Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils: PRESIDENTS' TROPHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I've been fine with Sather for awhile, just don't want to change my name.

There's really no way to say the team hasn't been well run for a good time now.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Rangers have been contenders for a long while now. The big question is if we can take that next step and get that championship. But in a cap driven world, its been really impressive we haven't needed to go to full rebuild mode for a while. It's situations like the Hayes signing that allows that. I am very happy with our franchise's direction, I just hope we can put it all together.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Was at the game last night, a lot of fun obviously. I was in the corner the Rangers shoot twice in the lower bowl and was surrounded by Ranger fans. I will say though that there were more Devil fans than I thought there would be. 50/50 split of fans seems like a pretty fair assessment of the crowd.

Been fun torturing the Devils since 2012. In 2013 we knocked them out of playoff contention and then embarrassed them in the final home game, in 2014 we chased Marty and embarrassed them on national TV and also put a huge dent in their playoff chances with Hank's record setting shutout, and this year we win the Presidents Trophy on their ice. Gets better and better every year :)

This post is like Mom's home cooking. Love it. The Devils are not only our *****es recently, but are going to be worse next year and for the next several years. They have a few dark years they're gonna have to deal with.

Meanwhile our window is open for the next 2 years at least. Let's get at least one.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
image.jpg

:laugh:

And that picture is amazing.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
honestly the only post lockout moves that Sather has done that i couldnt stand were the MDZ for Klein trade...which i was totally wrong about.

Signing Drury and Gomez...which I was totally right about.

Drafting MDZ instead of Carlson...which I was right about.

thats really it...i agreed with a lot of his moves...so it would be really hypocritical of me to want him gone.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
honestly the only post lockout moves that Sather has done that i couldnt stand were the MDZ for Klein trade...which i was totally wrong about.

thats really it...i agreed with a lot of his moves...so it would be really hypocritical of me to want him gone.

I really wanted John Carlson badly in the 2008 draft. But, I was content when I thought MDZ would be a star for us.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I was in love with Sanguinetti, so I'm banned from complaining about that one. :laugh:

Marcus AKA Kluivert

Dec 19, 2014
I didn´t like the Stempniak trade. A 4th liner who can bag 12-13 goals a year is something you should hold on to IMO.

But in the grand scheme of things, no not much to complain about regarding Sathers way of handling this franchise.

Cobra Jack*

Was at the game last night, a lot of fun obviously. I was in the corner the Rangers shoot twice in the lower bowl and was surrounded by Ranger fans. I will say though that there were more Devil fans than I thought there would be. 50/50 split of fans seems like a pretty fair assessment of the crowd.

Been fun torturing the Devils since 2012. In 2013 we knocked them out of playoff contention and then embarrassed them in the final home game, in 2014 we chased Marty and embarrassed them on national TV and also put a huge dent in their playoff chances with Hank's record setting shutout, and this year we win the Presidents Trophy on their ice. Gets better and better every year :)

Don't forget the Stadium Series humiliation last season. Fatso Brodeur whining about the "choppy ice" lol. :laugh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Don't forget the Stadium Series humiliation last season. Fatso Brodeur whining about the "choppy ice" lol. :laugh:

You mean the game where they were the home team which was played in New York? Haha. That game was amazing by the way. Zucc had a monster game that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA