GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSG/MSGSN/NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don’t know if it is a coincidence but Hischier’s line did not get one defensive zone draw tonight. Is that an attempt to shelter Holtz? If so that could be a problem. You can’t shelter Hischier. He’s your matchup center. That may be Holtz’s undoing but we will see.
Once he ended up with Meier instead of like Tatar and Sharangovich, i think offense became an expectation. Palat/Haula/Mercer is gonna be an excellent matchup like and Hischier’s line will dominate whoever they go up against.

And you KNOW Ruff is gonna bump Mercer up to Hischier’s line and limit Holtz’s minutes when the Devils are trying to hold a lead. In that case i don’t even think i’d mind. That’s a hell of an ace up the sleeve.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I don’t know if it is a coincidence but Hischier’s line did not get one defensive zone draw tonight. Is that an attempt to shelter Holtz? If so that could be a problem. You can’t shelter Hischier. He’s your matchup center. That may be Holtz’s undoing but we will see.
i think they may switch up the line anyway but I don't think they were sheltering that line -- it was going up against Zibanejad/Fox most of the time. I don't think they gave up a shot against and never iced the puck when that line was out on the ice so that factors into the lack of d-zone draws

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
this is probably a little bit spicy but i think Bahl is already better than Graves
spicy-shaquille-o-neal.gif

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I don't know that adding a depth Dman can ever really be a mistake? I mean he was never going to be more than a 6th in the best case scenario.

Yeah, but I'm not sure he was meant to be a depth D. He was supposed to be a placeholder at 3RD until Nemec was ready. At least in the preseason he hasn't looked good.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
So what did I miss tonight? I was at a Roger McGuinn show. Got a text that douchebag Trouba was back to his antics, Then put my phone away. So?

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Well I really had no idea with what to expect from him. But there isn't a single thing that he's done that hasn't been good

Coming into this off season I questioned letting Severson and Graves go at the same time... it was tempered by knowing Luke and Nemec were here but it still seemed awfully risky .. but it kind of highlights the foresight of adding Marino when he did.

But there really isn't a single thing he's done or not done that I can complain about and were coming into his 4th year. It's been all aces

aces high.

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So what did I miss tonight? I was at a Roger McGuinn show. Got a text that douchebag Trouba was back to his antics, Then put my phone away. So?
I don't know I missed it too...but from reading along

Bahl was great.

Holtz had mixed reviews

Luke had some positives and some negatives

Bratt is ready for a big year

That's what I gathered from reading :)

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I think start Luke on pp1

He moves the puck better and skates better than Dougie.

You kind of getting that flowy drain motion on the power play as opposed to letting the rip from the point

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't know I missed it too...but from reading along

Bahl was great.

Holtz had mixed reviews

Luke had some positives and some negatives

Bratt is ready for a big year

That's what I gathered from reading :)

Add on that the power play looks a lot better so far. Especially the "1B" group featuring Bratt and both Hughes Brothers.

Camille the Eel

Add on that the power play looks a lot better so far. Especially the "1B" group featuring Bratt and both Hughes Brothers.
Jack Hughes laser shot for the last power play goal was something new. As much as he improved his shot last year, it looks that much better again coming into this season. We saw another bullet of a one timer last game against the Isles. If he’s going to wire shots like that now off of feeds, 50 goals is definitely within range this season.

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Jack Hughes laser shot for the last power play goal was something new. As much as he improved his shot last year, it looks that much better again coming into this season. We saw another bullet of a one timer last game against the Isles. If he’s going to wire shots like that now off of feeds, 50 goals is definitely within range this season.
His brothers shot has been impressing me since Michigan. He has a rifle.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
this is probably a little bit spicy but i think Bahl is already better than Graves
I'm so upset we didn't get him under a long-term contract. Even like a 4-year contract that walked him right to UFA would be acceptable. He's very possibly going to be out of our price range in two years, with new contracts needed for so many players.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Just went to check out the rangers game thread to see what they thought.

Holy hell, it’s quite literally just 37 pages of them all having a continuous meltdown and complaining about their team.

For anyone who’s into that kind of entertainment.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Other than his penalty, Smith did a decent job.

No real issues with how anyone played although Luke is still making some not great mistakes. Hopefully that improves pretty quick.

Can tell that Holtz is working really hard off the puck and stuff which is great and he’s making some smart plays but I’m having somewhat of a hard time seeing that much upside watching him. Doesn’t look out of place though and he’ll have lots of time to show himself.

Reactions: HBK27

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Other than his penalty, Smith did a decent job.

No real issues with how anyone played although Luke is still making some not great mistakes. Hopefully that improves pretty quick.

Can tell that Holtz is working really hard off the puck and stuff which is great and he’s making some smart plays but I’m having somewhat of a hard time seeing that much upside watching him. Doesn’t look out of place though and he’ll have lots of time to show himself.
holtz's upside is his shot. if he learns to find space to get it of, he is a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad