Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils: PRESIDENTS' TROPHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Man that Nash one timer that hit the post...

He should do that more often (except the puck should go in instead)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There were two guys in the Devils lineup last night that possibly would drop the gloves with Glass--Mark Fraser and Jordin Tootoo and Fraser wasn't playing like an *******--he played how he normally plays. Tootoo got pissed at Hunwick--the refs got on LL's case and he calmed him down. It's not worth Glass running around taking penalties trying to goad somebody to fight him--we were (unlike the Devils at least until the last period) trying to actually win the game. Merrill, Larsson and Gelinas weren't going to fight Glass. They're big guys--they're not tough guys. You would have pretty much had the same reaction from any of them as you did from Hunwick avoiding Tootoo if Glass had tried to push it and likely we would have been stuck killing more penalties.

Tough guys usually just fight other tough guys--once in a while **** happens where if a tougher guy is especially riled they go after someone not so tough and lay a beating on them if somebody doesn't run interference for the victim. Not so tough guys sometimes fight other not so tough guys. That's generally how it goes. There really aren't very many mismatches when it comes to NHL fights. Now in the AHL however....it happens more often.

FWIW Glass has played a lot better this past month than he has all season. That doesn't mean I personally would rather have him in the lineup than Sheppard. Maybe the Rangers acquiring Sheppard lit a bit of a fire under Glass's ass. Even so AV does use Glass on the PK--and he's generally okay at that--and Glass does land some pretty good hits now and again.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Man that Nash one timer that hit the post...

He should do that more often (except the puck should go in instead)

If that had gone in maybe people would stop complaining that he has a noodle shot. He ripped that one.

His slapshot is so underused it's ridiculous. Probably one of the best on the team.

But then they'd complain that he isn't driving the net anymore.

I agree!

If Rick Nash scored when the going gets tough and we need a player of his skill to get that final tally, I would totally get off his back for not scoring when the going gets tough and we need a player of his skill to get that final tally.

Some people are hard to please when what they fear is actually happening.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Grabbed a copy of the Post. Skipped the News because instead of the Rangers they had Tanaka on the cover. Like that was Monday already, there's 161 games left, get over it. :shakehead

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Was at the game last night, a lot of fun obviously. I was in the corner the Rangers shoot twice in the lower bowl and was surrounded by Ranger fans. I will say though that there were more Devil fans than I thought there would be. 50/50 split of fans seems like a pretty fair assessment of the crowd.

Been fun torturing the Devils since 2012. In 2013 we knocked them out of playoff contention and then embarrassed them in the final home game, in 2014 we chased Marty and embarrassed them on national TV and also put a huge dent in their playoff chances with Hank's record setting shutout, and this year we win the Presidents Trophy on their ice. Gets better and better every year :)

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
You'd see a lot more of them if the Devils were a good team. They like to hide when they are losing. Not a peep from any of the Devils fan friends that I have.

oh ive been going back and forth with a few select ones soooo hard today... it sucks, they cannot get over how bad they are

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Was at the game last night, a lot of fun obviously. I was in the corner the Rangers shoot twice in the lower bowl and was surrounded by Ranger fans. I will say though that there were more Devil fans than I thought there would be. 50/50 split of fans seems like a pretty fair assessment of the crowd.

Been fun torturing the Devils since 2012. In 2013 we knocked them out of playoff contention and then embarrassed them in the final home game, in 2014 we chased Marty and embarrassed them on national TV and also put a huge dent in their playoff chances with Hank's record setting shutout, and this year we win the Presidents Trophy on their ice. Gets better and better every year :)

image.jpg

:laugh:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
and 30 wins for Lundqvist.

I'd hope the team still plays hard for him and because honestly you're probably more likely to get injured playing lazy and soft because there's nothing to play for

That's my one worry because what you said is 100% correct.

This is something that AV needs to address. Go ahead and play soft, you don't think for one NY MINUTE that Ottawa won't try and crush us to get the puck? They NEED this win, we only NEED this win for Hank and our "home ice through the mother **** ing playoffs pride".

This AV team is too smart for that. No let up, for fear of regaining our "special winning touch". Okay, I'm overstating the obvious a bit. Sorry.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm still proud of the 5 wins over the Penguins that didn't let us draft Malkin. 5 random wins, and we got Montoya!

But had we gotten Malkin then we wouldn't have gotten......Stepan? I dunno, started off as a joke, but now that I think about it......HELP ME PLEASE! I have Presidents trophy disease.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If we are going to win the cup, we will have to win on the road. However, this guarantees every game 7 in our building. In game 7, having the last change and being the 2nd player to put your stick down in the faceoff circle is huge. Also having the seventh player in the stands is huge. Congrats and go get the cup

Its never going to be "easy", but if there ever was a possible Stanley Cup run that "may be" somewhat easy......it could be this year.

The way this team plays on the road, we could easily be up 3 games to 1 in EVERY series. Whether we split at home, then sweep the next 2.........then end it in a glorious 5 games. Rest......., then on to the next overmatched opponent.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
And I've been to four of them. And zero wins. Guess I shouldn't brag about that.

That sucks dude, sorry. You must have left each game so pissed and almost wishing you saved your money. But, it was for a good cause, at least you can say you went to games during our cup run.

but yeah, don't tell anyone else.....maybe this post was overlooked by everyone. But me. :naughty:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think the Rangers let down a bit after clinching a playoff spot and we got the Boston and Washington games that were pretty blah, and we might get that in the last two gmes this season...not outright phoning it in but just not a sense of urgency that you sometimes need

Jan 8, 2012
NY
How many of those 11 regulation losses were on the road? Because I was at two of them. Nashville and Philly. Rongos gonna Rongo.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Sorry. I'll change my username to "Rangers Are The Best" in order to make everyone happy.

Certainly would be more appropriate when we just won the Presidents Trophy. You and Fire Sather are behind the times.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Certainly would be more appropriate when we just won the Presidents Trophy. You and Fire Sather are behind the times.

If a certain thing happens in June, I already have a username thought out. It's so awesome. I promise.

I asked Fire Sather if he would ever change his name and he said he wouldn't even though he thinks Sather has done a really good job recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA