GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSG/MSGSN/NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
IMG_1794.jpeg

Not too impressed with the lackadaisical and passive play of the NJD tonight, but credit must be given to the Rags, who are the class of the East with Shesty. Heetal was also out and is an extremely important piece for the Rags.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
well if you are playing on one of those PP units and spending the season with Meier and Nico. it is possible.

Sorry but I don't see it. This kind of post reminds me of when that one guy was saying Jack would get 100 points in his rookie season.

Again, he'd really need to improve and magically find the offense without losing the defense. Tonight, he was fine, but also had like 0 offensive impact. The game where he did better offensively, he was bad defensively. I doubt Ruff will give him a long leash for the bad defensive plays.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I’m liking that other Hughes. He fumbled the puck once or twice. But his offense will only get better and that will be something to see. 5 on 5, it didn’t seem like they really gave a good effort other than the first period. But it’s preseason and as everyone says it’s no biggie, except when we beat the rags.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Holtz was definitely decent. Whether he’s ready for the second line is another question. But he seems like he’s busting his butt out there.

Kind of feels like there’s been so much emphasis on him improving his defense that it’s taken away from what makes him special. He’s certainly skating better and more active but even with 2 goals the offensive generation has been really minimal even playing with 2 elite guys.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think I'd go Mercer with Meier and Nico next game. Can't say Holtz has been particularly impressive the last two games with that line.
He's been terrible. Lost every loose puck, did nothing on the forecheck, and gave the puck away all over the ice. He made 2 good passes all night.

Reactions: My3Sons

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
It’s a pre-season game, but they weren’t good 5-on-5 after the first. Of course it was a pre-season game played at a pre-season pace, so I’m not that worried.

PP looks good except that last one. Which helped make VV’s stars reflect his actual performance.

I think they realized they needed to tone it down after things got heated in the first. No need to go all out even though they’re your rivals. Felt much more like preseason after the first.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Holtz will have a short leash on that 2nd line. Didn't do enough offensively for me tonight, will need to be better to stick.

Is Tatar still available?

I really am not happy we let Tatar walk away and sign a 1 x 1.5 deal...

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Bahl is making me feel ok about Graves, for sure. Severson is going to put up some numbers for CBJ I think.

I love Bahl dialling up the physicality. Graves was a big guy but didn’t really throw much in the way of hits. Bahl is becoming a scary guy for opposing forwards to play against and I love having that presence on the backend.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Sorry but I don't see it. This kind of post reminds me of when that one guy was saying Jack would get 100 points in his rookie season.

Again, he'd really need to improve and magically find the offense without losing the defense. Tonight, he was fine, but also had like 0 offensive impact. The game where he did better offensively, he was bad defensively. I doubt Ruff will give him a long leash for the bad defensive plays.
Just an observation. I was also the same guy who was calling out Luke Hughes bonehead plays last year and the few he had today. I’m far from biased and more reasonable. I’ve been attacked numerous times on here for being negatively “honest”.
As for no offensive impact today, it didn’t really show a lot but he truly has 4-5 good plays that kept the possession of the puck. That doesn’t show up on the score sheet but can be more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad