GDT: Rangers @ Capitals - "Playoffs? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Playoffs!" Edition - 3/28/18 - 8pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Pionks skate just gave out on him, probably tired from too many minutes.

Unlucky.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Guys I'm telling you this "rebuild" we are going thru is not ....let me repeat NOT be as painful as some in here expect. We have a very nice core foundation, a pretty damn good top 9 fwds and and a very decent top two D pairing. I think we'll be back in the playoffs in two years with a likely one and done type of playoff and in year 3 ready for a long playoff run.

I guess I'm just too impressed with all the moves GMJG has pulled off. We are in good shape...

Reactions: effen

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Just flashed on the screen that the Caps are 9-3-0 in March.

What f***ing witchdoctor is a Caps fan? They f***ing blow.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Let Pionk get that out of the way this year and learn from it. No need to get panties in a bunch for these last 5 games.

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
What guys, take a look at where was Marc Staal when the play for the tying goal started - he was where a forward was supposed to be. It was his fault - not Pionk´s.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Guys I'm telling you this "rebuild" we are going thru is not ....let me repeat NOT be as painful as some in here expect. We have a very nice core foundation, a pretty damn good top 9 fwds and and a very decent top two D pairing. I think we'll be back in the playoffs in two years with a likely one and done type of playoff and in year 3 ready for a long playoff run.

I guess I'm just too impressed with all the moves GMJG has pulled off. We are in good shape...
I have a gut feeling this team is going to trade up in the draft.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

We need to get one or two elite players from somewhere or there will be a lot of first or second round exits in our future.

Reactions: Maximus

effen

Feb 3, 2018
- Baghdad Bob
What? It clearly did. Eller boxed him out and his leg gave out and he was stuck on ice with no momentum. That's why he was down there. He could barely stand up after Eller scored.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
What guys, take a look at where was Marc Staal when the play for the tying goal started - he was where a forward was supposed to be. It was his fault - not Pionk´s.

Yes, not good defensive play by Staal - I want his contract bought out.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Embarrassing coaching. How do you just let your entire team back off to try and defend? PTSD back to all the OT against the Kings. Jesus f***ing Christ. Just f***ing fire Ruff and scapegoat the man just like Ulfie and Bueke. Hire the Arniel's brother and AV's ex-wife to run the PK and defense next year.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I like Pionk a lot but good lord that is one of the worst defensive plays I’ve ever seen. He’s taking away a passing lane that doesn’t even exist. So much time to cover Eller and he just crouches in the corner of the crease. Inexplicable.

That overhead shot of him doing that is visual comedy.

Reactions: nevesis

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
But he’s a smaller weaker mcdonagh...

The hpye is out of control.

He's got potential and he's great with the puck, but he also sucks in his own zone and has a ton of holes.

He's not Neal Stionk, but he's very, very far from Ryan McDonagh. The truth is in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad