Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals - Game 4 - May 6, 2015 (Series 3-1 WSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yea. I really liked Girardi's effort on the game winning goal.

:laugh:

Yeah, he has a cape to fly back when McDonagh turns it over when he's literally the only defenseman back.

You, yourself can **** off. He played well, don't blame captain turnover's mistake on him.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
What will be your excuse when Tampa Bay lights them up?

Tampa isn't going to light them up.

Nobody is giving that SYSTEM any credit.

The Rangers are being beaten by a system, refs that think it's 1996, and a goaltender.

As long as Washington is allowed to get away with all of the bull****, Tampa is done too.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Lack of offense rears its head. No creativity, Zucc missing hurts, Holtby playing very well, and the Caps basically becoming the 2012 Rangers. The funny thing is the Bolts will steamroll the Caps much in the same way the Devils did to our team that year. Bolts vs Hawks final, can Cally get his Cup?

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I wouldn't jump off the cliff folks: The likelihood of the Rangers not only getting back to the dance but winning the Stanley Cup after last year was minimal. On top of that they were president trophy winners.

They are spent and don't have the extra gear. People blame this on AV. Its not really AV, its a patch work team that is playing a high skill system with medium skilled players and old vets hanging on for dear life.

I think we have a more realistic view of this team now. Nash is not going to do much of anything in the playoffs it seems. He is a complimentary player for a loaded team(who can take pressure off of him). He is essentially Marian Hossa. Either they try to bring him a star center to play with(who can feed him in a pinch)or you ship him out for something else.

The biggest concern I'm having though is our D-corps. I think most of our Dmen can't play a free wielding style in the playoffs. I think they need more structure and simplified. V's system is very dependent on smart creative plays from top of the dots in the Ozone. I'm not sure, personnel wise, they can play that system.

Another year of Hank wasted. Rangers would be smart to lock up Talbot long term in case we miss our window with Hank.

For the love of God: this franchise needs to move on from Sather though who saddles our team with aging vets.

Wolfy*

Now we have to win the last 3 games to win the series. Sorry, but I don't see that happening.

And McDonagh is a complete disaster :shakehead

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Series is far from over IMO. They can win the next home game, but games 6 and 7 will definitely be a challenge.

LGR :rangers

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
The bad news is we are stuck with Boyle and Yandle for another season at least. Does everyone still hate Girardi?

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Hence why I'm asking a hypothetical. In the event Tampa does light them up, what then?

I doubt that will happen. Hell, I still think the Rangers will be playing Tampa.

If it does, it'll be because they do a better job of getting to rebounds than the Rangers have, which will only happen if the Caps' defense loosens up, or the refs start calling interference easily. Wouldn't be surprised if the latter happens, after Cooper already complained about the Wings interfering.

Blue777

Feb 24, 2010
Not one ****ing bounce.

Not one ****ing semblance of puck luck.

Not one divine assist on anything.

I ****ing hate hockey.

Tell me about it, It's like every puck we put on net bounces to a caps player or gets blocked.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The offense is as one-dimensional as they come and is not well-suited to score when time and space are taken away. They don't cycle, forecheck, capitalize on rebounds, or screen the goalie on a consistent basis. We are lacking the balance necessary to beat teams like the Caps who collapse and clog up the middle of the nice.

I expect brain farts from our defensemen, but I never imagined McDonagh would struggle as much as he has this year. What a disappointment.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Kind of hope they lose the next game to put us out of our misery. This team is not winning the Cup. There's no strategy for winning the Cup unless your two top paid forwards can score. Need to trade away Nash. He chokes every time in the playoffs. Maybe he just can't handle the physical play or the clutch and grab of the playoffs or whatever it is. He can't possibly be injured every single time. This is his 4th year in the playoffs and he scored more than a single goal in only one season - last year when he got a mere 3 goals in 25 games.

I have no use for this team anymore. Not even watching them.

I saw the hand writing on the wall against Pitt. A team that was missing half their team/defense, they didn't whoop them.
I thought it was mostly Fleury, but nope.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Tampa isn't going to light them up.

Nobody is giving that SYSTEM any credit.

The Rangers are being beaten by a system, refs that think it's 1996, and a goaltender.

As long as Washington is allowed to get away with all of the bull****, Tampa is done too.

I'll guarantee they score more than 1.25 goals per game.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
:laugh:

Yeah, he has a cape to fly back when McDonagh turns it over when he's literally the only defenseman back.

You, yourself can **** off. He played well, don't blame captain turnover's mistake on him.

So because McDonagh sucks Girardi can't suck too?

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
I'm going to die without seeing another Cup; aren't I? Lol

I'm going to die without ever seeing a cup. Even IF we get past Washington there is no way in hell this team is going to win the Cup. Our top offensive players will NOT PRODUCE in the postseason.

Not one positive thing to take form this game, and it looks grim going forward.

bigbluebird

Dead Eyes McGee
Jan 3, 2012
Hiding in PlainSight
I appreciate your optimism. Hopefully I will be there by tomorrow. As a current DC resident, the only thing I can count on now is the curse of DC sports implosion to jinx them.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
The team hasnt been the same since Zucc went out. Who knows how this would of played out if he didnt get injured. Could be up 3-1 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad