards-Stepan-Nash.

I'm interested to see how it goes. Richards is not legitimate both ways anymore. Stepan is great defensively. Could work out well

Damn ... now I really badly will want to stay up ... Is westcoast road trip, right? ... ouch ^^

IanB

Jul 2, 2006

Perhaps Pyatt can be termed the first "Vigneault guy".

If much of his usefulness is camping around the net and using his size -- which has been the strategy in the preseason from beginning to end -- then he fits in just fine.

Pyatt had good seasons under Vigneault in Vancouver. At that time, he had a share of minutes with top-six players if I remember correctly, but that's not really the point. The point is Vigneault knows Pyatt.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I am a huge Kreider supporter but he simply did not do enough consistently to make the team. Unfortunately for him (fortunately for the rangers organization), there was good competition in camp with Fast and Lindberg being added in coupled with the acquisition of Kristo, and the healthiness of Hrivik. Also Miller coming back from injury and playing well. Having a good game here and there wasn't going to cut it for Kreider. He needed to play the way he did in the Boston series. He needed to bang bodies and be a workhorse out there every shift. I thought he played well in edmonton and LA games but it just wasnt enough when he didnt show up in the other games. I think he will be back up soon but it all depends on how he takes this. Last year he didn't get going right out of the gate in Hartford. This year I hope he takes a page out of McDonagh's book and shows why he should be back in the NHL. I still have plenty of hope for Kreider.

Bardof425*

Powe and pyatt both had good camps. But we also know they both stink. So, would rather see neither on the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad