Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Ducks: Good morning New York!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Definitely agree. The second line was the Rangers' weakest all game with only Kreider playing ok. MSL was as bad as I've seen him. That being said, Fast and Hagelin were awesome and the fourth line was scary good.

Yeah to be honest I won't mind if they let MSL walk after this season. I think he can continue to be productive on the scoreboard but his game is very weak in the defensive zone and he's a possession black hole at this point. Coupled with probably wanting at least another $5 mill...they can give that to Stepan instead and have a better chance of retaining Hagelin and Zucc. I'm not gonna say you can just replace MSL right away but working in Duclair of Buchnevic or another prospect instead is something that's going to have to happen at some point anyways

I couldn't see how Bryz looked at the game on the goal (far side) but the replays indicated it was not a good goal to give up.

Fun game to go to although the Ducks seemed a step behind in almost every aspect. I would have certainly liked the Ducks to have played closer to their best to see how the Rangers did but 2 road points is 2 road points. Now onto LA for payback.

I mean, Brassard is a threat to score with an unscreened slapshot. He has a very good shot so it's not crazy that he beat Bryz with it, so I wouldn't call it totally soft. Possible to save yes but doesn't mean it wasn't a good shot.

As for the Ducks playing their best...I don't know, I don't watch them at all but I saw the Rangers pressuring the Ducks into a lot of turnovers, several of which turned into goals. That's just good hockey by the Rangers. Ducks had periods of good play and their top line is great but the rest of the lineup seemed a bit weak

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Definitely agree. The second line was the Rangers' weakest all game with only Kreider playing ok. MSL was as bad as I've seen him. That being said, Fast and Hagelin were awesome and the fourth line was scary good.

Stepan's line was out there against Getzlaf's and Kesler's lines a lot. That's going to take a toll. They didn't respond as well as Brassards line, obviously.

Anaheim's bottom two lines are weak, which allowed bottom two lines to dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad