Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Ducks: Good morning New York!

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

He could have intercepted it, turned around, and literally fired a slapper at Hank. Richards did that once.

I dont remember it being a slapper, but Hank made a great save lol. Was from aboiy 10 ft haha

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Just got back from the game. Don't have much analysis to give since I was so close to the ice and didn't have a great view of the whole rink (first world problems).

Just wanted to say the Rangers contingent at the Honda Center was awesome. Lot's of LGR chants throughout the night. The chants at the end of the game were worth the price of admission by themselves.

Marcus AKA Kluivert

Dec 19, 2014
If I recall correctly fans on this board have often been annoyed with how we make "back-up goalies look like Patrick Roy" and yet now when we beat them its still raised a few complains beacuse they are "back-ups". Talk about a glas half-empty approach.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
What a great game. The Ducks are a solid team. They are fast and can skate and they hit. They bring the noise!

Hoping Cambot get's solid protection against the Kings. Good test for us coming up! LGR!

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Anyone else get the 11-12 vibe? Except now I'm not at a loss at how the team is winning like I was then.

As much as I loved that team and loved the gritty style - Cally, Prust, Dubi, Boyle, etc. - I don't think my excitement for that team remotely compares to how excited I am now for this group.

Maybe a large part of that is making the finals last year. But this run that we're on...nothing in recent memory has compared to it.

member 116805

I think the way Zucc instantly skated into position to potentially intercept the pass had an equal part in making that happen

****** shot, 50/50 Nashty and luck getting into position before having the puck land on his stick. Guy has like no takeaways everrr

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Winning Face-offs is this teams only weakness.

We finally a high scoring team with a good power play and our defense and goaltending is as good as ever.

They also finally can score empty net goals. :yo:

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
**** them, we've won 11/12 and are still not a top 3 seed in our division

Games in hand. With the way the Rangers and Caps are pushing it I can easily see both Pens and Isles losing a home field advantage these two were virtually guaranteed about a month ago. Would be sweet.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
staal was tremendous tonight. him and henke were the 2 clear stars imo. the 3rd star was tough because i thought 6-7 players had a good case to get it. went with nash.

Staalsy from tonight is a guy you pay 6 mill per. Freaking beast. So were McD and Girardi.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Winning Face-offs is this teams only weakness.

We finally a high scoring team with a good power play and our defense and goaltending is as good as ever.

They also finally can score empty net goals. :yo:

Makes you think how much better would be if we improved on face offs. Not to the point we are better than other teams. To the point where it's 50-50 and not 62-38 advantage to the opposition.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Missed the game completely. Score looks impressive, as do the highlights I just caught on Sportcenter.

Awesome to hear that Staal played well, too.

Do it again tonight.

BlueShirtGal

It's Hurricane season!
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
I woke up a bit and saw part of the 3rd period. Fell asleep after it went 2-1. However, I'm recording the replay on NHLN. It was nice to hear some "Let's Go Rangers" chants in the crowd. Hope they keep it up! They are on fire right now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad