Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Boston

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Rick Nash, takes penalty leads to goal, eventually dominoes to 3-3 tied game and barely won in the shootout. HFNYR approves revenge, encourages to punch opponent in face.

Stu Bickel gets 5 minutes of ice time without getting caught or making a visibility bad play, abomination, not an NHL player, homeless, get a different job. You don't deserve love.

:laugh: Sometimes I wonder....

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I wasn't around the GDT but was it mentioned how many runs the Bruins players were taking? Lucic took runs at Gaborik, Nash, Stepan and McDonagh and Marchand took a massive run at Miller. No response.

Yup, no excuse for how soft we were last night. Could have easily cost us the game. We just don't have a big, tough, nasty guy who is willing to even things out when they get like that.

Hopefully, a guy like Mashinter could be that. Hard to see where he fits into the lineup right now though.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Was this posted yet?

The always professional Jack Edwards after Marchand tied the game last night...

jumping-jack-edwards.gif

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Was this posted yet?

The always professional Jack Edwards after Marchand tied the game last night...

jumping-jack-edwards.gif

Love it! If Sam Rosen wasn't so old I would expect him to do the same if the Rangers made a big comeback like that!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yup, no excuse for how soft we were last night. Could have easily cost us the game. We just don't have a big, tough, nasty guy who is willing to even things out when they get like that.

Hopefully, a guy like Mashinter could be that. Hard to see where he fits into the lineup right now though.

Yeah, I know they won, and that's the whole point of playing, but at some point the lack of toughness will have to be addressed. Asham can't fight everyone.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, I know they won, and that's the whole point of playing, but at some point the lack of toughness will have to be addressed. Asham can't fight everyone.

It's not fighting toughness that's really a problem. Fighting is going to become less and less prevalent as the season kicks into it's stretch run in the next couple of weeks. Team toughness is an issue, though.

Maybe Kelkaleinen (sp?) will trade us back Dubinsky. :laugh:

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Anyone know wtf Richards was doing the first shift of OT? sliding that puck for no reason through the crease?

Richards just panicked, that's all. Same as Girardi who, after the Bruins made it 3-2 and we won the faceoff after the goal back to Girardi, just gave the puck right to the Bruins. The rest of the shift was spent with Boston on the attack, and of course they tied it up.

In Richards's defense the spacing was crazy bad when he had the puck at that point (two teammates out of three within a stick's length of him), but you would expect more from the $12 million man in that situation.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It's not fighting toughness that's really a problem. Fighting is going to become less and less prevalent as the season kicks into it's stretch run in the next couple of weeks. Team toughness is an issue, though.

Maybe Kelkaleinen (sp?) will trade us back Dubinsky. :laugh:

Fighting will always have a part in the game. And without the ability to respond I worry about this team moving forward in that department a bit.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Fighting will always have a part in the game. And without the ability to respond I worry about this team moving forward in that department a bit.

It will have a place in the game.... Until they start getting hit with lawsuits. Then no more fighting.

*Bob Richards*

How so? We were the better team for almost 50 minutes. It sucks blowing a 3 goal lead obviously but lets not forget we played 1 of the best teams in hockey in their arena.

Good win. We should've held on but oh well. Still a big win against a really good team on the road. 3 wins in a row, 5 points behind Devils and 2 behind Pens with a game in hand on both teams.

Alright, I've definitely calmed down since then. I was running so high on emotion that letting them even bring us to the SO left me bitter. Win is a win.

*Bob Richards*

Rick Nash, takes penalty leads to goal, eventually dominoes to 3-3 tied game and barely won in the shootout. HFNYR approves revenge, encourages to punch opponent in face.

Stu Bickel gets 5 minutes of ice time without getting caught or making a visibility bad play, abomination, not an NHL player, homeless, get a different job. You don't deserve love.

:laugh: Sometimes I wonder....

Are we really going to compare the impact between Rick Nash and Stu Bickel?

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
+100

I despise getting pushed around with no response..I honestly was expecting Lucic to be much worse...With his size and him running around like he owns the rink we are lucky he didn't break some bones..I would love this guy in blue.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
+100

I despise getting pushed around with no response..I honestly was expecting Lucic to be much worse...With his size and him running around like he owns the rink we are lucky he didn't break some bones..I would love this guy in blue.

I agree. I hate watching them get manhandled and intimidated.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Don't see that happening in the near future so it has a place in the game.

I give it three years max.

They are already ramping up the punishments for head blows. At some point they will see the irony of not allowing head shots unless someone is getting punched in the head.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Initially, I was glad they weren't retaliating to them gooning up their game, because we had some nice momentum. But then it just got to a point where they were kicking our ***** all over the ice

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nash's SO goal was #5 on top plays and his setup for Hags was #3.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

#3? LOL was this Sportscenter? Were #1 and #2 dunks by 7 footers? During this time of the year the Sportscenter top 10 is 9 dunks by 7 footers and usually 1 amazing play in the NHL at like #10. Seriously, I think this is the best goal of the year so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad