Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canadiens | 3/30/13 | March 17th, 2009 Is All I Have To Say

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
That's not French :P

Anyway, as I said, the guy probably has more inside info than any of us. He's very good friends with Lundqvist and probably quite a few other Rangers. If the players hate the coach, he'd probably know about it. Whether he's actually passing on that knowledge or just taking a shot at a coach that he doesn't like is another story.

Pretty sure Stepan just summed up how much "inside info" Avery has

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
I'm really sick of the Avery groupies. Please GTFO. He has nothing to do with hockey. Inside information? What #$%&ing fantasy land are you living in?

He has nothing to do with hockey anymore. Please talk about him sonmewhere else.

HE IS NOT RELEVANT!

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
I think after a season like we're having, there are lot's of things that have gone wrong, and it's not SOLELY Tort's fault. I agree that he needs to adapt, but it's obvious that the team is still playing hard and have not laid down and given up on him (at least for now).
2 things that stand out for me are the lack of confidence and the fact that we are very thin/lack depth, especially on out bottom 6.
You can clearly see the lack of confidence on the team on and off the ice (bench). Also, the bottom 6 is just atrocious, and brings absolutely nothing to the team. No scoring. No energy. No toughness. Nothing!
I just hope that we stand pat this trade deadline, except if we can unload some useless players such as Pyatt and we seriously need to evaluate Richard's future, because its really painful to watch him now.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I give up. This team can't score, the system doesn't work, the big names don't step up and the fans care more than the players do.

Lundqvist will single handedly get them into the playoffs, and we'll go down quickly and quietly to Pittsburgh or Montreal. For a team that was the favorite coming in, they should be ashamed of themselves.

*Bob Richards*

Hank will carry us to the post season where he will promptly post 16 consecutive shutouts.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Hank will carry us to the post season where he will promptly post 16 consecutive shutouts.

In all seriousness though, I don't believe we deserve to be a playoff team in any way shape or form.

It's not your 2012 team anymore. I loved that team, and can't believe it's so different 10 months later. Not even fun to root for them right now.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It might be time for a change, but I cannot see them doing that. The team played well tonight. A couple posts and some quality chances. Price was unreal as he always is against us in MTL. Time is running out and getting 8th is a death sentence. Luckily, nobody is running up from behind to take this spot. Carolina is okay. Isles are the Isles. Nobody else is there. All that matters would be getting in. I do not want that pick by Columbus becoming a top pick in the draft. Make a deal for a 3rd line center and a D at the deadline. Don't give up much doing it.

They just need to score early against Winnipeg. Get it out of their system that they cannot score. Oh and Biron was terribad tonight. Hank needs to play next time in MTL. Get rid of all the ghosts. Do not baby him there. At some point he will need to play and win there. It's nice Biron gets to play in his hometown, but that should not factor in.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
In all seriousness though, I don't believe we deserve to be a playoff team in any way shape or form.

It's not your 2012 team anymore. I loved that team, and can't believe it's so different 10 months later. Not even fun to root for them right now.

They're just not likable lately. If the Rangers were trying their ***** off and still losing, we wouldn't be talking about blowing everything up.

hella rights

Oct 9, 2006
Is it weird to anybody else that zuccarello could step in and instantly be our best player? Did he get better? Or has everyone else regressed that much?

Punxrocknyc19*

Is it weird to anybody else that zuccarello could step in and instantly be our best player? Did he get better? Or has everyone else regressed that much?

maybe everyones bad play made Zuccarello look good. :help: i hope he did improve...

BarbaraAlphanse

I really don't understand all the Torts support. Baffles me. He's not the entire blame, he may not even be the majority of blame for this season, but he's got a substantial amount.

Mindlessly throwing your body in front of a puck is not hockey. We are not a fun team to watch. We werent last year - what made last year so special was the comrodorie the team had and how special that made it for them and the fans alike. They fought, they were a nitty tough NY team, with added character from getting to know them through HBO... but there was nothing fun about them.

I watched a Kings Blackhawks game last week and it was so refreshing to be able to watch a game like that. Their styles were fluid and created so much more offense and offensive threats. Both teams had a lot more intensity than the Rangers have had for the majority of this season, both will make it farther than the Rangers (most likely) in the playoffs this season, both have won cups in the last 5 years playing these same exact systems.

When's it going to become apparent to everyone here that this current system is actually not "the right way" to play hockey?

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
I really don't understand all the Torts support. Baffles me. He's not the entire blame, he may not even be the majority of blame for this season, but he's got a substantial amount.

Mindlessly throwing your body in front of a puck is not hockey. We are not a fun team to watch. We werent last year - what made last year so special was the comrodorie the team had and how special that made it for them and the fans alike. They fought, they were a nitty tough NY team, with added character from getting to know them through HBO... but there was nothing fun about them.

I watched a Kings Blackhawks game last week and it was so refreshing to be able to watch a game like that. Their styles were fluid and created so much more offense and offensive threats. Both teams had a lot more intensity than the Rangers have had for the majority of this season, both will make it farther than the Rangers (most likely) in the playoffs this season, both have won cups in the last 5 years playing these same exact systems.

When's it going to become apparent to everyone here that this current system is actually not "the right way" to play hockey?

A couple of months ago....

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Sean Avery lacks tact and respect.

In other news, birds chip, sky is blue, earth spins, and the Rangers lose again.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Good on Stepan:

All that is, is saying the right things. It has no bearing on fact necessarily. Now this is not to say that I think Torts is the reason for all of this... I don't. Partially? You bet! But its not all on him. To think that stepan would say "Yeah that Aves was always a sharp, plugged in dude who had his hand on the pulse of this team... He's dead on, balls accurate again" is a complete fantasy.

People need to get back to reality.

Aves always wants attention. He knows this would get him some. It worked... Writers will ask. It's their job.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Pretty sure Stepan just summed up how much "inside info" Avery has

Really? What do you expect Stepan to say? "Richie and Gabby blow chunks this year, that's why we are losing." Or "Torts is an a-hole, and Avery is correct. None of us can stand that pr*ck?" He is going to toe the company line regardless of what he truly thinks or he will be traded himself. Avery IS a complete tool. But so is John Tortorella. And John Tortorella is not putting his players in position for them to achieve the best results.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Zuc looked very good but let's see if it's just adrenaline from the first game back. I'm not saying he's gonna regress but sometimes that first game back or up in the NHL a player has that extra jump and is playing at 110% which is why he could've looked so much better than everyone else.

I'm not really scared of that Montreal team in the playoffs. So many young players and other than Prust/Emmelin/Subban they're not that tough. You rough them up, beat them up and crash the net against Price and it will rattle them. They're mostly smurfs. Kinda like the Rangers versus the Kings in 1981 when the Kings had a much better record but the Rangers beat them up.

Make some deals to stir up the room by Wednesday. Bring in J. Jokkinen, Torres, and if Gabby gotta go, he gotta go. Get Boyle/Pyatt out of here too and although I like Asham, if someone wants him, trade him.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Really? What do you expect Stepan to say? "Richie and Gabby blow chunks this year, that's why we are losing." Or "Torts is an a-hole, and Avery is correct. None of us can stand that pr*ck?" He is going to toe the company line regardless of what he truly thinks or he will be traded himself. Avery IS a complete tool. But so is John Tortorella. And John Tortorella is not putting his players in position for them to achieve the best results.

See torts thread for my answer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad