Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals 3/10/13 - Boyle? Slapshot? Powerplay? Apocalypse.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Nah. Fiancee doesn't like the Metro with the kid (little boy), so we drove and it took forever. LOL. I did see a lot more Rangers fans today than in the past few seasons though. So that was good.

I was the jerk waving goodbye to everyone and telling everyone to get home safely, thanks for coming, etc after the fourth goal. Infuriating Caps fans is second only to doing the same to Debbies fans for me. :laugh:

:laugh:

That's fantastic.

McDunna with Fries

Apr 9, 2012
I always found Caps fans to be classy, especially compared to Debbies fans. I went to the Verizon Center for one of the playoff games during our series against them last year and they were all pretty awesome people.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Nah. Fiancee doesn't like the Metro with the kid (little boy), so we drove and it took forever. LOL. I did see a lot more Rangers fans today than in the past few seasons though. So that was good.

I was the jerk waving goodbye to everyone and telling everyone to get home safely, thanks for coming, etc after the fourth goal. Infuriating Caps fans is second only to doing the same to Debbies fans for me. :laugh:

With all of the playoff series in recent history, it'll make for a pretty good division rivalry. Columbus will be something of a little brother team, whereas Carolina has the whole Staal thing going on.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I was at the game, with my fiancee and soon-to-be stepson. It was his first game. Unfortunately for him and mommy, they are Caps fans. And love for them aside, you know I was starting LGR chants at every chance. ;)

Conversion time.

Congrats, dude!

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
3 points behind 5th with 2 game in hand

win those, and we're back where we should be.

with how poorly the team has played overall, that's not a bad position to be in (of course we are also close to dropping out of the 8). Would have loved to have seen what this team could have done with full preseason...

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
The pack is so tight. We also have fewer games played than most. I think only Boston has less. Which just shows how damn good Boston has been.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
With all the love for Boyle, (I didn't watch the game btw, sleeping) was he actually that effective or are we all just giving him the thumbs up because of goal/GWG?

I was one of Boyle's first detractors (although not his biggest by any means). He played a great game today. There are games where he looks like a legitimate 3rd liner and this was one (only happened twice this year, the other came the night the Rangers signed Arnott). I hope he keeps it up.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
One goal from the top line (Richards). Two from the 2nd line ("cally", stepan) and one from the 4th line (Boyle). You can't ask for more balanced scoring then that.

*Bob Richards*

One goal from the top line (Richards). Two from the 2nd line ("cally", stepan) and one from the 4th line (Boyle). You can't ask for more balanced scoring then that.

One goal from the buyout line. (Richards)

Two from the third line. (Callahan/Stepan)

One from the marginal/borderline NHL players line. (Boyle)

:D

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
ARRRRGGGHHH! Not only did I miss the game today i had no idea they were playing I'm a terrible Ranger fan & I need to be punished HARSHLY!

Will there be a replay of this game since MSG did not carry it?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Also, I'm dying to see a Halpern/Powe goal. Those two really deserve to net one. Especially Halpern. The man kicks ass.
Agreed 100%

Also, I just watched Torts' post game and he really got me thinking. Imagine Hank was able to play the puck like Marty, I think it'd help soo much

Dorado*

Agreed 100%

Also, I just watched Torts' post game and he really got me thinking. Imagine Hank was able to play the puck like Marty, I think it'd help soo much

As great as Hank is at saving the puck and he's great his Inability to play it at all on dump ins out lots of pressure on our D Men and hurts our transition game. Look at how hard it is to get sustained pressure against Fatso when we dump it in

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Stepan's goal gave them much needed momentum and a boost of energy. That's where the praise for that goal needs to end however. He ruined an odd man rush and if you think that goal was anything but luck you are kidding yourself. Had that not gone in everyone would have been focusing on the fact he screwed up another odd man rush. That said, he's playing well overall and while I still feel he is overrated here on the boards, he's definitely a key component to this team's success right now.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Overrated? 11 days ago people wanted him shipped out?

Stepan's goal gave them much needed momentum and a boost of energy. That's where the praise for that goal needs to end however. He ruined an odd man rush and if you think that goal was anything but luck you are kidding yourself. Had that not gone in everyone would have been focusing on the fact he screwed up another odd man rush. That said, he's playing well overall and while I still feel he is overrated here on the boards, he's definitely a key component to this team's success right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad