Post-Game Talk: Rangers - Canucks: The Kids Are Alright!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
First before, someone puts words in my mouth: This question is about style and not saying anything negative about Lundqvist, not saying whose style is better or who is the better goaltender.

Now then, is it just me or does Talbot's style have him rely more on positioning and Lundqvist is more of a mix between positioning and athleticism? It just seems like Talbot makes every save look incredibly easy, but maybe he doesn't have the athleticism to make some of the saves Lundqvist makes so it just looks that way.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
rough estimates here

this season:
rangers have scored 2.05 G/G in front of hank

rangers have scored 2.75 G/G with a backup in net

its astonishing how poorly they play in front of hank. its like they expect him to bail them out every game he plays. this pretty much proves the point that hank cannot let in more than 1 if he even wants a chance of winning the game.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
First before, someone puts words in my mouth: This question is about style and not saying anything negative about Lundqvist, not saying whose style is better or who is the better goaltender.

Now then, is it just me or does Talbot's style have him rely more on positioning and Lundqvist is more of a mix between positioning and athleticism? It just seems like Talbot makes every save look incredibly easy, but maybe he doesn't have the athleticism to make some of the saves Lundqvist makes so it just looks that way.

talbot plays a style that a lot of goalies play today. it relies on positioning and size. look at bishop smith etc. hank plays a style where he is deeper in his net and relies more on his speed, athleticism and talent.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
rough estimates here

this season:

its astonishing how poorly they play in front of hank. its like they expect him to bail them out every game he plays. this pretty much proves the point that hank cannot let in more than 1 if he even wants a chance of winning the game.

That's a lazy lazy way of looking at it. Did they play poorly and expect Hank to bail them out against the Bruins in the first game? Or even the Devils in the second game? This team lacks in finishers. Since their poor start I'd say they've outplayed the other team more often than that. They just haven't scored. What a reach to just look at goals per game. Effort and Goals per game are not directly correlated, due to goaltending probably less than any other sport.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
talbot plays a style that a lot of goalies play today. it relies on positioning and size. look at bishop smith etc. hank plays a style where he is deeper in his net and relies more on his speed, athleticism and talent.

Did Roy play that style with the Avs (looked more athletic with the Habs)? I remember when I first started watching hockey and didn't understand that it was his style I thought he was massively overrated because every shot seemed to not be dangerous. So it looked like he never had to make a tough save unless he gave up a goal.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
think outside the box...

who really had more of an impact on the decision of this game?

isn't that what matters most ?

is the glamour of something called a hat trick?

... how many minutes was kreider on the ice?

how much help did he have in scoring those goals?

how many legit scoring chances did talbot stop because of the odd man rushes and turnovers made in yesterdays game?

Dude. You voted for Kreider in the poll? Are you having PTSD from your "incorrect" vote, guilty conscience maybe?

:laugh:

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Seriously? We won by 3 goals. How many goals did Kreider have?

Talbot played well, but this wasn't a stolen game. He didn't go beast mode, or stand on his head. He had a good game. He shouldn't lose credit for it, he did his job.

Put your hilarious agenda against the best goaltender the Rangers have ever had aside.

I think his poise, size and positioning in combination is a good is quite a force. We'll probably not see him doing too many head stands, but that doesn't make him less effective / impressive. Not to put him up against Hank, but so far this season him and Kreider are fantastic additions to this team, and in great timing.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
rough estimates here

this season:

It's the complete opposite. They play with more confidence in front of Talbot whereas they seem to be playing hesitant with Hank.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Someone is now arguing that three goals in a game were not important.

I have seen it all now.

People will always look for something to ***** about. How many times have we seen people complain we never score EN goals? Like it makes a difference...

Kreider scored his first NHL hattrick and that's amazing. Great game from a lot of players but Kreider deserves the credits

Pastafazul*

Seriously? We won by 3 goals. How many goals did Kreider have?

Talbot played well, but this wasn't a stolen game. He didn't go beast mode, or stand on his head. He had a good game. He shouldn't lose credit for it, he did his job.

Put your hilarious agenda against the best goaltender the Rangers have ever had aside.

did he score the first 3?

right now talbot is the better goalie, if u don't agree u have the hilarious agenda

our defense let up more odd rushes and had more To's then in any game as of late, did u not hear michelletti?

Pastafazul*

People will always look for something to ***** about. How many times have we seen people complain we never score EN goals? Like it makes a difference...

Kreider scored his first NHL hattrick and that's amazing. Great game from a lot of players but Kreider deserves the credits

it is amazing, and it was a major contribution to a rangers victory, talbots play also was amazing for a guy who does not play everyday, i'm sure that makes absolutley no sense to you.

RangersHank*

it is amazing, and it was a major contribution to a rangers victory, talbots play also was amazing for a guy who does not play everyday, i'm sure that makes absolutley no sense to you.

When the team scores 5 goals and a kid gets a hat trick, no goalie in the world will get alot of votes. Talbot was great, but 5 goals were scored, period.

Pastafazul*

When the team scores 5 goals and a kid gets a hat trick, no goalie in the world will get alot of votes. Talbot was great, but 5 goals were scored, period.

and i agree with that 100%, talbots deserved more then just 9 is all

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Am I saying Talbot's play was not amazing? Just read it again. I was responding to people talking down the game Kreider had with 3 goals.

Even outside his 3 oals Kreider played a good game. He was definitely the no. 1 star in this game but Talbot a close second.

Pastafazul*

Am I saying Talbot's play was not amazing? Just read it again. I was responding to people talking down the game Kreider had with 3 goals.

Even outside his 3 oals Kreider played a good game. He was definitely the no. 1 star in this game but Talbot a close second.

who talked down krieders game?

Pastafazul*

Dude. You voted for Kreider in the poll? Are you having PTSD from your "incorrect" vote, guilty conscience maybe?

:laugh:

i was decieved, it was your 3, u could only vote 1, kreider's name came 1st.... i think we should have a second poll

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
and i agree with that 100%, talbots deserved more then just 9 is all

Talbot not getting more votes doesn't mean people didn't think he played a good game. It means that people thought Kreider clearly played a better game, but however much or little.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Talbot's play WASN'T amazing. He played like a good backup should. I don't remember the dire scoring chances he was apparently facing every rush down the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad