Post-Game Talk: Rangers/Canadiens 2/23/2013

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Gaborik barely ever takes penalties so you keep him off the ice for the entire 3rd period? At this point I'm glad he didn't play just so he wasn't added to the body count we've piled up.

I guess getting called for a BS penalty was worth getting benched to "send a message".

Bye Torts. Tired of your crap.

Bardof425*

Gaborik barely ever takes penalties so you keep him off the ice for the entire 3rd period? At this point I'm glad he didn't play just so he wasn't added to the body count we've piled up.

I agree 100%. Since when is taking a penalty a reason to bench a 40 goal scorer when you are down by three goals. It seems like anyone who takes a penalty late in the second watches the rest of the game. What a dope Torts is. I am embarrassed like no other time in my 40 years rooting for the Rangers.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Half of the habs fans base are a bunch of idiots. Don't mind them they piss me off at lot too. We are the team with the most bandwagoners in the league.

Rangers are still making the playoffs, hope Mcdo and Girardi are okay but why does Tortorella put Girardi when the game is over on the 5 on 3? It was not a great decision.

You get the point.........

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Let me guess:

"We need to put forth a better effort for a full 60 minutes."

He seems to be sound board full of platitudes as of late.

Exactly it. "They came out with fire in the 2nd period, we knew they would. blah blah blah" No, you ****s forgot to change your tampons and got run over by a weak ass small team.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
i now fully believe this team NEEDS a full training camp with exhibition games to become a close knit group and learn how to play as New York Rangers! this lockout i thought would hurt the Rangers and sure enough it has!

But no excuse, gotta find a way!!!

*Bob Richards*

The decimation of our teams health this season is something to behold.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I agree 100%. Since when is taking a penalty a reason to bench a 40 goal scorer when you are down by three goals. It seems like anyone who takes a penalty late in the second watches the rest of the game. What a dope Torts is. I am embarrassed like no other time in my 40 years rooting for the Rangers.

Unless your Brian Boyle. He takes a penalty that leads to a goal, Boyle is out there the following shift.

Boyle directly responsible for a goal. Eh whatever, the jolly green giant will explode for 20 goals. You'll see...

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
How could you not be just raging mad after seeing your teammate get boarded like that and that a-hole Pacioretty smiling like a hometown hero and getting two minutes.

I mean, wouldn't you be furious and not care how big you are or how well you fight, wouldn't you just go punch Pac in the face?

I know for a fact that I would if I was out there.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
i now fully believe this team NEEDS a full training camp with exhibition games to become a close knit group and learn how to play as New York Rangers! this lockout i thought would hurt the Rangers and sure enough it has!

But no excuse, gotta find a way!!!

Every team is dealing with this. Can't use it as an excuse. Have to do something about it

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Can someone confirm that Habs fans were chanting "Marty" when he lay down on the ice? What a ****ing landfill of a city. Really inching closer to Philly.

Yep, they were. Habs fans have a habit of mercilessly taunting any Quebec-born players who have the audacity not to play for Montreal.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
How could you not be just raging mad after seeing your teammate get boarded like that and that a-hole Pacioretty smiling like a hometown hero and getting two minutes.

I mean, wouldn't you be furious and not care how big you are or how well you fight, wouldn't you just go punch Pac in the face?

I know for a fact that I would if I was out there.

really infuriating.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
It's a shame, cause when looking at the schedule, I thought the next few games would be when we can start getting a streak put together; but, who knows if that's possible at this point now.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Exactly it. "They came out with fire in the 2nd period, we knew they would. blah blah blah" No, you ****s forgot to change your tampons and got run over by a weak ass small team.

I know its amazing, the Rangers got pushed around by a japanese rugby team.

Habitant by heart

Nov 18, 2012
Can someone confirm that Habs fans were chanting "Marty" when he lay down on the ice? What a ****ing landfill of a city. Really inching closer to Philly.

Habs fan in peace.
Yes they did yell Biron's name. :shakehead
But they congratulated Girardi for getting back up :)

And they were ribbing Eller because last time he was picked first star, he ended staying on the ice for like 5 minutes (when he had scored 4 goals). Therrien was laughing at that too. Nothing to see there.

Also, Habs fans in the Bell Center are mostly loud an dumb.
Don't generalize it on everyone.

On a brighter note, the Thomas kid looked good. Don't know if he's a highly touted prospect or not, but not bad :)

Balej20

Jan 4, 2013
Close game, almost had that one.

Saw a lot of good things, but we couldn't cash in on any of those great scoring chances. Top line played great, as did our our bottom D pair.

Put this one on the burner and come out with the same effort next game.

Not sure if serious...

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Listen folks, all we need is more jam. Also, shot blocking; the Rangers need more shot blocking. That will help them score more goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad