Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils | 2/5/13 | 6 Goalie System Brah!

Heyoooo*

Are you ****** serious??? It has nothing to do with anti Euro vs pro NA bias to know that Gaborik can't carry Nash's jockstrap as an all around player pal!! I am sick and tired of Gabby's half hearted efforted all too often with all of his goals squeezed into a precious few games during the season. I can't wait till his contract is up and he is the **** out of here!!

Are YOU serious?

Gaborik cant carry Nash's jockstrap? No, Gaborik's busy carrying offenses and being nearly a PPG instead. People are busy fawning over Nash hitting and trying to play defense, when he has yet to really take over an entire game. Gaborik finishes his chances. Nash, thus far, has not. If I want a 7.8 million dollar guy who hits and plays defense, id rather go for Shea Weber.

Nash was brought in to score. Period. End of.

Gaborik is the reason for two Ws in the win column, bud. How many GWs did he have last year? How many times did Gaborik disappear last year? How many consistent goal games did he have? Did he play through a torn labrum in the playoffs?

When are you people going to open your eyes and stop being so delusional? Whats with the anti-Gaborik agenda with some of you people? Honestly?

I ****ing wonder about people on here. I really do.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Are you ****** serious??? It has nothing to do with anti Euro vs pro NA bias to know that Gaborik can't carry Nash's jockstrap as an all around player pal!! I am sick and tired of Gabby's half hearted efforted all too often with all of his goals squeezed into a precious few games during the season. I can't wait till his contract is up and he is the **** out of here!!

Oh please. At least Gaborik finishes and has done it here for a couple years now. Yeah he didn't look great last night but he'll be fine.

Nash looks amazing out there sometimes but never finishes. Maybe theres a reason he scores 30 every year, but not 40+ or 50

Gaborik needs to be broken up from Richards and Nash. He doesn't need to play with top players, he scored 40 with Erik Christensen as his center.

Drewbackatu*

So you're just going to call the entirety of last season irrelevant? seriously?

29 teams didn't win the Stanley cup last year. The Rangers got closer than 28 of them. Only 1 team had more points in the Regular season.

Do you THINK they were doing something right?

Close only counts in horse-shoes and hand grenades! Last year was our opportunity to win a cup but our wonderful gm decided we only needed John Scott at the trade deadline to make it happen.
You can't make this **** up!

Heyoooo*

There cant be a more underappreciated Ranger in recent memory than Marian Gaborik, can there?

I just do not get it.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Close only counts in horse-shoes and hand grenades! Last year was our opportunity to win a cup but our wonderful gm decided we only needed John Scott at the trade deadline to make it happen.

I do agree with that in the sense that theres no guarentee we will get back. Alot of things have to break right. We can be "good" the next couple years but never get back to where we were. Thats sports.

Drewbackatu*

Oh please. At least Gaborik finishes and has done it here for a couple years now. Yeah he didn't look great last night but he'll be fine.

Nash looks amazing out there sometimes but never finishes. Maybe theres a reason he scores 30 every year, but not 40+ or 50

Gaborik needs to be broken up from Richards and Nash. He doesn't need to play with top players, he scored 40 with Erik Christensen as his center.

I agree with you that Gaborik produces(albeit not in the playoffs historically, last year withstanding bc he was injured) and that he needs to be separated from Nash on another line.
The things is we have become way too easy to play against because of a lack of size, physicality and secondary scoring.
Sather has done a pathetic job constructing this team in letting Parenteau walk away and in trading Korpikowski for nothing.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011

And if our best, leading goal scorer didn't have his shoulder obliterated in the first round, it might have been enough. We made it that far with our best forward, a sniper, having no ability to shoot. That's impressive.

Last year was their best year since '94. To call it a waste is idiotic and borderline nihilistic, Drew. I know you're normally one of the first to get down on the team, but you have to look at the years that preceded it, what the team was expected to do, the manpower it had, and I think if you really do you'll see that what the team accomplished last season was a terrific success.

But now we expect more. They have to build off of that.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

yup, it's gone. never coming back. fluke one shot deal.

Heyoooo*

The one ****ing time you want Tortorella to change the lines up and he doesnt.

Earth to stubborn John, split the top line up.

Stop putting all our eggs in one basket.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Despite the loss, I have to say last night there was a different dynamic to this team. they had depth, and more importantly young legs out there. I thought it was pretty exciting to see Kreider and Miller out there, as well as Powe.They again bring a different dynamic to the team. Speed, youth, grit.

Torts I think needs to realize the limitations of the top line. I think he's grinding them into the ground. It's like you get one good rush up ice with them. Once play goes back the other way, these guys and in particlar Richie and Nash seem to lumber. They have no Gas. Gaborik i think is a little different. I dont think he tires as much as the o0ther two on the longer shifts. Gaborik was finding open ice for scoring chances last night. Got 5 shots off. He didnt convert, but I didnt think he was terrible.

The Devils goals were a combo of really good bounces, and poor positiong on the Rangers part. Clarkson found the puck pn his stick at opportune times. He converted. Gaborik, Staal, Stepan, Stralman had the puck on thier sticks at opportune times as well. They however failed to convert. Nash too, he had two excellent chances. At the end of the day I think the Rangers had the better chances. Marty was better last night, as was the bounces thier way.

Again though. I think Powe in the linep with CK and JT are welcomed additions. I really think this team turned a corner last night.

Snow Soccer

Jan 5, 2012
The one ****ing time you want Tortorella to change the lines up and he doesnt.

Earth to stubborn John, split the top line up.

Stop putting all our eggs in one basket.

He did split that top line up about halfway through the second period. Tried a couple lines including Stepan & Hagelin in the top line, Richards w/Kreider & Miller.

Did seem like Tortorella wasn't pleased with Gaborik's play yesterday though. He put him on the third line with Pyatt and Halpern and took him off the first PP unit in the third.

Drewbackatu*

Are YOU serious?

Gaborik cant carry Nash's jockstrap? No, Gaborik's busy carrying offenses and being nearly a PPG instead. People are busy fawning over Nash hitting and trying to play defense, when he has yet to really take over an entire game. Gaborik finishes his chances. Nash, thus far, has not. If I want a 7.8 million dollar guy who hits and plays defense, id rather go for Shea Weber.

Nash was brought in to score. Period. End of.

Gaborik is the reason for two Ws in the win column, bud. How many GWs did he have last year? How many times did Gaborik disappear last year? How many consistent goal games did he have? Did he play through a torn labrum in the playoffs?

When are you people going to open your eyes and stop being so delusional? Whats with the anti-Gaborik agenda with some of you people? Honestly?

I ****ing wonder about people on here. I really do.

Nope, time to look at the "bigger picture" as it relates to the personnel on this team and what it really takes to succeed in the playoffs, assuming we actually make it this year.
We struggled to beat a flawed Sens and Caps team in 7 games and the Devils exposed us for what we were and still are, that is a small, soft, unphysical, unproductive team with a defense that while talented scares nobody and clears nobody out from in front of the net and loses more battles along the boards than you can shake a stick at.
Our special teams suck bigtime and we are one of the worst teams in the faceoff circle.
On top of that, our best player(Hank) who was and may still be the best goalie in the league has gone back to giving up ridiculous rebounds on top of a very pedestrian performance so far this year.
Did I leave anything out?

In so far as Gaborik is concerned, yes he produces but too many of his goals are crammed into a precious few games and he look's disinterested and disengaged far too often for my taste.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Nope, time to look at the "bigger picture" as it relates to the personnel on this team and what it really takes to succeed in the playoffs, assuming we actually make it this year.
We struggled to beat a flawed Sens and Caps team in 7 games and the Devils exposed us for what we were and still are, that is a small, soft, unphysical, unproductive team with a defense that while talented scares nobody and clears nobody out from in front of the net and loses more battles along the boards than you can shake a stick at.
Our special teams suck bigtime and we are one of the worst teams in the faceoff circle.
On top of that, our best player(Hank) who was and may still be the best goalie in the league has gone back to giving up ridiculous rebounds on top of a very pedestrian performance so far this year.

In so far as Gaborik is concerned, yes he produces but too many of his goals are crammed into a precious few games and he look's disinterested and disengaged far too often for my taste.

That was one season, two seasons ago. Apart from that his scoring has been very, very balanced.

Drewbackatu*

And here's Drew on cue with another rant. Thanks Drew you make my rants seem benign.

You're welcome pal. Always willing and able to focus the spotlight on myself with my off the wall rants!
Ya gotta luv it, really!

Drewbackatu*

He just doesnt play the way he wants him to. Thats all it is.

Bingo; you win the $50,000 question! Gaborik is an elite finisher who produces but I do hate the way he plays! Always better to fess up.

16 To Stanley*

Gaborik is a better and more proven goal scorer than Nash. Also his defense is on par with him even strength.

I would take Gaborik over Nash in a heartbeat.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

we struggled to beat an Ottawa team with one of the top offenses in the league...

we struggled to beat a Caps team that just finished off last year's SC champs

the devils exposed the fact we lacked dept in our bottom six and 3rd pairing defenseman, along with having more consistent scoring throughout.

I'm all for critical thought, but you drowning in a vat of bitterness.

Drewbackatu*

we struggled to beat an Ottawa team with one of the top offenses in the league...

we struggled to beat a Caps team that just finished off last year's SC champs

the devils exposed the fact we lacked dept in our bottom six and 3rd pairing defenseman, along with having more consistent scoring throughout.

I'm all for critical thought, but you drowning in a vat of bitterness.

You left out a couple of important things:
-Brodeur(aka "Fatso") outplayed Hank
-Stepan and Hagelin disappeared in the playoffs
-Del Zotto played like he was just introduced to the position of defense

There, that about covers it!

Drewbackatu*

You hate the way everyone plays. Reading your posts I would think the Rangers are 0-9 this year and won 10 games last year.

Nope, I don't hate the way "everyone" plays, just a select few.
The only thing I really "hate" and "detest" is the way the organization has been run for far too long.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Gaborik has been more important to the team than Nash. Maybe I'll change my mind if Nash remembers how to ****ing score goals. Getting sick of his inability to do that.

Heyoooo*

In all honesty, Gaborik has done everything thats been asked of him by this organization and Tortorella. He even said himself, hes not the same player they got from Minnesota. Hes mentally tougher, physically, changed his game, etc.

Nash shows flashes of his moves and abilities, but he still NEEDS to produce regardless, in the form of goals. We didnt get him to praise about his defense or physicality.

Anyone wanna review Gaborik's first 9 games as a Ranger and compare the two?

Gaborik 5 G, 7A 12 Pts
Nash 2 G, 5 A 7 Pts

Yeah, edge Gaborik. Now after all these years we can see why Nash is a tier under Gaborik as far as offense goes. Nash also needs to utilize his teammates more. He has 5 assists, sure, but im seeing a ton of failed moves. He uses the body amazingly well, but it still needs to translate into goals at some point.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nope, I don't hate the way "everyone" plays, just a select few.
The only thing I really "hate" and "detest" is the way the organization has been run for far too long.

Considering every post of yours is *****ing about the team seems like you don't like the way everyone plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad