Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals 3/10/13 - Boyle? Slapshot? Powerplay? Apocalypse.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Overrated? 11 days ago people wanted him shipped out?

That's the reactionary crowd. They want everyone shipped out after a bad game/start. There were even people saying they wanted Dubi/Arty back at one point. There's not much in between here at HFboards.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Was at the game with a fellow HF'er ;) . Absolute ****ing blast! Rangers traveled pretty well, Rangers jerseys all over the place. We got a few LGR chants going, then the hey, hey, heyheyhey goal song even a Potvin chant! :laugh:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Cally getting that Nash goal was BS. There was no way he deflected that shot. That shot was aimed top corner the whole way and didn't change any direction.

That's really my only gripe, oh that and the slow start. The slow starts have to stop.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Quote of Ovechkin:
“I know I trip him, the first one ... but I don’t know where he finds the second one,” Ovechkin said. “But it cost us the game.”

Washington coach Adam Oates had a beef with the second call as well.

“They said that he held the guy 10 seconds later, which obviously watching the tape, he didn’t,” Oates said.
--------------

I was not aware that Ovechkin was complaining a couple of hours before the game about being persecuted by the officials this season. I'm sure you can find his statements if you look for them.

He is playing like a jilted primadonna. Holding back his full effort because he is unhappy. A real suck, of less than stellar character.
For those who talk about trading Gaborik (or anyone) for this guy, consider what you wish for.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I saw a clear hook when McD powered around Ovi. But hey, if the Craps want to blame a 4-1 loss of reffing, then I'm all for it.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Don't know how you can say the third goal in a 4-1 game costs them the game, but that's their business I guess.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Just wanted to say, Ovechkin could have easily wrecked Stepan. Look what he did to Jagr...Stepan is about 3 smaller than Jaromir, I don't know why he didn't truck him but I would like to think it was a classy move, where he knew he would probably cause a concussion and didn't want to risk it. For that, I commend him, he has really regressed though. He is still dangerous with that shot, but his legs stopped following his hands it looks like.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
Agreed 100%

Also, I just watched Torts' post game and he really got me thinking. Imagine Hank was able to play the puck like Marty, I think it'd help soo much

He was a 7th round pick. You can't expect anything out of him :sarcasm:

On a serious note though. The way hank plays the puck, it's probably better if he doesn't

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The second call on Ovie was a little soft but they kinda made up for it with the penalty on Boyle

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was at the game, with my fiancee and soon-to-be stepson. It was his first game. Unfortunately for him and mommy, they are Caps fans. And love for them aside, you know I was starting LGR chants at every chance. ;)

Hey congrats on the engagement, big guy! :handclap:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Cally getting that Nash goal was BS. There was no way he deflected that shot. That shot was aimed top corner the whole way and didn't change any direction.

That's really my only gripe, oh that and the slow start. The slow starts have to stop.

I came here specifically to talk about that play. I saw it on replay again just now...how did they credit Callahan with that?

That needs to be changed. Its clearly Nash's goal.

*Bob Richards*

I've noticed that PGT's are significantly shorter after wins as opposed to losses.

You bums.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I saw a clear hook when McD powered around Ovi. But hey, if the Craps want to blame a 4-1 loss of reffing, then I'm all for it.
It was a soft call. But you've seen that called and also not called. He did have the stick up around the hands. They called it on callahan last week. I think it was the philly game but it was in the offensive zone and he was arguing it was a stick lift. So, it is what it is. But you can hardly blame the game on that call/goal. The caps game disappeared after the stepan goal. Holtby was bad.
Just wanted to say, Ovechkin could have easily wrecked Stepan. Look what he did to Jagr...Stepan is about 3 smaller than Jaromir, I don't know why he didn't truck him but I would like to think it was a classy move, where he knew he would probably cause a concussion and didn't want to risk it. For that, I commend him, he has really regressed though. He is still dangerous with that shot, but his legs stopped following his hands it looks like.
Yeah, I have to say I was shocked he didn't finish that check. Stepan has to be more careful. I don't think he would've got a hit to the head resulting in a concussion. I think it would've been a knee on knee hit because it looked like stepan knew he was there at the last second and was getting ready to side step him. Still would've been bad.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Two people gave votes to Lundqvist, who obviously was one of the stars of the game. Nobody can cheer like Hank!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad