Confirmed with Link: Rangers Buy Out Contract of Henrik Lundqvist

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Pretty disgraceful how they bought him out and then roll out the blue carpet. "you'll forever be a ranger! We love you! But good luck with your future endeavors!"

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If he wants to go west, Colorado would be a great spot. They were down to Michael Hutchinson in the playoffs this year after Grubaeur was hurt and Francousz then came in an played like ass and got hurt himself. That team is stacked and Hank would be a great 1B option there.

I know he's nowhere near what he was but I could totally see him bouncing back and being effective on a good team.

Reactions: nihlify

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Robed, crowned and throned, He wove His spell,
Where heart-blood beat or hearth-smoke curled,
With unconsidered miracle,
Hedged in a backward-gazing world;
Then taught His chosen bard to say:
"Our King was with us -- yesterday!"

Goodbye Hank.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Lolollll, hahahaha

CasusBelli said:
Brodeur played in St Louis. Hasek moved to Detroit. Anything can happen.​

NYSPORTS said:
com’on, Brodeur played only seven games while Hasek was still playing well and added to a Power house.

that’s all that was said until you chimed in with “4 games” and hijacked yet another message despite Hasek playing for years in Motor City lol

Sry to those who want to talk hockey. We’ll talk Hank or whatever is hockey related.

Hanging up on this caller . . . back afta dis

Nice selective editing. All that was said. Hooookaaayyyy.

What you left out was that Casus initially replied to this:

"i can’t see Hank in an unfamiliar locker room knowing he’s not the player he once was. He’s no legend among most on another team. He’s an old goalie who once played in the Finals.

Retire"

You're 'Hanging up on this caller" because, just like Mike, you're not making any f***ing sense.

If Brodeur and Hasek still had game enough to play somewhere, and one guy win, in their 40's then so does Lundqvist. He should only retire if he wants to.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Pretty disgraceful how they bought him out and then roll out the blue carpet. "you'll forever be a ranger! We love you! But good luck with your future endeavors!"
How so? Buying him out is the nicest thing to do - gives him all his money and let’s him sign wherever he wants without having the cap hit that would make him unable to go almost anywhere

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
How so? Buying him out is the nicest thing to do - gives him all his money and let’s him sign wherever he wants without having the cap hit that would make him unable to go almost anywhere

So classless of the Rangers to discuss options with Hank and have him be in on the entire process, give him his money and then let him walk and give him the option to go to another team if he so chooses.

Why waste your time with jackass fans of another team. They have the mainboard for that.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Washington is a good place for Hank. It's just under 3 hours on the Accela from NYC to DC. If the family is going to be staying in NY he could travel quite conveniently from DC to NY. You know Henrik is a competitive warrior, and that's something that the WSH locker room needs. But at this stage he can take his time and not wear his body out before the games start to matter more.

The great thing about not being under a contract and the traditional hockey schedule is... Henrik gets to time when that hot streak happens... without a fatigued body.

Will be curious to see if he takes his time and joins a team later in the season.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I think he wanted to be bought out if there wasn’t a trade available. I like your avatar btw

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I hope he can find a good fit and wins a cup. He sure deserves one.
I was happy to see Ovy finally win a Cup. I hated him early on, but over the years I’ve grown a certain amount of respect for him.

A lot of my personal friends are Isles + Devils fans, and despite their hatred for our organization, they’d like to see Hank win the Cup too. That there speaks volumes about Hank.

Reactions: motopanekeku

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If Hank didn’t want to do that for Shesterkin why would he want to do it for Samsonov?
In answer to your question.....the only thing I could come up with is, playing somewhere else, other than NY. Not a personal thing betwixt Samsanov and Igor.
Being the King in NY is the highest honor. Being the backup and so called "riding off into the sunset" as a backup somewhere else, in his mind...... isnt relinquishing his N.Y. chair, nor stepping down off of it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
In answer to your question.....the only thing I could come up with is, playing somewhere else, other than NY. Not a personal thing betwixt Samsanov and Igor.
Being the King in NY is the highest honor. Being the backup and so called "riding off into the sunset" as a backup somewhere else, in his mind...... isnt relinquishing his N.Y. chair, nor stepping down off of it.

Way more ego in that answer than I would want in my locker room at this point and I agree with you. If that’s the case then he just didn’t want to be a back up here but would be somewhere else.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He just doesn't want to go into a situation where he's playing only 20 games. He still wants to be a difference maker. I mention these teams specifically because they have good defense (sub 2.85 ga/gp) and Hank needs to have a solid defense in front of him to be his best. That's when he shines. When he's left high and dry, he'll still make a spectacular save from time to time but I think he becomes more prone to bad goals then.
Bingo. But that can be true for mostly any goaltender, right?
Thing is, it really would allow Hank to "trust" and not have to over anticipate. When you have doubts about the capabilities of your defense......opens up holes everywhere including his "3 hole", regardless of how well endowed. Haha.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I put the Caps above all those teams other than maybe the Devils.

Islanders will get there in the coming years but we haven't really lived through a legit Rangers/Islanders time period of us both being good.

Flyers are the team I really have no distain for at all.
Then you must be very young. Most oldtimers hate them and the Bruins even before the Islanders were a sparkle in the Nassau Colisuem's overhead scoreboard.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Then you must be very young. Most oldtimers hate them and the Bruins even before the Islanders were a sparkle in the Nassau Colisuem's overhead scoreboard.

no distain for the Broad Street bullies? There was a Spectrum in Philadelphia? How times have changed.

and for the sake of this post, the great, great voice of the Rangers who will never be replaced IMO, Jim Gordon

Last edited:

fm

Jul 28, 2016
Obviously Hank wants to start. You have to figure he thinks he can knock Samsonov down to at least a tandem -- wasn't going to happen here with Igor, so that's why they cut him loose and kept Georgi

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Hank should be going to Colorado if he wants to play and potentially win the Cup.

I also feel that would make most sense. Avalanche goalie depth is shaky at best. (Although I like Grubauer)

On the other hand, if there is such a pool of goalies, I find Hank to be a very risky option compared to all the others.

Really depends if a team believe he still has it.

Hanks an idiot if he goes to WSH. They're not winning a cup. Hope he's smarter than that

Add another (me) to camp "WSH has Samsonov and no need for Hank"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad