Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals 3/10/13 - Boyle? Slapshot? Powerplay? Apocalypse.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Biron made one mistake today and it ended up in the net. He's been fantastic otherwise.

I thought today was going to be a LONG day after that first one went in. Really nice to see Marty rebound this way. Important game for him and the team.

I'm not saying you're wrong. But who would they replace him with? They need top 6 talent.

It depends on who is available, but I really do think that Gabby needs to be moved. I don't know if his disengaged play is injury related, laziness, or what, but it's getting harder to watch every game. And for those who don't believe a big time scorer would ever get moved in advance of a Cup run, I have two words for you:

Mike Gartner.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Slow start, really turned it around.

Biron had a solid showing. Boyle shows up for his one game after being scratched. We'll see how the next few go.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Brutal 10 minutes or so in the first to start the game. Have to admit, I was incredibly pissed at Marty to start. There's no way that should have went in. He really, REALLY, picked up his game though, it's because of a few huge Marty saves that the Rangers were able to seemingly win this one easily.

Semi-upset that Nash didn't score :laugh:

Satisfied with that win though. A solid road win. Gotta take the drive they used in the last 50 into Buffalo on Tuesday, and keep racking points.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Awful 1st period, better 2nd and flawless 3rd. I feel sad for Nash not getting his goal but he did get 2 assists. Also very nice to see McD back on track.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Three stars:

1. Biron
2. Boyle
3. McDonagh

HM: Hagelin

Biron came up huge in that 2nd period. Game could have easily been 3-3 or 4-3 Washington after the 2nd.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Happy with pretty much everyone with exception of Gabby. Gabby, yet again a passenger today.

Richards showing some life, had a couple good shifts. Still needs to get legs under him...

Biron played great...

Boyle played very well..

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Not gonna sit around and join in the trade Gaborik and Richards talks, but that game was good.

7th place with games in hand on every team ahead of us except for Boston. My goal is to cement ourselves AT LEAST at fifth in the upcoming games and slowly creep up.

*Bob Richards*

Marty had an excellent little series of saves in the 2nd. Had himself a great game. Great games by Nash, Callahan and Hagelin as per tradition. A good game for Boyle. More of a plot twist.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Good win after a dreadful start.

The good: Biron, the PP, the PK, Stepan, Boyle, Powe, McD was a beast, Nash keeps getting points, Richards put another in the net

The bad: Nothing really stands out, Girardi and MDZ weren't noticable much at all but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Gabby played timid for most of the game but looked to get more involved at the end.

The Redden: Daylight saving, can't believe it started at 3:30am...

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
good outing by Biron. Anyone know what the crest is on the chin of his mask?

Quebec coat of arms:
483px-Coat_of_arms_of_Qu%C3%A9bec.svg.png

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Great games from Biron, Nash, McD, and Cally.

Good games from Hags and Step.

Who the hell is #10 and what did he do with Gaborik?

I'll take a 4-1 road win any day of the week.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Awful 1st period, better 2nd and flawless 3rd. I feel sad for Nash not getting his goal but he did get 2 assists. Also very nice to see McD back on track.

Ehhhhh so what. I think that was going in anyway. Nash still just making everything happen out there. Remember, he was also the guy who brought the puck into the zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad