Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils: PRESIDENTS' TROPHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
I was impressed by the refs yesterday and how they didn't allow the Devils to hurt us in their meaningless game. NJ was trying to f... us up for the playoffs instead of just trying to win as a normal team and get some respect.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Well, in 2011-12 we had a 7-point lead in the conference. Apart from playing for the PT, we had nothing to play for.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was impressed by the refs yesterday and how they didn't allow the Devils to hurt us in their meaningless game. NJ was trying to f... us up for the playoffs instead of just trying to win as a normal team and get some respect.

Well, I was disappointed. That sequence with Tootoo cross-checking everyone (5 in 1 shift) we should have gotten a 5-on-3 but Tootoo only got a warning. Why don't refs ever give multiple penalties at once, when it's so obvious?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well, I was disappointed. That sequence with Tootoo cross-checking everyone (5 in 1 shift) we should have gotten a 5-on-3 but Tootoo only got a warning. Why don't refs ever give multiple penalties at once, when it's so obvious?

Agreed

Also, you get the sense that Lou laid into them pretty hard in the 2nd intermission. It was a different team in the 3rd.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013

Given the history with Rangers and the refs, this was a big improvement in any case. I mean of the refs even went to talk to NJ banch to tell them to calm down. For me to go into the playoffs healthy is more important than getting the presidets trophy.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'd like to thank the schedule makers (remember ALL those days off?) allowing me to build my outdoor Rangers man cave.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Well, in 2011-12 we had a 7-point lead in the conference. Apart from playing for the PT, we had nothing to play for.

Sarcasm....I guess they felt they had no chance to play for cup, therfore why?
Reality.......I think they were nearly spent for that style of play throughout season. Overacheivers?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Underrated aspect of tonight's game - Nash with the blow by / power move.

Even though he got stoned, that looked a lot more like good Nash.

Really encouraging.

LITERALLY THIS.... He slammed into high gear and just raced to the net... that moment was legitimate, I think he got over his fear that second

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Thanks to all the Rangers fans in attendance for booing the Devils on their home ice. That was a nice touch.

varanger94

Jan 11, 2011
08-bplcf.jpg

back page, boys :yo:

I get both the Post and the News delivered. Absolutely no respect from the Daily News. Canceling my subscription. Bill Price is the Sports Editor. They actually jammed the Rangers and the Islanders on the same page in the Sunday edition 2 weeks ago and edited the Ranger article mid sentence to squeeze it in. There was a big two page article on some Women's High school Basketball team.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Devils fans are SO salty on facebook. Made a comment that this particular 14-15 devils team is a bunch of classless goons and all I'm hearing is that a) I'm classless for mentioning this, b) Rangers will be eliminated soon enough, c) "Rags only have 1 cup every 23 years"....

Ignoring the fact that we've had one of the most successful "teams" especially since the lockout, also ignoring the fact that the Devils have made the playoffs only 1 season out of the last 5, and have only made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs 3 times in the last 11 seasons (including their magical Cinderella run)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Well, I still want them to win at least 1, to have the highest point total in franchise history

and 30 wins for Lundqvist.

I'd hope the team still plays hard for him and because honestly you're probably more likely to get injured playing lazy and soft because there's nothing to play for

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Devils fans are SO salty on facebook. Made a comment that this particular 14-15 devils team is a bunch of classless goons and all I'm hearing is that a) I'm classless for mentioning this, b) Rangers will be eliminated soon enough, c) "Rags only have 1 cup every 23 years"....

Ignoring the fact that we've had one of the most successful "teams" especially since the lockout, also ignoring the fact that the Devils have made the playoffs only 1 season out of the last 5, and have only made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs 3 times in the last 11 seasons (including their magical Cinderella run)

Why were they mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad