Confirmed with Link: Rangers claim F Jake Leschyshyn

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
oh please. Hahahaha. That's just silly. We are basing it on half a season.
But how about this: Last year, his first with NYR was his highest scoring year.
Right now his PPG after 42 games is higher than last year.
Whatever you don't like about Goodrow and/or his contract, and/or "relevance and cost per % of cap and for how long" saying Drury signed him as a "has been" is just ridiculous. End of story.
This isn’t the Goodrow thread but his numbers were up because he was constantly playing in the top-9 because the kids weren’t cutting it and Balis lost a leg 6 games into the season.

Again, % of cap, duration. and usefulness

I have nothing against him other than what he makes and for how long.

Especially when we have to give Key & Chytil a new contract

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

The thing that's annoying about the Tolvanen situation is that Sammy Blais and him make the same money. Blais has been largely ineffective since getting hurt. He's always injured. So if Blais sucked all year and there's a real chance we don't re-sign him why are we holding onto his million and a half? If the issue is accruing cap space Drury could've unloaded Blais and pushed Vesey to the 4th line. If it didn't work out you throw Tolvanen back on waivers. If it did, you added a winger with some upside to a weak RW group. We may need some more bite and another utility sort of player, which Tolvanen doesnt exactly fit the mold.. but that's something that can be specifically addressed at the deadline. It was simply a missed opportunity to displace less effective forwards in the lineup. Tolvanen on the 3rd line with Vesey in Blais' spot.. that's a deeper team. To put it nicely, it's definitely been a mixed bag so far with Drury as the GM

And the sad thing is.. watch Drury go re-sign Blais this summer just for him to miss half the season again
The only excuse I can think of for playing Blais this season - and not letting him get his footing back in Hartford - is they’re hoping to bring him back next season. If not, there’s really no reason. It has to be the ‘long game’.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Leschyshyn will score before Blais.

Book it.
I hope he gets more ice time. At least he can play center which is a need here. Has to be better than Brodstinksti. He should stay in Hartford. Rather call Cuylle and have him at center. Played center at times in juniors. This better be the end of Brodzinski

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
This isn’t the Goodrow thread but his numbers were up because he was constantly playing in the top-9 because the kids weren’t cutting it and Balis lost a leg 6 games into the season.

Again, % of cap, duration. and usefulness

I have nothing against him other than what he makes and for how long.

Especially when we have to give Key & Chytil a new contract
All I said was saying he was a washed up signee is ridiculous. The rest of this is irrelevant, and arguable. But like you said, this isn’t the Goodrow thread, I’m not going to follow around the goalposts you are moving.

Reactions: JCProdigy

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...Has to be better than Brodstinksti. He should stay in Hartford...This better be the end of Brodzinski
not seeing what you see
Brodz is +3, 9th on the team
makes few mistakes, gets in on forecheck, gotten some PK time
not sure what you require from a team's 13th F
(Yeah +/- often lame stat. But first expectation of bottom roster guys is 'dont get scored on')

Last edited:
Reactions: leetch99

hockeyplayer999

Dec 27, 2021
They lost Hunt and Reaves that’s why
He’s a depth option
Would of rather had hunt or reaves at least they played physical. This guy is a worse version of Laf. Laf isn’t good at anything either at least he puts up points like a 6th round pick.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Does Tolvanen play center and kill penalties? No? Then what does he have to do with Leschyshyn? I understand Tolvanen has "higher upside" or whatever but Vince laid out exactly why they wanted Leschyshyn, which was to try out at 4C and on the PK.

Leschyshyn also doesn't have a cap hit of $1.45M.
The problem is he isn't any good.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Is Rydahl hurt? If not, he must be wondering what it's going to take to get a cup of coffee with the NHL team.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
The kid would make a great supporting guy as part of the criminal surfer gang in Point Break if they ever remake the movie. He'd be perfect as the member of the gang who's not sure that what he's doing is right and kinda wants to leave but also can't and is thus very conflicted and needs Johnny Utah to get out.

Last edited:

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I have zero issue with the Leschyshyn claim but that's been a little bit of a theme for Drury. Getting players that coaches and players are familiar with and a little nepotism here and there. Think there's some benefit to grabbing guys that have played together in the past, Reaves, Copp, Vatrano and Motte were all players that had some history with current players or coaches.

Maybe not as much of the nepotism though.They drafted Karpa, who's father played for the Rangers and took Mancini who played with Henriksson on Frolunda's junior team for a season. Mancini's father also coached Drury waaaay back for a few games during a US world championship tournament. I wasn't crazy about those picks. They were late but seems like they were really only taken for that reason. Felt like a waste of 2 picks. I've only watched 2 Nebraska-Omaha games this year because I had been following Jacob Guévin. Ironically I didn't get to see Mancini in those 2 games because the undrafted Guévin had overtaken him in the lineup. Kid's off to a pretty decent start to his NCAA career. I'll cut Karpa a little slack because there might be some upside as a role player, I just wasn't thrilled about the selection

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I have zero issue with the Leschyshyn claim but that's been a little bit of a theme for Drury. Getting players that coaches and players are familiar with and a little nepotism here and there. Think there's some benefit to grabbing guys that have played together in the past, Reaves, Copp, Vatrano and Motte were all players that had some history with current players or coaches.

Maybe not as much of the nepotism though.They drafted Karpa, who's father played for the Rangers and took Mancini who played with Henriksson on Frolunda's junior team for a season. Mancini's father also coached Drury waaaay back for a few games during a US world championship tournament. I wasn't crazy about those picks. They were late but seems like they were really only taken for that reason. Felt like a waste of 2 picks. I've only watched 2 Nebraska-Omaha games this year because I had been following Jacob Guévin. Ironically I didn't get to see Mancini in those 2 games because the undrafted Guévin had overtaken him in the lineup. Kid's off to a pretty decent start to his NCAA career. I'll cut Karpa a little slack because there might be some upside as a role player, I just wasn't thrilled about the selection
Mancini has been on the top pair most of the season. It was my understanding that back in October he had a lower-body injury and was out with that. Did you hear that he was just a healthy scratch? I have only seen a small bit of Omaha but he appears to play quite a bit, next to Tychonick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad