Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils | 2/5/13 | 6 Goalie System Brah!

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
Are YOU serious?

Gaborik cant carry Nash's jockstrap? No, Gaborik's busy carrying offenses and being nearly a PPG instead. People are busy fawning over Nash hitting and trying to play defense, when he has yet to really take over an entire game. Gaborik finishes his chances. Nash, thus far, has not. If I want a 7.8 million dollar guy who hits and plays defense, id rather go for Shea Weber.

Nash was brought in to score. Period. End of.

Gaborik is the reason for two Ws in the win column, bud. How many GWs did he have last year? How many times did Gaborik disappear last year? How many consistent goal games did he have? Did he play through a torn labrum in the playoffs?

When are you people going to open your eyes and stop being so delusional? Whats with the anti-Gaborik agenda with some of you people? Honestly?

I ****ing wonder about people on here. I really do.

Uhhhh Nash is twice the player Gabby is. Half of Gabby's goals could be finished by Bickel. Half are snipes or true skill moves but in his strong statistical years he picks up so many garbage goals.

Didn't look up the exact number but Nash is shooting at 5% or maybe lower? If you think he maintains that than you have an argument. No one thinks that though. Even with him not finishing he is a single point behind Gabby and does a hell of a lot more than Gabby when he isn't scoring.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Uhhhh Nash is twice the player Gabby is. Half of Gabby's goals could be finished by Bickel. Half are snipes or true skill moves but in his strong statistical years he picks up so many garbage goals.

Didn't look up the exact number but Nash is shooting at 5% or maybe lower? If you think he maintains that than you have an argument. No one thinks that though. Even with him not finishing he is a single point behind Gabby and does a hell of a lot more than Gabby when he isn't scoring.

Its funny you say that because Bickel could have finished Nash's chance last night that he unacceptably put wide.

Drewbackatu*

Considering every post of yours is *****ing about the team seems like you don't like the way everyone plays.

Do you like the way the organization is run and the way the team plays in general?

Before you answer the question on the organization, How old are you? How long have you been a Ranger's fan?

From my perspective, this team has a lot of holes, lacks productiveness and is boring as **** to watch right now!

Drewbackatu*

Agree. That's the part that a lot of fans conveniently leave out(that Nash does way more than Gaborik when he isn't scoring)

Heyoooo*

I would LOVE for you to explain how?

9 games isnt enough time, sure, but Gaborik has a PROVEN track record of performing here, regardless of style. Hes been as advertised here.

Nash on the other hand? Im sure hes a different player than most expected him to be, but he has yet to really impress me. Hes got great hands and uses his body well, but other than that, whats so great? If hes twice the player Gaborik is, he sure has his work cut out for him goals and points wise as a Ranger.

Heyoooo*

Agree. That's the part that a lot of fans conveniently leave out(that Nash does way more than Gaborik when he isn't scoring)

You know what else is great? When Rick Nash is scoring goals.

Nash's great defense and physicality hasnt done much for us thus far, either. Certainly not in the standings.

He was brought in to take pressure off Richards and Gaborik (him especially).

edit: I just remembered his 7.8 cap hit too.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Do you like the way the organization is run and the way the team plays in general?

Before you answer the question on the organization, How old are you? How long have you been a Ranger's fan?

From my perspective, this team has a lot of holes, lacks productiveness and is boring as **** to watch right now!

I don't think they have A LOT of holes, I do agree with the rest of your stuff. If the top 6 plays the way they had their entire career (even if Hagelin doesn't have the 50 point pace he had last year) and our kids continue to play pretty well, we should be ok. Stepan is a whipping boy but had a decent first 2 years in the league.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Nash has been contributing to what looks like a meh PK. His defense isn't nearly that significant. He protects the puck well, sure. So did John Mitchell. Nash has to score goals. He hasn't. His first 9 games with the NYR have been a huge disappointment.

Heyoooo*

Is there a way on this board to rep posts? Its a great way of spreading around credibility to users, and its something used on other boards.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

You cannot be serious. If getting garbage goals were so easy then everyone would do that. The guy can't win, he scores garbage goals, Stu Bickel could do it, he doesn't he's a soft perimeter player.

Heyoooo*

You cannot be serious. If getting garbage goals were so easy then everyone would do that. The guy can't win, he scores garbage goals, Stu Bickel could do it, he doesn't he's a soft perimeter player.

:shakehead

Its comical now.

You need hockey sense to get into the scoring areas. Bickel? Yeah....

16 To Stanley*

Gaborik has 7 30+ goal seasons with 3 of those being 40+. That doesn't happen by accident. I'd like to see Bickel score 5 before anointing him as good a finisher as Gaborik. Guys who score some garbage goals have talent, ala Mike Knuble. Guys who score 40 goals in any capacity, multiple times, are on a different level.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Is there a way on this board to rep posts? Its a great way of spreading around credibility to users, and its something used on other boards.

Do you mean "report"? Really hope not, unless someone insults you. It would make this board a disgrace if you can report posts you disagree with. I mean the mods at HF already moderate this board at a ridiculous level, you want people getting infractions for being negative?

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
I would LOVE for you to explain how?

9 games isnt enough time, sure, but Gaborik has a PROVEN track record of performing here, regardless of style. Hes been as advertised here.

Nash on the other hand? Im sure hes a different player than most expected him to be, but he has yet to really impress me. Hes got great hands and uses his body well, but other than that, whats so great? If hes twice the player Gaborik is, he sure has his work cut out for him goals and points wise as a Ranger.

I really do respect the work Gabby has put in since he got here and while everyone here was saying trade him last playoff run I stood by him. This to me is more about Nash's ability. He isn't literally worth twice what Gabby is and won't produce twice what Gabby does statistically. But if he just plays the rest of the year with an average shooting percentage you guys will see finally. I just think he excels at more things than Gabby does. To me there is very little that Gabby is better at while I feel Nash is better at most things. Even his skating, while not as fast as Gabby, creates just as much. I'd love to see Gabby go wide and cut to the middle like Nash did on his goal in Tampa. That's STRONG.

Heyoooo*

I really do respect the work Gabby has put in since he got here and while everyone here was saying trade him last playoff run I stood by him. This to me is more about Nash's ability. He isn't literally worth twice what Gabby is and won't produce twice what Gabby does statistically. But if he just plays the rest of the year with an average shooting percentage you guys will see finally. I just think he excels at more things than Gabby does. To me there is very little that Gabby is better at while I feel Nash is better at most things. Even his skating, while not as fast as Gabby, creates just as much. I'd love to see Gabby go wide and cut to the middle like Nash did on his goal in Tampa. That's STRONG.

Theyre different styles of players though. Its like expecting a Ford Taurus to drive like a Ferrari.

Let Gaborik be Gaborik, and let Nash be Nash.

I dont want Gaborik to try what Nash does, cause he cant. Hes not good at it. Same for Nash. He doesnt have the shot or speed Gaborik does. Vision wise, theyre both great at making plays, but I give the edge to Gaborik there as well because his playmaking and reading the play are very underrated. Nash could use more playmaking, but he holds onto the puck too long. He needs to realize when to do it and when not to.

I still have flashbacks of the time on the PP where Nash just held onto the puck way too long and got burned for it by Torts back at the bench. I was like "when the **** you gonna pass it?"

It just seems like Gaborik (right now) is more of a team player, and Nash is more of a 'just give me the puck so I can bull through everyone to the goal and score' mindset. Im sure Nash will change at some point but right now, im not impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
Do you mean "report"? Really hope not, unless someone insults you. It would make this board a disgrace if you can report posts you disagree with. I mean the mods at HF already moderate this board at a ridiculous level, you want people getting infractions for being negative?

No. It's the opposite of that. Rep is complimentary and is a positive given to someone.

Heyoooo*

Its called "reputation" and you just add points to it.

Theres a forum called city-data that does it and its actually quite good.

If I think your post is good or spot on, or in other words if I wanna rep it, then I just hit a button and after so many, you get rated on a points system that everyone can see. The higher the rank of the user, the more reputable they are. It also lets us know when we are making valid points and what not. You are notified of each rep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad