GDT: Rangers @ Capitals - "Playoffs? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Playoffs!" Edition - 3/28/18 - 8pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Hopefully we pick in the bottom #3 in 2019 draft, but Gorton need to move players who are considered mediocrity and that include players who are not yet reached 60 pts. in their career.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I wish Names and Buch could have a competent LW put on their line to see if that duo works. They both made nice plays last game only for them to be wasted by giving the puck to McLeod. I missed most of the two games when Spooner was with them. How’d that trio look together?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Six games left. Hank's record is 25-24-0-6. Will he finish below .500 for the first time in his career? The watch is on.

Who gives a f*** even if he does? It's not his fault, thats for damn sure. Hockey is a team game and the team has let him down this year with how well he played.

Hank has an insane amount of pride/competitiveness. Believe it that he will do everything in his power to ensure a personal losing record does not happen.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Who gives a **** even if he does? It's not his fault, thats for damn sure. Hockey is a team game and the team has let him down this year with how well he played.

Hank has an insane amount of pride/competitiveness. Believe it that he will do everything in his power to ensure a personal losing record does not happen.

I would like him to finish with a winning record. So I guess I give a shit.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
2012 was still my favorite team. Still stings we lost to NJ in that ECF. Everyone except for Hank and Staal are now gone. Crazy.

Those playoffs were very stressful other than Game 1 vs. Ottawa. It was agony winning the first round, and the second round just wasn't a fun series in any way as that was when the Caps under Hunter were playing that very defensive system. So many of those guys are not only gone, but not even in the league anymore.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Those playoffs were very stressful other than Game 1 vs. Ottawa. It was agony winning the first round, and the second round just wasn't a fun series in any way as that was when the Caps under Hunter were playing that very defensive system. So many of those guys are not only gone, but not even in the league anymore.

The Brad Richards goal to tie the game against the Caps, was one of my most memorable and exciting goals for me, it seems it turned the corner for them, but still could not get to the ultimate prize.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The Brad Richards goal to tie the game against the Caps, was one of my most memorable and exciting goals for me, it seems it turned the corner for them, but still could not get to the ultimate prize.

It was. Poor Joel Ward still sees his penalty against Hagelin in his dreams lol.

I've mentioned many times here and it's the one thing I am 100% certain on for the 2012 run, if they claimed Brian Rolston off waivers and used him as a pointman on the PP, they get to at least the SCF. He couldn't skate anymore but in that system, he didn't need to.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That goal was a turning point for the franchise where I realized that hey maybe they could be legitimate contenders.

It's sad, the end of an era.

Pretty remarkable Lundqvist is 36 the first time he plays a game while being eliminated, especially considering some of the garbage teams he played behind.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The end of an era and the beginning of another. I still think the turnaround will be quicker than expected. I think we’ll make the playoffs next year
Possible but the defense will still be pretty suspect. I think we could use one more year of multiple first round picks after this year including a lottery pick. Obviously those picks can't be botched. We need a couple of elite players from somewhere.

Reactions: Off Sides
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad