GDT: Rangers @ Capitals - "Playoffs? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Playoffs!" Edition - 3/28/18 - 8pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Fire the coach after this game. Absolutely f***ing helpless. Total loser behind the bench. Up 2-1 and proceeds to turtle until you lose. f***ing cup final, every playoff series. Having all these young players coached by an absolute atrocious loser like Vigneault is no way to do it. Not for a day.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Just too much relaxing going on at critical times.
Rangers had some good moments but pretty easy to see why they are on the outside looking in.
Good to see the young players play.

Reactions: GregSirico

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Unfortunately, things like this are going to happen.

I like Pionk, but he is a rookie and we have to be very mindful about over-projecting him.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
Our guys froze in time like when in Saved by the Bell Zach took a timeout and broke the fourth wall - I half expected them to talk to the camera.

No-one knew what player to take. Not Skej, not Zib, not Kreider.

But I am not complaining. Our Happy Sherman movie rolls on.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
How can their be actual human beings who think Pionk did nothing wrong on the tying goal? What universe do I live in where people don't have the ability to see EXACTLY WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED THAT I SAW.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Not sure how all 4 officials decided that Eller playing the puck with Holtby still on the ice wasn't offsides.

Holtby is still 5 feet from the bench and Eller plays the puck. That's an automatic penalty 99.9999% of the time. Pretty brutal.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
You shouldn't be pissed over meaningless games.I think you're more upset that Hank didn't get the win.

Well, I want the team to win, even though it means nothing, but I wanted them to win especially for the way Hank played (and for his own personal stats) since our team stats mean nothing now.

But a win in regulation, or a win in OT would have made me super happy, instead I was very pissed, and only starting to come down.

Remember, it's not if you lose, it's HOW you lose, and losing the way we did hurts way worse.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
How can their be actual human beings who think Pionk did nothing wrong on the tying goal? What universe do I live in where people don't have the ability to see EXACTLY WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED THAT I SAW.
Is anyone actually saying that? Lmao.

I really like Pionk, but come on. That's right out of the Nick Holden playbook but actually probably worse than anything Holden ever did.

Reactions: Siddi and nevesis

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Is anyone actually saying that? Lmao.

I really like Pionk, but come on. That's right out of the Nick Holden playbook but actually probably worse than anything Holden ever did.

It might be the worst 'defensive' play I have ever seen. It's almost like he thought Eller was invisible.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Well, I want the team to win, even though it means nothing, but I wanted them to win especially for the way Hank played (and for his own personal stats) since our team stats mean nothing now.

But a win in regulation, or a win in OT would have made me super happy, instead I was very pissed, and only starting to come down.

Remember, it's not if you lose, it's HOW you lose, and losing the way we did hurts way worse.
Growing pains.We aren't done losing heartbreakers like this.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'm surprised we didn't give up 2 goals in the final 5 minutes of regulation. We have an idiot yelling from the bench to get the puck out of the zone and come to the bench for a change and just let the next unit on the ice get bombared when the puck is already back in the zone when they step on the ice. Sun Tzu can be kicked in the head by a horse and be high on opium and come up with a better hockey strategy than that in f***ing 500 B.C.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It was a stupid play by Pionk.

I guess I'm just not fuming because he's a rookie and I don't see him as being that core member on a better squad that others are starting to believe him to be.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Late first round pick. Gorton has to hit home runs in this draft. No ****ups.

I have total faith in JG and the scouting staff headed by Gordie Clark. I totally agree with you that this year's draft is huge. We need to hit a home run and I have total faith that we will seeing 95% of the moves JG has made since he's been handed the keys to the car by Sather have been excellent.

I really think we are in very good shape and have no doubt that in two years we will be a playoff participant again and in three years ready for a long playoff run. In Gorton I trust...so should the rest of my brothers in here. The man knows his shit and will no doubt not let us down. I'm convinced of this.....:nod:

Reactions: Pizza and Phoicon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad