GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSG/MSGSN/NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I think the team will work hard on the mental aspect of their game and making quick adjustments. A few guys admitted to being emotionally drained following the Rangers series and they weren’t mentally prepared against the Canes after the quick turnaround (Jack, Nico and Bratt did if I remember correctly). Hopefully they learn from that experience.

Yea I'm not too worried about it. That series didn't give me 2012 Kings vibes, where they were clearly just outmatched everywhere. Devils were definitely the better team but were just not playing their best imo, largely cuz of mental side like you said most likely.

I do hope they learned they can't win every playoff series like they did against the rags though where they either blew up the other team or got blown up themselves lol.

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I really don't get it. Giving 1 game to see if Smith can work better than Miller? I'd rather give more chances to Nemec to see if he can handle it. We know what Smith offers already.
I'm sure that's not permanent just like Lazar on the right wing on the fourth line isn't going to be how they're going to start the season.

I'm sure they just want to see how Luke performs with Smith vs with Miller. It's probably more about Luke than either Smith or Miller

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I really don't get it. Giving 1 game to see if Smith can work better than Miller? I'd rather give more chances to Nemec to see if he can handle it. We know what Smith offers already.

Just put all of them in for both games. Give Siegs-Dougie and Bahl-Marino one game each

Reactions: My3Sons

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
I’m not at all concerned with the Rangers. It’s Carolina we need to learn how to beat. They gave us a hell of a beat down in last year’s playoff. We need to rectify that, because they’ll be our biggest opponent during the season and if we meet them again in the playoffs.

Maybe little bit too early but I hope that we can win metro so maybe we will get the winner from rags-carolina serie so we dont have to play against both of them. But I also agree that Carolina is far better of those two.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I don’t know…I really didn’t like anything I saw from Miller. Smith stinks too, but at least he tries to play a simple and safe game. Miller plays a high risk game and stinks.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Miller's been a useful player for a while. He's been really bad but I'm not going to write him off because of a few bad first games with a new team.

Meh. I remember reading a lot of less than complementary things from Stars fans when the Devils acquired him. In a vacuum, Miller is probably the “better” player, but you don’t need your bottom pair guy actively playing a high risk game.

Reactions: devilsblood

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Meh. I remember reading a lot of less than complementary things from Stars fans when the Devils acquired him. In a vacuum, Miller is probably the “better” player, but you don’t need your bottom pair guy actively playing a high risk game.
While that’s true, I also remember Pens fans saying bad stuff about Marino. That’s just what fans do when players leave. I think we should give him a few weeks to get acclimated before reaching a verdict on him.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It’s good to get Luke reps with a variety of dmen. I’d expect the pairings to be shuffled around until we find what works best.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
While that’s true, I also remember Pens fans saying bad stuff about Marino. That’s just what fans do when players leave. I think we should give him a few weeks to get acclimated before reaching a verdict on him.

In fairness, it was mostly just that one poster that has dug himself so deep that he has no choice but to continue to stubbornly double down even to this day lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad