Confirmed with Link: Rangers Expected to Sign Patrick Nemeth: Brooks

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Nemeth has played very well thus far. This post is poor timing on your part. Go back to the Colorado board. You can try this post again in a couple months and see if it fits better.

Well, I follow my favorite Swedes, I am not super loyal to any NHL team. ;)

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Nemeth’s been okay. He does fine defensively but he has one or more pass per game that seems to be right on the opponents tape, either inside our own end, or right outside the blue line. He also (paired with Lundkvist) gets pinned in our end too much. I would say he’s been fine. I’d also say I’m not sure why we felt the need to give him 3 years and trade protection. In general, I’m pretty ambivalent about Nemeth - which is better than the alternative of hating him - but I do think he’s prone to UGLY turnovers on a consistent basis.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He's dealing with the same issues as Trouba did last year when Key first started - being responsible to cover for a young NHL dman as they're breaking into the league. He also has to do it while learning a new system, so it's not necessarily the easiest job in the world. I think both he and Nils could be a lot better, but I'm also not worried about either of them right now. I think they'll both settle into a groove now that the forward lines hopefully can be a bit more stable with everyone healthy.

Reactions: Crease

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
It's a bit funny with Nemeth.

The coaches seems to like him and utilizing him in a lot of critical situations like in PK facing the opponents best players. Bednar even brought him back to Colorado.

Usually quickly becoming the whipping boy among the fans though, in New York Rangers too.

The big question is, who are the true experts here, the coaches or the fans? :sarcasm:

Nemeth has mostly been good; especially since he's been paired with a rookie that is struggling hard.

You must go out of your way to find and read the negative posts about him!

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He has not been bad but could be better. New system and new team but he has not been bad enough to be scratched. Tinordi has been brutal. Jones should have made the team over Nils based on training camp.

Nemeth is a good under the radar signing. Underrated player.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
New team who hasn't exactly been playing well.
Playing both RD and LD in a 13 game span.
Playing with a rookie for the majority of his minutes.
Playing on a team lacking even a decent defensive center.

Player struggles.

I think he will improve as time goes on. The entire team will.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
I watch him and Nils closely
Nils altho not very good yet has played much better then this guy
I want Nils to get a better partner
Nils actually played very well last game
Nemeth reminds me of the dreaded JJ
Another wasted contract when we got guys just waiting for their opportunity down in Hartford

Last edited:

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Smith would be an upgrade but it wasn't either or, they should have gotten a capable physical stable dman to play alongside our small skilled dman who is gonna take a while to figure it out. We had cap space to do it, it makes no sense.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If no major trades are made, in a year Jones is going to be in that spot anyways.

Eminger had a rough start to his NYR career and ended up surprising people by the end.

This was a stopgap until the defense is done building.

A year from now the third pairing could very easily be either Jones-Lundkvist or Jones-Schneider. Maybe you see Jones with Trouba and Miller with Lundkvist/Schneider for balance.

Reactions: CLW and RGY

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Nomath has a handgrenade puck control syndrome at times. He sometimes gets beat to the outside as his back skating is too poor. Using him together with Trouba in tight situations to close outgames has been atrociously inept far. UseLindgren Foxinstead. . At times at 5v5 he looks OK. Which he neEd’s to be.

Reactions: RagFinMet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad