Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ devils -- 4/18/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Colin Blackwell on PP2 over Laf and Kravtsov is beyond absurd. There's no excuses for it. KAM has struggled a lot on PP2. When you have Laf, Krav in the bullpen... It's unacceptable not to give them a shot.

There is nothing that Blackwell is better at than Kravtsov. Panarin Strome Kravtsov
Kravtsov can't grow a face rug like Blackwell, so there's that

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
But everyone “defending” Quinn is desperate to make it an all or nothing argument in an attempt to dunk on the dummies. Very few people here are locked into some binary view of the Ranger world. They see things that can be adjusted and come here to talk about it.

I don’t really know what this place is for if it’s not for that.
Criticism is of the team. When you start criticizing posters on the board, it brings it into a weird territory. It works both ways as well. Some of the Quinn attacks are weird. Anytime it crosses into a personal arena, it's weird.

I truly despise that it's become nearly political in nature. You're in this group or the other... Extremely polarizing. There's no discussion or exchange of thoughts. I'm my own person, with my own thoughts. I do not belong to some group because I share similar thoughts with others.

If you don't agree with me, great. That's the point of this board, tell me why, without snarky retorts, strawman arguments, personal attacks and/or ill will.

Last edited:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Criticism is of the team. When you start criticizing posters on the board, it brings it into a weird territory. It works both ways as well. Some of the Quinn attacks are weird. Anytime it crosses into a personal arena, it's weird.

I truly despise that it's become nearly political in nature. You're in this group or the other... Extremely polarizing. There's no discussion or exchange of thoughts. I'm my own person, with my own thoughts. I do not belong to some group because I share similar thought is random aspects of the team.

If you don't agree with me, great. That's the point of this board, tell me why, without snarky retorts, strawman arguments, personal attacks and/or ill will.
Yeah. I’ve been called every name in the book here at this point. I’ve been infracted in the past for far less. It’s a shitty situation, and the worst part is that the main offenders think they are the voices of reason.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Wow, after all the shit Edge has been catching this season, the moment he disagrees with one of Quinn’s decisions, people immediately raise the banner.

It’s actually unbelievable.

If there are any regular users with a bit of free-time and not a ton of infractions, hit me up (or one of the other mods).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wow, after all the shit Edge has been catching this season, the moment he disagrees with one of Quinn’s decisions, people immediately raise the banner.

If there are any regular users with a bit of free-time and not a ton of infractions, hit me up (or one of the other mods).
latest

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

It's a lost art having just enough of an independent streak to alternate between cheers and jeers from people on both sides of an issue.

Forget a banner, I need bottle of wine.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
We have a realistic chance to catch the Isles. 8 points behind, no games in hand, and 3 head to head matches. We have more control of our destiny with them, than we do with Boston,... if we continue to win. Isles only need to lose one game. And they play 3 games against the Caps after facing us Tuesday.
Looks like someone has been reading my posts. LOL

New York Rangers best path to playoffs is to beat out the Islanders - Forever Blueshirts: A site for New York Rangers fanatics

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
But everyone “defending” Quinn is desperate to make it an all or nothing argument in an attempt to dunk on the dummies. Very few people here are locked into some binary view of the Ranger world......
I don’t really know what this place is for if it’s not for that.
I disagree with this. Making it seem those that defend Quinn are desperate, or narrow minded, or using their reasoning to disparage others with opposing views,.... is part of the problem.

When it comes to sports, you will be surprised to know many things are binary. It's all built into the fact that you either win or lose. There is no in between. And this binary result shapes most decisions regarding all sports teams.

David Quinn has a winning record since he joined this team. Now that might not be much, but when you consider he took over a team that's in a rebuilding mode, that winning record is quite an achievement. You think Lindy Ruff will have the same success in 3 years with the Devils? I don't.

I'm not for or against DQ. I just don't understand the constant criticism against him. I have stated the argument of minutes played by our youngsters is unreasonable, and repeated my reasons why many times. The only way the kids can get consistent minutes night in and night out,... is if they punch a time clock. And that's not how the NHL works. There are just too many variables at play within a game for everyone to get the same minutes every night. The only thing that counts is their TOI per game average. And if we didn't have superstars like Panarin and Zibad, and other skaters playing close to their career best, like Strome and Buchnevich,... I'm positive the kids would be playing more. But there are only so many minutes in a game.

But here's the kicker that baffles me beyond all reason....
We are in a battle to make the playoffs. And we are winning more games than we have all year. And yet the criticisms against the coach grows even louder. It just doesn't makes sense to me, and I'm sure many others.

I'm am not trying to take shots. I am just explaining there are more important fish to fry, than a youngsters minutes in any one game. And you can bet,... the front office takes this position as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: kovazub94

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I disagree with this. Making it seem those that defend Quinn are desperate, or narrow minded, or using their reasoning to disparage others with opposing views,.... is part of the problem.

When it comes to sports, you will be surprised to know many things are binary. It's all built into the fact that you either win or lose. There is no in between. And this binary result shapes most decisions regarding all sports teams.

David Quinn has a winning record since he joined this team. Now that might not be much, but when you consider he took over a team that's in a rebuilding mode, that winning record is quite an achievement. You think Lindy Ruff will have the same success in 3 years with the Devils? I don't.

I'm not for or against DQ. I just don't understand the constant criticism against him. I have stated the argument of minutes played by our youngsters is unreasonable, and repeated my reasons why many times. The only way the kids can get consistent minutes night in and night out,... is if they punch a time clock. And that's not how the NHL works. There are just too many variables at play within a game for everyone to get the same minutes every night. The only thing that counts is their TOI per game average. And if we didn't have superstars like Panarin and Zibad, and other skaters playing close to their career best, like Strome and Buchnevich,... I'm positive the kids would be playing more. But there are only so many minutes in a game.

But here's the kicker that baffles me beyond all reason....
We are in a battle to make the playoffs. And we are winning more games than we have all year. And yet the criticisms against the coach grows even louder. It just doesn't makes sense to me, and I'm sure many others.

I'm am not trying to take shots. I am just explaining there are more important fish to fry, than a youngsters minutes in any one game. And you can bet,... the front office takes this position as well.
Yep. This is all reasonable, good stuff.

The phenomenon I’m referring to is when someone comes along and says that it might be a good idea if Blackwell didn’t play 19 minutes a night, or that we should be looking to install a lefty (preferably one of our top picks) in Strome’s spot on the PP, it somehow gets understood as wanting to give kids ice time they don’t deserve and to sit all of the top players instead of trying to win.

It’s usually followed up by a string of insults as well, and very rarely, if ever, comes with any counter argument other than “put down the crack pipe”.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

I truly despise that it's become nearly political in nature. You're in this group or the other... Extremely polarizing. There's no discussion or exchange of thoughts. I'm my own person, with my own thoughts. I do not belong to some group because I share similar thoughts with others.

I don’t agree with you

and I have no reasons for it either just vibing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad