Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canadiens | 3/30/13 | March 17th, 2009 Is All I Have To Say

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
Gotta feel sorry for you guys.

Always a class act and shame that the Rangers are sucking a big one.

Question: How big of an impact do you guys think Prust was for your team?

Most of us Habs fans didn't think much of it and thought that we may have over paid for him, but to be honest, he turned out to have been worth every penny. Never thought I'd see the day that a 3rd liner had such a positive impact on a team.

I'm also of the mind that signing Gaborik had always been a mistake (although signing Gomez was not exactly the best of moves either) as that guy never shows up to important games. That's how he was in Minny and that's what you're getting in NYC.

What the hell happened to McDonaugh? Is it possible that since he got laid out and got concussed (he did get a concussion right?) he's changed his game?

Kershaw

Gotta feel sorry for you guys.

Always a class act and shame that the Rangers are sucking a big one.

Question: How big of an impact do you guys think Prust was for your team?

Most of us Habs fans didn't think much of it and thought that we may have over paid for him, but to be honest, he turned out to have been worth every penny. Never thought I'd see the day that a 3rd liner had such a positive impact on a team.

I'm also of the mind that signing Gaborik had always been a mistake (although signing Gomez was not exactly the best of moves either) as that guy never shows up to important games. That's how he was in Minny and that's what you're getting in NYC.

What the hell happened to McDonaugh? Is it possible that since he got laid out and got concussed (he did get a concussion right?) he's changed his game?

You sure know how to rub salt in the wounds!

Yes, we miss Prust like crazy. Our team, specially the bottom 6 is lacking a player with killer instinct like him.

Gaborik wasn't a mistake. He was the most productive player here and a premium goal scoring winger. He is no Gomez or Drury.

McDonagh hasn't been the same since that Paccioretty hit. He has made 2x as many mistakes this season than he did in all of last season. Probably playing through concussion like syndrome.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This season can go to hell.

Let's pretend there was a year long lockout, it never happened, and we'll try again next year.

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
You sure know how to rub salt in the wounds!

Yes, we miss Prust like crazy. Our team, specially the bottom 6 is lacking a player with killer instinct like him.

Gaborik wasn't a mistake. He was the most productive player here and a premium goal scoring winger. He is no Gomez or Drury.

McDonagh hasn't been the same since that Paccioretty hit. He has made 2x as many mistakes this season than he did in all of last season. Probably playing through concussion like syndrome.

Aww man, sorry didn't mean to rub salt in the wounds. I know how it feels to see your team suck a big one when you KNOW that there's so much talent there.

Well considering that Gabs is playing on the third line and barely getting any ice time, I would assume that that would affect his scoring abilities (wtf is he doing on the third line anyways?).

Richards being a ghost doesn't help matters either. Hey, isn't Lindy Ruff available? Maybe the Rangers should consider dumping Torts and going for him...

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Zuc looked very good but let's see if it's just adrenaline from the first game back. I'm not saying he's gonna regress but sometimes that first game back or up in the NHL a player has that extra jump and is playing at 110% which is why he could've looked so much better than everyone else.

I'm not really scared of that Montreal team in the playoffs. So many young players and other than Prust/Emmelin/Subban they're not that tough. You rough them up, beat them up and crash the net against Price and it will rattle them. They're mostly smurfs. Kinda like the Rangers versus the Kings in 1981 when the Kings had a much better record but the Rangers beat them up.

Make some deals to stir up the room by Wednesday. Bring in J. Jokkinen, Torres, and if Gabby gotta go, he gotta go. Get Boyle/Pyatt out of here too and although I like Asham, if someone wants him, trade him.

Not only have the Rangers lost 8 straight in Bell Centre, they have not scored a SINGLE GOAL in the last four there. If we somehow get the 7th seed, Montreal would be up 2-0 on us before we went home, and at best we would lose in 7. And believe me, we're not taking three at home.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
The roster is littered with guys without a history of putting up points.

I'm not a torts guy but the blame for the roster is 100% Sather.

By the way, how many points did Gabs get tonight? What is his excuse tonight?

That he's never been good at break aways.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
only person more overrated than sean avery by ranger fans is brandon prust. yeah his 5 goals is exactly what this team needs. hes a hard worker and a great team guy but we do not miss him as much as you people think.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Just watched the game on GCL, and Nash got absolutly shut down.

I personally thought Zuccarello-Richards-Gaborik did well, despite Montreal playing a really good defensive game. I think the game would have been very different without the first two goals, allowing Montreal to cruise into the win.

I haven't watched that many games this year, but compared to the few I've seen before, and especially in the first period, the Rangers played with skill, and should have been rewarded multiple times if Carey Price weren't that damned good. That Subban is playing the way he is isn't making things easier either.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
When it comes to a hockey team not playing well, you can usually attribute it to one of three things. Those things are either the coach, players, or GM not doing their job. For the first time in as long as I can remember, the Rangers have all three of those groups not doing their job. It's simply been disgusting hockey to watch, save the odd game that they beat up on teams that are even more flawed. Highly paid forwards that are grossly underperforming. A defense that doesn't clear the goalie's crease. I wouldn't be shocked if Lundqvist wants out next season and tests free agency. It's depressing watching his post game interviews. A player with his talent and fire to win deserves much better. It's astounding that the team is still holding onto a playoff spot in 8th place. This team will never do anything until a true rebuild is done, not the band-aids that Sather applies year after year to cover organizational sinkholes. I'm done caring until this organization shows some sort of intent to change things in a non half-assed way. I don't know why I could possibly be writing this other than for the fact that I've been up 22 straight hours and I'm in dire need of sleep, but again, I don't care.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
only person more overrated than sean avery by ranger fans is brandon prust. yeah his 5 goals is exactly what this team needs. hes a hard worker and a great team guy but we do not miss him as much as you people think.

You know who we really miss?

Brad Richards: 25 goals
Ryan Callahan: 29 goals
Marian Gaborik: 41 goals

That's who we miss.

When it comes to a hockey team not playing well, you can usually attribute it to one of three things. Those things are either the coach, players, or GM not doing their job. For the first time in as long as I can remember, the Rangers have all three of those groups not doing their job. It's simply been disgusting hockey to watch, save the odd game that they beat up on teams that are even more flawed. Highly paid forwards that are grossly underperforming. A defense that doesn't clear the goalie's crease. I wouldn't be shocked if Lundqvist wants out next season and tests free agency. It's depressing watching his post game interviews. A player with his talent and fire to win deserves much better. It's astounding that the team is still holding onto a playoff spot in 8th place. This team will never do anything until a true rebuild is done, not the band-aids that Sather applies year after year to cover organizational sinkholes. I'm done caring until this organization shows some sort of intent to change things in a non half-assed way. I don't know why I could possibly be writing this other than for the fact that I've been up 22 straight hours and I'm in dire need of sleep, but again, I don't care.

Yeah, you know, I'm really beginning to wonder exactly what the **** is going on below us in the standings. I mean, are they killing each other with spears? How can 7 teams be worse than this?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Yeah, you know, I'm really beginning to wonder exactly what the **** is going on below us in the standings. I mean, are they killing each other with spears? How can 7 teams be worse than this?

Look at awful the Flyers looked compared to us Tuesday night. Rangers are 4-12-1 vs teams in front of them, and 12-3-2 vs teams below us. 14 games left, 7 vs teams above us and 7 vs teams below us.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Honestly, watched the replay.

That was far from the worst game we've played this year. There was actually quite a bit of offense from the start.

Miller hits the post.
Gaborik fails his break away.
Price ROBS JT after Cally's centering pass.
Miller hits the Crossbar
Cally in front on the powerplay
Price great save on Cally in front of the net.
Richards and Gaborik 2 on 1 (where richards decides to shoot, for some reason.)
Price comes out and stops Girardi
Emminger creates a rebound that Price jedi'd away.

You'd think ONE of those would go in :shakehead

Last edited:

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012

They never said concussion, but it probably was. His play has definitely been off since that hit. It's a shame - he was fun to watch. Now he looks overwhelmed, like the rest of the team.

Apr 10, 2012
Honestly, watched the replay.

That was far from the worst game we've played this year. There was actually quite a bit of offense from the start.

Miller hits the post.
Gaborik fails his break away.
Price ROBS JT after Cally's centering pass.
Miller hits the Crossbar
Price great save on Cally in front of the net.
Richards and Gaborik 2 on 1 (where richards decides to shoot, for some reason.)
Price comes out and stops Girardi
Emminger creates a rebound that Price jedi'd away.

You'd think ONE of those would go in :shakehead

last season it seemed like we got EVERY bounce and that's why we won so many... this season we'd be lucky to buy 1

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
Look at awful the Flyers looked compared to us Tuesday night. Rangers are 4-12-1 vs teams in front of them, and 12-3-2 vs teams below us. 14 games left, 7 vs teams above us and 7 vs teams below us.

At that pace the Rangers get to 49 points. Does that make the playoffs? I think the cutoff will be 49-51.

I guess I would prefer they make the playoffs. I don't think anything good (or better) will come from not making the playoffs. If they get it they will be fortunate to win 1 game in the first round.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Man, that Gallagher kid is damn impressive. Can't help but love his no-quit attitude out there. If this team played with half of that little guy's intensity, we'd be unstoppable.

NHRangerfan

They had access, the only thing is they had to pay the regular rental fee for facilities. All players in the league had access to their own facilities just like any public group.

Players throughout the league were only able to rent the ice at team training facilities, they had no access to any other part of the facilities during the lockout

NHRangerfan

So because Avery was ineffective its the coaches fault? You realize no other teams wanted him right? Torts gave him more of a chance than probably 29 other coaches would have.

Really don't want to relive the Avery debate but remember there wasn't a whole lot of interest in Jagr when the Caps were trying to dump him...the rap on him in Washington was he was a quitter and a locker room cancer, NHL GM's are a pretty buttoned up group so a guy like Avery with a big mouth doesn't sit well with them.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
At that pace the Rangers get to 49 points. Does that make the playoffs? I think the cutoff will be 49-51.

I guess I would prefer they make the playoffs. I don't think anything good (or better) will come from not making the playoffs. If they get it they will be fortunate to win 1 game in the first round.

On the NHLN they said that 53, 54 may be need it.

Dorado*

Man, that Gallagher kid is damn impressive. Can't help but love his no-quit attitude out there. If this team played with half of that little guy's intensity, we'd be unstoppable.
I'd like to think that if Chris Thomas was brought up and allowed to play a hawk the puck hint down the puck to to the net style devoid of worrying 100% about play away from the puck positionaly and more about pressure and creating we could have a similar player in Him .
This team seems constipated and in need of some laxative , a good start would be a fresh voice from coaching . I don't care if its Ron Duguay of L Ron Hubbard but anything to purge them if whatever is causing professional hockey players to struggle so mightily to score a goal

NHRangerfan

We never recovered from the bad start, got stressed and forgot How to attack the goal..

This.
Nobody drives to the net, we always have 3 guys on the boards cycling with no net presence.
We rarely take the body in our own zone, its just too easy for other teams to play in our end, instead of staying up and knocking guys on their keisters during net mouth scrambles our dmen play goaltender.
We have a Vezina winning goaltender, stop going down to block shots.

Last rant how many more games against Montreal is this team going to let Emelin abuse our players with no response? You know you're getting close to hitting bottom when the Habs are abusing you physically

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad