Post-Game Talk: Rangers - Canucks: The Kids Are Alright!

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Talbot's play WASN'T amazing. He played like a good backup should. I don't remember the dire scoring chances he was apparently facing every rush down the ice.
I dotn think thats fair. talbot has had to make some great saves in his starts. I dont blame hank and I dont demand that talbot become the starter BUT so far this year Talbot has played better

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I dotn think thats fair. talbot has had to make some great saves in his starts. I dont blame hank and I dont demand that talbot become the starter BUT so far this year Talbot has played better

Which is his job. Nothing special about making some saves. What makes a goalie great is making those exceptional saves that determine the outcome of a game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Talbot's play WASN'T amazing. He played like a good backup should. I don't remember the dire scoring chances he was apparently facing every rush down the ice.

See this is the problem that I have. I read some people say that Lundqvist was great against Boston. How many chances did he face? Fewer than Talbot. But Lundqvist apparently bails his team out. Talbot faces a bunch of odd man rushes and he didn't do much. It's like Lundqvist gets the perception of his play elevated and Talbot diminished by some.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
See this is the problem that I have. I read some people say that Lundqvist was great against Boston. How many chances did he face? Fewer than Talbot. But Lundqvist apparently bails his team out. Talbot faces a bunch of odd man rushes and he didn't do much. It's like Lundqvist gets the perception of his play elevated and Talbot diminished by some.

I can readily agree to some of your constructive criticism to our #1 keeper (especially this year), but your mindless and unending rants here on The Kings mediocrity are getting to be enerving old news. What did he do - knock up your sister???

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can readily agree to some of your constructive criticism to our #1 keeper (especially this year), but your mindless and unending rants here on The Kings mediocrity are getting to be enerving old news. What did he do - knock up your sister???

What did I write that was so unreasonable? Lundqvist always apparently bails the team out even when his team allows point shot after point shot, but somehow Talbot who seemed to face an odd man rush a minute last game did nothing special.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
You missed the Boyle pissing match. This board seems to ***** even when the team wins one of their and most exciting games of the season.

Would you have stayed quiet if we managed to beat boston? Just because a team wins doesnt mean there isnt room for improvement. Boyle embarrassing himself these past 2 games should be open to criticism.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Would you have stayed quiet if we managed to beat boston? Just because a team wins doesnt mean there isnt room for improvement. Boyle embarrassing himself these past 2 games should be open to criticism.

I hate to add fuel to the endless Boyle arguments on this board, but the problem here isn't that he lost a fight. It's just how pathetic he looked doing it. Anyone else notice he couldn't even get his second glove off in both fights? He was obviously committed to fighting both times, no one jumped him from a blindside. And then he couldn't even stand up for longer than 2 seconds without falling down.

I applaud him for his initiative and I'd like to hope that he is just really really bad at it and not starting fights just to get scared 1 second into it. Maybe him and dorsett should practice a bit on how to maintain balance at the very least when someone else is pulling on your jersey. Would be great if he became someone that could initiate things like that from time to time, but he really needs to practice not falling down at the very least so he doesn't get needlessly concussed one of these days.

Either way, no reason to hate on him, he's playing hard and obviously is in it to win and has his team's back. Dude just needs to get a slight idea of what he's doing first.

Side note: who was that guy we had a few years back before Prust that would endlessly drop his gloves and be used for a punching bag every time? I can see his face, but the name eludes me.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Except goaltending and losing fights are completely not related. Boyle losing a fight when the game was over is such a non-issue it's almost laughable. Perhaps you should watch boxing if you care so much about fighting after the game is over.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Except goaltending and losing fights are completely not related. Boyle losing a fight when the game was over is such a non-issue it's almost laughable. Perhaps you should watch boxing if you care so much about fighting after the game is over.

Perhaps you should watch another team because you think so lowly of henrik? I would argue your perception of Lundvist in relation to his actual performance is laughable, and I have criticized hank this season to an extent, but your vendetta against him is a little creepy.

I mean I could care less about fighting in the game of hockey, I think its vastly overrated but a lot of people on here and around the NHL seem to love it and think its a necessity. The issue isn't that boyle fought when the game was over in a 5-2 win, if you buy into what the pro-fighting crowd says boyle being embarrassed leads to ******** like Sestito running around taking liberties with our team because they know worst comes to worst they have brian ****ing boyle to answer to.

Again I don't buy that cheapshot artists like Cooke are dissuaded based on having a goon on your team, but you seem to be missing the issue here.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Perhaps you should watch another team because you think so lowly of henrik? I would argue your perception of Lundvist in relation to his actual performance is laughable, and I have criticized hank this season to an extent, but your vendetta against him is a little creepy.

I mean I could care less about fighting in the game of hockey, I think its vastly overrated but a lot of people on here and around the NHL seem to love it and think its a necessity. The issue isn't that boyle fought when the game was over in a 5-2 win, if you buy into what the pro-fighting crowd says boyle being embarrassed leads to ******** like Sestito running around taking liberties with our team because they know worst comes to worst they have brian ****ing boyle to answer to.

Again I don't buy that cheapshot artists like Cooke are dissuaded based on having a goon on your team, but you seem to be missing the issue here.

Is it important enough to ***** about for half the thread? Goaltending actually is. The funny thing is that it seems like most posts are calling Boyle a disgrace for being a ****** fighter and not complaining about the team not having a fighter. Anyway, how many fighters did the Wings have and I must missed all of their skill players missing seasons because they got run.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I love it, because my opinion differs with everyone else's people are going crazy. It's amazing, can't disagree without people getting their going crazy.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
I love it, because my opinion differs with everyone else's people are going crazy. It's amazing, can't disagree without people getting their going crazy.

So it's ok for you to go on rants and take up pages upon pages of threads about hank, but if someone else wants to talk about something you deem inconsequential we are all crazy?

RangersHank*

So it's ok for you to go on rants and take up pages upon pages of threads about hank, but if someone else wants to talk about something you deem inconsequential we are all crazy?

Apparently yes, its ridiculous

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

At least Hank is relevant, but you have a point. At least I go rants about Hank when the Rangers lose. All I see is *****ing after one of our best wins of the season.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Tortorella was mad Kreider was the one who scored on the Edler turnover. Edler said the puck was bouncing. Tortorella lost his mind because it was Kreider.
Vancouver is a borderline playoff team. You could see that in the summer. Those three California teams are top notch. They will have to fight for a wildcard. No depth. Santorelli was great for them in October. Richardson was good too. Kassian hasn't developed for them. Did the twins and Kesler play yesterday? Kesler has fallen off. Burrows is struggling big time and is in the first year of a long-term deal.

Well that made that hat-trick that much sweeter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad