Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils: Two More to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Imagining Larry David as our coach ...

Talking to the ref after a disallowed goal ...
LD: “I, uh, I know what you did there”
Ref: “What are you talking about?”
LD: “The offside ... it was ... it was close”
Ref: “Yeah, and your guy was offside.”
LD: “See, I’m ... I’m not so sure.”
Ref: “He crossed the line before the puck.”
LD: “But he had possession.”
Ref: “No he didn’t. He didn’t have control.”
LD: “So whats the cutoff?”
Ref: “What?”
LD: “For possession. What’s the cutoff?”
Ref: “You know it when you see it.”
LD: “So there’s no cutoff? You can’t tell me that, oh, such and such happened, so he didn’t have possession.”
Ref: “I guess not ...”
LD: “So how can you say he’s offside? He can’t be offside if there’s no cutoff!”
Ref: “Do you want me to review the play?”
LD: “I don’t know. Sounds like you’re biased. I think you just want to review it to give my team 2 minutes for delay of game.”
Ref: “Yes or no?”
LD: “I, uh, I got my eye on you ...”
Ref: “Review or no review?”
LD: “Its ok. I know how these things go. Next time I’ll come prepared ... I’ll go to the ATM before the game. I see how it is.”
Ref: “Excuse me?”
LD: “I saw you. With the other coach. You two were pretty huddled up. Talking quietly in the hallway before the game. And I can’t help but wonder ... what could be so private? But now I know. I see how it is.”
Ref: “You’re done. I’m ejecting you from the game.”
LD: “I’m not so sure. You took a bribe ... I’m not so sure you’re in a position to tell me what to do ... In fact, I think you might owe me a goal. Without a review.”
Ref: “I miss Torts.”

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Names is a waste. Guy does nothing
Chytl is youngvthank God but he does nothing for me yet.

At least the islanders won

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

LD: “So there’s no cutoff? You can’t tell me that, oh, such and such happened, so he didn’t have possession.”
LD: “So how can you say he’s offside? He can’t be offside if there’s no cutoff!”
LD: “I don’t know. Sounds like you’re biased. I think you just want to review it to give my team 2 minutes for delay of game.”
LD: “Its ok. I know how these things go. Next time I’ll come prepared ... I’ll go to the ATM before the game. I see how it is.”
LD: “I saw you. With the other coach. You two were pretty huddled up. Talking quietly in the hallway before the game. And I can’t help but wonder ... what could be so private? But now I know. I see how it is.”
LD: “I’m not so sure. You took a bribe ... I’m not so sure you’re in a position to tell me what to do ... In fact, I think you might owe me a goal. Without a review.”

You got a like from me for the effort alone :laugh:

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

We all do, Ref.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well not much to cheer for this game, but it`s a new practice tomorrow AV said just minutes ago. I admit that I`m a bit sad that Lias skating skills prevent him to move up to a better skilled line than our 4th. It`s hard to create anything for Lias on the same line with Holland - a couple of injuries and we really struggle with depth.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well not much to cheer for this game, but it`s a new practice tomorrow AV said just minutes ago. I admit that I`m a bit sad that Lias skating skills prevent him to move up to a better skilled line than our 4th. It`s hard to create anything for Lias on the same line with Holland - a couple of injuries and we really struggle with depth.
Plenty of cheap forward depth was available this summer and Gorton sat on his hands.

Reactions: Ori

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I still can’t get past Desharnais not being at the arena. Why would their only healthy scratch not be in the building? Did they not consider guys get hurt during warmups? Lol

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Flying Puck

Oct 16, 2017
Girardi, Mac, Miller, Stepan and Nash are laughing at this debacle right now. Jeff Gorton should be gone for this mess he has created!

Reactions: yrrebbor

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Girardi, Mac, Miller, Stepan and Nash are laughing at this debacle right now. Jeff Gorton should be gone for this mess he has created!
Aside from Miller who is feasting on the production of one of the best players in the whole league every guy you mentioned has done very little since the TDL and none of them accomplished much all season.

Losing Girardi, Stepan and Nash were all net positive moves. Doesn't make sense to include them in this point you're making

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad