Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals - Game 3 - May 4, 2015 (Series: 2-1 WSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
If we're missing Zuccarello's passion so much, then maybe he should be the captain instead of McDonothing.
There are plenty of players on the Rangers capable of making the difference, its just a matter of someone stepping up. This is something all teams needs to do any time a regular player gets injured. I still have faith that someone will :)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Honestly' 8 out of 30 is pretty good. That's over 25% of the time. I don't think you'd want it much higher or else what's the point in watching or playing?

5 pts separated the top 5 teams this year. 5 pts over 82 games is nothing. 2 more wins and a Shootout victory, or 5 more losses in ot instead of regulation. You also have to consider that when every team isn't played an equal amount, it's hard to determine who had the easier schedule.

That's why the Stanley cup is called the hardest trophy to win in all sports.

Fair points. I guess I'm more disappointed by the dramatic change in style that doesn't impact any other sport during the playoffs. As another poster said - it would be like the NFL not calling pass interference suddenly. Different game.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Didn't Getzlaf have a down year when he first became captain, but then eventually picked it up the following season?

Maybe it does have to do with the whole captaincy thing.

Has that ever happened?

Can't say for sure if it was the year he became captain but yeah, like 2 or 3 years ago he had something like a 56 point season.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm convinced the Wild could play 82 games worth of 7 game series against the Hawks and lose all of them.

Blues, Preds, Wild. Can try all they want but don't have a prayer of beating the Hawks in the playoffs.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Maybe McD will hand it over, saying he can't handle this, needs to concentrate on his own game.

Don't see it happening simply because McDonagh is young, locked down contract wise and is considered a cornerstone of the franchise at this point.

The only way I could see it happening is if the team struggles for a few seasons and then a player like Toews or someone who's a renowned leader came to the team.

What probably will happen is McD will have a much better season next year. Hopefully.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
To be fair, the Preds did take it to them. Losing Weber hurt a lot.

Agreed weber hurt a ton but In end hawks find a way to win probably in 7. They have that pedigree that wins games when they count . Hoping the Rangers can find some of their playoff pedigree tomorrow and beyond

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What the ****?

Definitely a little crazy. The Dom Moore on powerplay little bit much lol but one thing that hurts is reading that we gave up so much for a guy that doesn't even start the pp over Boyle or isn't even on the ice for the last minute of a 1-0 game. So frustrating . So much would have preferred petry at the time and now even more so after seeing yandles struggles. Maybe he's hurt ? Who knows. Just frustrating

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Agreed weber hurt a ton but In end hawks find a way to win probably in 7. They have that pedigree that wins games when they count . Hoping the Rangers can find some of their playoff pedigree tomorrow and beyond

Oh, knowing the Rangers, they'll win tomorrow by either a score of 1-0, or 2-1.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
What the ****?

PP couldn't get worse with Dom could it? Not that I'm on board. Just saying, Dom does deserve more minutes and more looks with top nine players. Maybe shorten the bench more. Get him out to take defensive zone draws then change. He's a gamer and he's been one of our better forwards this round.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Guys can someone answer why yandle doesn't start the powerplay?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
PP couldn't get worse with Dom could it? Not that I'm on board. Just saying, Dom does deserve more minutes and more looks with top nine players. Maybe shorten the bench more. Get him out to take defensive zone draws then change. He's a gamer and he's been one of our better forwards this round.

I think he does, but not at the expense of our top 6 playing even less. It feels like Nash doesn't get enough 5v5 time as it is.

Last game, 3 minutes left and the entire 4th line is out there. Why? You want Dom out there, okay, but put Hags and Nash out there with him or something.

AV needs to start changing up his looks a little bit. I don't mean changing entire lines because aside from shifting Miller up and MSL down there's not much I would change. But we need the odd shift here and there where Nash or Kreider are out there with a different line. Trotz sees Moore and Sheppard come out, Gleason and Green trot out, have Nash take that shift with them. Get their defense uncomfortable and not facing the matchups they want. Throw Kreider out there EVERY time Gleason is on the ice and have him streak up that side.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

I hope in AV's chat with him today, he told him we need you to step up and control the PP. It's not working as it is, give Yandle carte blanche to do as he likes and encourage him to find shooting lanes and fire away to try and get the puck through.

Holtby is dialed in and playing fantastic. You need to beat him one of two ways. 1.) Get him moving side to side, hopefully get rebounds and open nets. 2.) With all the collapsing traffic in front, encourage the D men to blast away. Don't always try and finesse it through, those are getting blocked every time. Once Holtby's eyes are taken away, fire it.

I look at it the same way the Kings beat Hank last year (albeit different defensive systems). Hank was a man on a mission and played amazing, yet the Kings beat him multiple time both of those two way. Getting chaotic in front of him side to side, banging rebounds home and most importantly, taking his eyes away and getting shots through.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
That Brooks article is crappy. Lol move Moore up, it's been done and it didn't work. Why panic and make stupid moves. You have the horses get them to do what they're supposed to do.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012

The same reason why Nash, one of the only guys who can shoot on this team who scored over 40 goals this year playing in front of the net on the second unit. Gotta appease the Tampa Country Club (Boyle and MSL)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Lose a game 1-0 on a fluke bounce and people are *****ing about Lundqvist. Amazing.

Well, it might have been a fluke goal but Lundqvist was more to blame than Yandle. Lundqvist came out of his crease and was not back on time to cover the short side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad