Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals - Game 3 - May 4, 2015 (Series: 2-1 WSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
And it cost us the game.

On paper, it cost us the game.
The lack of quality shots on goal and finishing them is what I think cost us the game. No reason why this team despite Zucc's absence shouldn't be scoring at least 2/3 goals a game against Holtby.
This team and specifically some players that are getting paid a lot of money or about to get paid in the offseason better start waking up. Again, I've seen too many games at MSG where the solid 60 minute effort games are too few and far between. Having said that, this franchise continues to not make things easy on itself.
Would anyone be surprised if they win the next 3 games and advance?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
1 team wins the whole thing, and that team almost never does so without some bumps along the road. You being concerned about the playoffs isn't some incredible prediction, and it surely isn't validated by the occurrence of the most likely situation possible, a team not steamrolling the competition comfortably round after round.

That's not the point, at all.

My post wasn't meant to be some kind of arrogant **** stroking because they're having a tough time, I actually think they've been a lot better than the Caps 5 on 5 and deserve a much better fate.

Just that now that the playoffs are actually occuring, and we've faced the slightest hint of resistance (we're down 2-1 in a series after winning the 1st one in 5......), and now half the board are like WHAT A BUNCH OF PRETENDERS, or THIS TEAM JUST HAS NO HART OR NO EXTRA GEER. And the entire board sings the same garbage notion in unison. Meanwhile, I simply suggested we have weaknesses that I think would hurt us, and the HF Firing Squad all came out with their rifles aimed at my head saying "SHUT UP NERD WERE AWESOME".

The irony is ****ing hilarious. Even if my favorite team is losing, the laughs from these threads at least brings me some joy.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
That's not the point, at all.

My post wasn't meant to be some kind of arrogant **** stroking because they're having a tough time, I actually think they've been a lot better than the Caps 5 on 5 and deserve a much better fate.

Just that now that the playoffs are actually occuring, and we've faced the slightest hint of resistance (we're down 2-1 in a series after winning the 1st one in 5......), and now half the board are like WHAT A BUNCH OF PRETENDERS, or THIS TEAM JUST HAS NO HART OR NO EXTRA GEER. And the entire board sings the same garbage notion in unison. Meanwhile, I simply suggested we have weaknesses that I think would hurt us, and the HF Firing Squad all came out with their rifles aimed at my head saying "SHUT UP NERD WERE AWESOME".

The irony is ****ing hilarious. Even if my favorite team is losing, the laughs from these threads at least brings me some joy.

Do u even watch game

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I ripped you for the arrogance with your stats. Some key players are going bye-bye at crunch time. You know correlation without causation.

Ah, so it's their fault is it? Hockey isn't a team effort?

Laughing? What is there to be so happy about?

Irony, that's it really.

Ras, I may end up converting to CORSIsm after these playoffs are done..:sarcasm: (maybe joking).

And the point of this post was.......?

The funny thing about this, is that our skepticism was based on their unimpressive metrics. It's not like the Caps are dominating them 5v5 by any means, in fact quite the opposite. Yet, somehow they've still managed to be unimpressive in a totally different manner.

Exactly, I'm very pleasantly surprised with how we've played actually. I can't believe we're down 2-1 the way we've played at ES personally.

Obviously, I'd take getting dominated but somehow score and win anyway however.

If Zucc is healthy, MSL isn't looking like burnt toast, and Hayes like a rookie in his first post-season, and they're playing this way, they're probably up 3-0 right now.

I believe the Rangers are clearly the better team in this series right now, but also missing key contributions.

Zuccarello's passing ability is sorely missed.

MSL played really well last night imo, but he's so unpredictable, it's hard for him to gel with new linemates.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Plenty of people are going to read this post like you're happier you're right than the Rangers seeing success. I didn't read it like that because I think I know you better as a poster here, but people will. My $0.02

This series and playoff run are far from over. We were the better team for the majority of all three games. A couple of brain farts and a lack of finishing ability and we're down 2-1. A bounce here or there go our way, and we're up 3-0. That's just the nature of the playoffs. It's not like we're getting completely dominated on the ice out there.

Then again, the only thing that matters here is that the Rangers are down 2-1, and that is a precarious place to be in.

Win game 4, bring this back to MSG 2-2. Reclaim home ice, and HFNYR is singing a different tune Thursday morning.

I agree with this 100%.

*Pigs fly across the world*

So all parts are of equal ability and equal expectations? Or are some efforts more crucial than others?

I didn't say that.

But you and I both know where this is going so I'm not continuing this.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Passion.

rangers-flyers.jpg

Yeah, don't have any of that left.

493232289.jpg

image.JPG

hatrick.jpg

472112868-new-york-center-derick-brassard-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg

n-KEVIN-KLEIN-large570.jpg

moore4.jpg

henrik-lundqvist-celebrates-a-win-10-16.jpg

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Capitals are collapsing in front of Holtby. Have to find a way to get around 3 friggin goalies. Best bet would probably be to work the puck behind the net and cycle and then move the puck up high for a low shot that forces a rebound or a lucky deflection off of a player.

I'm nervous as everyone is for the mere fact that we're losing 2-1. However, I think they snap out of it and take the next 2.

I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad