Confirmed with Link: Rangers Expected to Sign Patrick Nemeth: Brooks

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
At the same token, guys like Girardi left the Rangers and played reportedly better for the other team.

Part of that was due to Girardi playing sheltered minutes in Tampa. Nemeth was already sheltered in Colorado and their fans still hated his guts. So I don’t know.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Part of that was due to Girardi playing sheltered minutes in Tampa. Nemeth was already sheltered in Colorado and their fans still hated his guts. So I don’t know.

Take one player who seems to "play a steady game, doesn't make mistakes" but stats over a long period of time show that when he's on the ice his team gives up more goals than expected, consistently and all the time no matter his usage. The easy explanation is that while he doesn't make obvious mistakes, his ability to actually defend and to transition the puck is very lacking and he is actually putting his team at a disadvantage because he has a negative impact on goals against.
Another player who "makes mistakes sometimes" but who consistently shows to be a positive for his team when on the ice defensively (fewer expected goals against), and the easy explanation is that he is good at defending and transitioning the puck but occasionally makes noticeable and obvious mistakes that leads to chances or goals against. However, over a long observation time, those occasional mistakes result in fewer goals against than the first players consistent but poor defensive game.

Basically, a player like Nemeth probably makes mistakes sometimes that look bad, but his overall impact is good because the mistakes don't happen all the time and he otherwise is quite good at defending as born out by years of stats that show a positive effect on goals against.

The players who don't make mistakes and also consistently grade out well defensively are players who are generally top four guys (or undervalued) not bottom pair defensive guys

Nemeth will make mistakes, but his overall impact defensively will be a plus compared to a player who looks like they don't make mistakes but are actually bad at defending and give up more goals when they're on the ice

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
When assessing a potential Patric Nemeth signing, this is all you need to
cropped_girardi.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
You’re the one saying that he was signed because of Tom Wilson lol.

The main boards isn’t exactly a beacon of impartial insight and intelligent conversation. Doesn’t surprise me that you value their opinion.

You thinking you know more about players from other teams and the fans that watch them every night says enough about your opinion. Its like a Vegas fan arguing about Brett Howden being good with Rangers fans except its 3 different franchises lol. Oh and by your logic if you don't agree you are an idiot. Thanks for the amusement.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
3 x 2.5m AAV per Brooks last tweet

Was there really such a big bidding war that Drury had to go 3 years? And at 2.5? Really? For Nemeth? I feel like this is a case of Drury outbidding himself. It's not egregious but all these little overbids will add up. A little too much for Nemeth. A little too much Goodrow. Not getting enough value out of the Buch deal. He needs to outright win his next trade. At some point he has to get MORE value on something to even this out. I don't think we can build a team of 22 into a contender if we're not getting fair value or better, everywhere. We are the NYR, we should be a destination. Not a place that has to overpay for everything.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Landeskog and Zibanejad are also friends

I hope Mika is putting in a good word. this would be a good signing. too much finesse and not enough board go to the net style of play. need a balance to make this team batter. Golden Knights had a mix of both, Bruins also have a mix, Lightning had a mix which made them better

give me Nemeth, Landeskog, and Ritchie.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
No. I want Robertson up here sooner than later.

No need to rush kids. If he earns some time good but LD is set now w Lindgren , Miller , Nemeth plus Bitetto can spare and Jones is also gonna get looks

i expect Hajek gone but he may spare too

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
No need to rush kids. If he earns some time good but LD is set now w Lindgren , Miller , Nemeth plus Bitetto can spare and Jones is also gonna get looks

i expect Hajek gone but he may spare too

I forgot about Bitetto.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Nemeth is basically Jack Johnson 2.0. Really bad at playing defense. Charmin soft. Turnover machine in his own end. Doesn't do anything well. Typical NYR signing.
Typical Drury* signing. Worst GM in the league. And I was on board with him replacing Gorton lmao that’s a big, fat L that I’m taking.

Reactions: Hockeyplayer99

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Typical Drury* signing. Worst GM in the league. And I was on board with him replacing Gorton lmao that’s a big, fat L that I’m taking.
Drury is a terrible GM. Has done nothing good so far. We are worse now then we were a week ago. Instead of making playofgs, we will fall in standings.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
It makes me wary that two separate fanbases can’t stand the guy. I’m also concerned about the term. Once you get beyond 2 years for bottom pairing guys I start to get concerned about a John Moore like contract.

Reactions: Captain Monglobster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->