Confirmed with Link: Rangers Buy Out Contract of Henrik Lundqvist

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
We're going to be ripping JD if Hank plays lights out for them.....Guess we'll see.
Imo this is only a problem if he outperforms Igor over the course of the year or if he is directly responsible for the caps beating the Rangers in key games. Both seem pretty unlikely imo

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Happened to Callahan and Girardi this year with the Bolts. They basically went to the playoffs every season of their careers, and then their team wins the Cup right after they retire.
Yes, I can clearly see how NYR go straight for the cup the year the blueline is bolstered with such quality as Jack Johnson.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Will we see Nevesis continuously explaining why it's never Lundqvist's fault and on which team's board will he be doing that, NYR or WAS?

Last edited:
Reactions: Roric

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Is there any intelligence on which other teams, if any, were interested in signing Henrik to be 1 or 1A? I kind of feel he chose the Caps to prove a point, but if they were legitimately his only option, that theory falls a bit flat.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Maybe I'm selfish but I don't want to see Hank win with a division rival.

He made the choice to go there. Maybe it was his only suitor, maybe not.

Can't believe some of you will actually root for the Caps. Insane to me. I hope they miss the playoffs

They are in the same boat as NYI, NJ, PIT for me and ahead of Philly for disliked clubs

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Seriously, think about the Caps players, their fans, the playoff series against them. People want to root for that team? Henrik wants to take them to the promised land? I say Alexis aim for the pads then roof the rebound the old man can’t control.

Reactions: Hire Sather

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Seriously, think about the Caps players, their fans, the playoff series against them. People want to root for that team? Henrik wants to take them to the promised land? I say Alexis aim for the pads then roof the rebound the old man can’t control.

the outcome for him next season is less than predictable

this will be a sad ending

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad