• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Off topic but if you go to the Nils forum on the Prospects page you’ll see the poster Pavel Buchnevich saying Fox isn’t that good at running a power play. How can someone possibly think that

It was an old take from earlier in the season when the PP was bad and most of his opinions come from HFNYR and he didn't update it.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Off topic but if you go to the Nils forum on the Prospects page you’ll see the poster Pavel Buchnevich saying Fox isn’t that good at running a power play. How can someone possibly think that
The only thing tat Adam Fox is not good on the PP, well not god like as per usual, is his point shot. Telling someone that a guy in Top 5 in PP points is not good is laughable.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Don’t know what the deal was Bitetto playing for Hajek but I’d cut Bitetto some slack. The guy hasn’t played for like two and a half months. People think that’s easy—it’s not. Anyway no need for scapegoating after a win and honestly many of those who’ve been playing every game didn’t exactly have their best game today either.

My three stars were Mika the game winning goal birthday boy. Alex who fought hard for this one and Vitali for his first NHL goal.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Kids going to be very good, just hate that he’s on the Devils. It’s like how I feel with Barzal, great player but hate the team he’s on, lol.
Yea I hate the devs as much as the next guys but Hughes is going to be an absolute game breaker when he gets his man strength. Those hands and vision with that speed. Yikes. Would love him on the rangers. Him and Holtz are going to be a problem in the future

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Don’t know what the deal was Bitetto playing for Hajek but I’d cut Bitetto some slack. The guy hasn’t played for like two and a half months. People think that’s easy—it’s not. Anyway no need for scapegoating after a win and honestly many of those who’ve been playing every game didn’t exactly have their best game today either.

My three stars were Mika the game winning goal birthday boy. Alex who fought hard for this one and Vitali for his first NHL goal.

It’s hard because I feel like you can get away with one of Hajek, Smith and Biteto, but having all three on your roster is kind of like Russian roulette, and having two in the lineup is really hoping to dodge a bullet.

With Jones, Robertson, Lundkvist and Schneider coming up fast, it’ll change sooner rather than later. But in the meantime, woof.

Reactions: jay from jersey

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I get playing the veterans in key situations, such as a major power play, but I've always felt that "sprinkling" the young players throughout the lineup is better than

Line 1- Vets
Line 2- Vets
Line 3- Kids

Like, balance is good. Kakko was great on the Panarin line. Laf should be playing with Zibanejad at even strength.
I don't really like Kakko with Panarin and Strome TBH. Yes, they worked at times but still, Kakko lives from the puck around corners. And in that line, it's Strome and Panarin who want to have the puck all the time. Blackwell is a good indication what that third piece on that line should be, except he needs to be much more skilled than Blackwell. TBH, I think Kreider should be on that line if he can play on the right side. Just skate, act as a wrecking ball, make room for Panarin and Strome to work their magic.

Then comes the first line. I think it would be best if Laf got up there. While the kids worked today, they could use more speed. Thus, put Kravtsov with Chytil and Kakko. They played one shift together in the first game against the Devils didn't they, and it looked pretty awesome.

Reactions: skipmowerman

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The only thing tat Adam Fox is not good on the PP, well not god like as per usual, is his point shot. Telling someone that a guy in Top 5 in PP points is not good is laughable.
This. I think if there were another D next to him that can rip it from the point he’d be that much more dangerous. Tony had a better shot and moved the puck faster( and as a result more carelessly). Fox more methodical and cerebral with no looks passes, his little shimmy, etc

Reactions: leetch99

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
There’s a reason that guy is a Ranger fan and never posts on our board lol

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It’s hard because I feel like you can get away with one of Hajek, Smith and Biteto, but having all three on your roster is kind of like Russian roulette, and having two in the lineup is really hoping to dodge a bullet.

With Jones, Robertson, Lundkvist and Schneider coming up fast, it’ll change sooner rather than later. But in the meantime, woof.
Very much agree. But I do think Hajek has come a long way. I think he would be better with a steady partner. I also think he would take more chances offensively.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Was it the kid line on the ice with Bitteto and Smith on their last goal?

I know Mika has been light years better than he was early in the season, but I feel like there is more room to round out his game. Defensively, he gets caught puck watching too much. Showing flashes offensively, but not as sharp as can be.

Anyway, nobody on this board would complain about how the team won is they were told we would sweep the four game set.

Come on Quinn, grow some balls and play the kids more.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
2eArhnS.jpg

Why does he have 2 hats on? LMAOOOO

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I get playing the veterans in key situations, such as a major power play, but I've always felt that "sprinkling" the young players throughout the lineup is better than

Line 1- Vets
Line 2- Vets
Line 3- Kids

Like, balance is good. Kakko was great on the Panarin line. Laf should be playing with Zibanejad at even strength.

I don't disagree but there's something the board here never seems to recognize is that a lot of times these lines are constructed with the input of the star players. I.e if Panarin wants to play with Strome and Blackwell instead of Kakko, he will. Coaches in every level of hockey ask the stars who their favorite players to play with are because the players have a feel of who compliments them more. Keep your stars happy and producing.

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Rangers now have the same GF/G as they did last year and are ranked 1 higher (4 vs. 5). Unless we're drawing a lot more penalties we're a better 5 on 5 team offensively this year.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

The reason I even mention Bitetto is it’s easy to say he played a shit game and there’s this constant need by some to run someone down but the last time he played was like game 17. There is just too much mean spiritedness involved here IMO. No I don’t think he has any real future here but it’s not his fault getting thrown into this game.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
In all brutal honesty, fun time is over. They were able to play like loose stools and still sweep NJ, but they need to clench their collective buttholes the rest of the way like a sphincter and tighten their game.

Yeah. Rangers did not play well today. I would say in the 3rd they were downright exhausted.

They need to elevate their game if they even want to keep pace.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Today may have been a better indication of how the lines look against tougher opponents. I thought each line except for the 4th line had one player that wasn't really playing up to expectation today.

Buch-Zib-Kreider. Kreider isn't where he needs to be yet. And Zibby is till not 100% Zibby, but ok.
Panarin-Strome-Blackwell. Blackwell blew a few tires. He just didn't look as sharp as he needs to be to play with those two. He's been better. He wasn't terrible, but more plays died on his stick than normal.
Laf-Chytil-Kakko -- that line has more trouble than other lines at breaking out under pressure. Breaking the d zone with possession. In some ways it's because I think what Kakko may need on his other wing is someone with speed who knows how to create space. Right now, far too often, the puck goes up the wall to either Laf and Kakko and they're happy to just get it out of the zone. They're not enough puck support. And neither Laf or Kakko have the kind of speed that opposing D respects. So there's not a lot of time and space to make a play that keeps possession.

I think what should be tried is putting Kreider with Kakko and Chytil. And putting Kravtsov up with Buch and Zib. The issue of course is, can you put Laf with Howden and Rooney -- and I don't know that you can. But i feel like moving Kravtsov up and Kreider down would help the top 9. It may create other issues. But in games against teams with better D and structure we may need to look at this alignment.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I don't disagree but there's something the board here never seems to recognize is that a lot of times these lines are constructed with the input of the star players. I.e if Panarin wants to play with Strome and Blackwell instead of Kakko, he will. Coaches in every level of hockey ask the stars who their favorite players to play with are because the players have a feel of who compliments them more. Keep your stars happy and producing.
When asked who did he prefer playing with and who complimented his game the most, Blackwell responded, "Panarin."

Jk

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

see i particularly dislike this combination of bottom pair defensemen because not only are they just all really bad but they particularly have no value on special teams or in certain situations

personally if i can’t play a good defenseman(men) that’s the victim of a numbers game on my bottom pair, i want them to either be strong PKers that can eat a lot of those minutes, or like puck movers in a pinch. like a guy you can play on your 2nd unit or can open the ice a little if the game is too stifling. think Reunanen. none of these three dickheads excel at any of that, they’re just the pair that’s not one of the other two. and all of their TOI is at even strength so it’s really not an ideal situation .

Reactions: NYRangers16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad