GDT: Rangers @ Capitals - "Playoffs? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Playoffs!" Edition - 3/28/18 - 8pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
HBO helped the most imo. That show was excellent - I watched it with many friends who didn't care for hockey much at all and even they were totally sucked in. I don't really recall what the issue was with continuing that, but it was yet another in a long, long series of culturally tone deaf moves the NHL has made. HBO is a big deal, people enjoy their programming and anything made by them gets a huge boost of popularity simply because they made it.
Plus the nhl without cursing is dumb. The behind the scenes stuff for the outdoor games now is just fluff on fluff. The HBO show was actually interesting. I do think they realized they’d never beat Ilya bryzgalov

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think you throw in the unexpected success, the winter classic, behind the scenes from that, got to know the players more from that. It just was a fun team and you felt more attached to those players. Yeah sure there was a winter classic this year, but did not have the same feeling as the last one, plus things began going down hill right after this one.
That was also the last remotely interesting WC. They’ve overkilled the outdoor stuff.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Plus the nhl without cursing is dumb. The behind the scenes stuff for the outdoor games now is just fluff on fluff. The HBO show was actually interesting. I do think they realized they’d never beat Ilya bryzgalov
Yeah, with the lesser production quality and the censorship, etc it's just not enough to be very interesting, especially if you aren't already a fan of the teams in question.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
HBO helped the most imo. That show was excellent - I watched it with many friends who didn't care for hockey much at all and even they were totally sucked in. I don't really recall what the issue was with continuing that, but it was yet another in a long, long series of culturally tone deaf moves the NHL has made. HBO is a big deal, people enjoy their programming and anything made by them gets a huge boost of popularity simply because they made it.
Anyone remember the HBO line though? That was some legit shit right there. Maybe the last time I enjoyed having an enforcer on my team. And Hollweg who was just f***ing nuts. Just emerged from the dark ages, Jagr was awesome, Hank was establishing himself as awesome, and then we had that line. :laugh:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The 05-06 team was incredibly boring when the Jagr line wasn't on the ice IMO. Never expected anything to happen offensively from the rest of the roster. It was made worse when Rucinsky got injured, and Rucchin was much better served as a 3C at that stage of his career. Sykora added a nice boost later on in the season, but then they ruined it by adding Ozolinch.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Miami was obviously the location two days ago and a live concert with David Guetta, enjoy!
It`s off topic, but it will close after the game.
And a happy Easter everyone! :)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone remember the HBO line though? That was some legit **** right there. Maybe the last time I enjoyed having an enforcer on my team. And Hollweg who was just ****ing nuts. Just emerged from the dark ages, Jagr was awesome, Hank was establishing himself as awesome, and then we had that line. :laugh:

Hollweg is neck in neck with Glass as my most hated Ranger ever.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Vesey is playing for a new contract for sure! ))

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Ouch. Hope he's well, but the thought of someone slipping on a puck like a banana peel is quite amusing.

Reactions: Ail

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah, it was cold here too today - take a hot shower and open some beers, @Amazing Kreiderman - the puck drop in 10 min. though. :D

I had plans to travel to Mallorca earlier in April, but I will wait next year instead - it`s cold in south Spain too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad