Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Ducks: Good morning New York!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
MSL's line with Stepan and Kreider concerns me since they often get pinned in their own end but I guess now isn't hte time to shake up lines

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Does anyone know what our possession stats have been with this lineup vs when Glass has played? Not pinning a difference on one person, but I'm curious to see if/how they differ

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Does anyone know what our possession stats have been with this lineup vs when Glass has played? Not pinning a difference on one person, but I'm curious to see if/how they differ

It's ok if you do. No one will argue with you.

Dorado*

Playoff style hockey !!! Loved it . Millers /MOORE / Stemp were tough for Ducks bottom 6 to handle .

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
woke up to some lovely goal scoring updates:laugh:

Feeling pretty good about this team. How could you not with 11 of 12.........top 2 lines are scoring, bottom 6 are contributing. Can't really call one line a #1 it is more like 1A/1B then 3A/3B for the bottom guys. Keep sitting Glass, he's fine if he's a spare.

How did Moore do on D?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
turned it off after the 1st period.

Very happy to see the result this morning.

BIG win last night, another solid test tonight.

Kings have been off since the 3rd, we're playing 2nd game of a back to back.

Don't know if the 2nd and 3rd periods folowed the 1st, but the game did not seem all that physically grueling. That may play in our favor.

We should be sharper than the Kings, but they will be the more rested team. I would expect the Kings to try to be real heavy in the 1st period tonight, try to get teh Rangers tired early.

Another big test tonight.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
woke up to some lovely goal scoring updates:laugh:

Feeling pretty good about this team. How could you not with 11 of 12.........top 2 lines are scoring, bottom 6 are contributing. Can't really call one line a #1 it is more like 1A/1B then 3A/3B for the bottom guys. Keep sitting Glass, he's fine if he's a spare.

How did Moore do on D?

Played good.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
"The Rangers’ all-time wins and shutouts leader has posted a 10-1-0 record, along with a 1.62 GAA, a .936 SV%, and 1 SO in his last 11 appearances. Lundqvist has also posted an 18-6-3 record, along with a 2.01 GAA, a .926 SV%, and 5 SO in his last 27 appearances. He has allowed two goals or fewer in nine of his last 10 appearances and in 17 of his last 27 appearances."

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
"The Rangers’ all-time wins and shutouts leader has posted a 10-1-0 record, along with a 1.62 GAA, a .936 SV%, and 1 SO in his last 11 appearances. Lundqvist has also posted an 18-6-3 record, along with a 2.01 GAA, a .926 SV%, and 5 SO in his last 27 appearances. He has allowed two goals or fewer in nine of his last 10 appearances and in 17 of his last 27 appearances."

And his season stats are still pretty mediocre. Shows how ****** the start to our season was

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
staal was tremendous tonight. him and henke were the 2 clear stars imo. the 3rd star was tough because i thought 6-7 players had a good case to get it. went with nash.

The Staal-Boyle pairing played REALLY well. Boyle was incredibly mobile, and I haven't seen him play with such agility as he had in this game. So refreshing

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR have games in hand on almost every team.
If NYR had wins for every game-in-hand compared to each other team, the only team with more points would be Nashville!

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
I don't know about you guys, but Jesper Fast had a VERY strong game, very happy to see him coming out skating the way he did and playing hard the way he can.

We love you too Hank.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Just an FYI, you can post Tweets using the
This tweet's ID is 553075199374270464.

The reason I post it the other way is because I use the twitter mac os app, and you can't get the timestamp info from there, or on the mobile version. Looks nice, just not quick to do unless you're logged into twitter via the web.

Ranger Wolf

Red Dwarf XI & XII
Feb 12, 2003
Temecula, CA
Visit site
Just got back from the game. Don't have much analysis to give since I was so close to the ice and didn't have a great view of the whole rink (first world problems).

Just wanted to say the Rangers contingent at the Honda Center was awesome. Lot's of LGR chants throughout the night. The chants at the end of the game were worth the price of admission by themselves.

This was definitely an enjoyable game to be at, especially towards the end of the game. Totally makes up for last season's debacle against the Ducks that I also went to. Was in section 405 so I got a great view of the ice and had a nice view of the Ducks net in periods 1 & 3.

Strong first period by our guys but most of the shots that made the net weren't tough. Their best chances didn't seem to find the net. My brother (Ducks fan) remarked that the Ducks never break up or block so many shots/passes. Second period was more even but still the Rangers controlled the play. I couldn't see how Bryz looked at the game on the goal (far side) but the replays indicated it was not a good goal to give up. The early third period Nash goal on the Klein intercept was sweet. Another goal by Nash where the goalie knocks it in off his arm? The PP goal the Rangers gave up was just a matter of time. Too much consecutive time on the PK compounded by the Stepan miscue. That just was a perfectly placed deflected shot that finally got the Ducks crowd in the game until Zucc. The Zucc goal was pure awesome. The Ranger contingency really got excited with that one and started drowning out the Ducks fans (granted half of them seemed to be heading for the exits by then).

Fun game to go to although the Ducks seemed a step behind in almost every aspect. I would have certainly liked the Ducks to have played closer to their best to see how the Rangers did but 2 road points is 2 road points. Now onto LA for payback.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
MSL's line with Stepan and Kreider concerns me since they often get pinned in their own end but I guess now isn't hte time to shake up lines

Agreed. They seemed very out of sync last night in particular. I think they'll rebound, but I thought MSL had a pretty lousy game overall. Step wasn't quite as bad, but not a great showing from him either.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Great game by staal again. I know he takes a lot of flack sometimes but he's the kind of guy we would sorely miss especially on the road when we can't get our top d-unit to match up against the top line of the opposition. Staal can handle the task. Without him we are not a top contender deep into the playoffs IMO

Ranger Wolf

Red Dwarf XI & XII
Feb 12, 2003
Temecula, CA
Visit site
Agreed. They seemed very out of sync last night in particular. I think they'll rebound, but I thought MSL had a pretty lousy game overall. Step wasn't quite as bad, but not a great showing from him either.

Definitely agree. The second line was the Rangers' weakest all game with only Kreider playing ok. MSL was as bad as I've seen him. That being said, Fast and Hagelin were awesome and the fourth line was scary good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad