Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Boston

*Bob Richards*

All of the Rangers "fans" around my residence, who mysteriously emerged from the woodwork last season, all but seem to have vanished so far this season. I can't wait to rack up some win streaks and suddenly get assaulted by a Callahan jersey holocaust.

16 To Stanley*

All of the Rangers "fans" around my residence, who mysteriously emerged from the woodwork last season, all but seem to have vanished so far this season. I can't wait to rack up some win streaks and suddenly get assaulted by a Callahan jersey holocaust.

Hey....one of my jerseys is a callahan

*Bob Richards*

Hey....one of my jerseys is a callahan

When it comes to sports, other than losing, there is nothing I dislike more than mouth breathing band wagon fans of teams that I like. They spit idiocy and always make the rest of the fanbase look bad.

I'll take any teams fans over band wagon Rangers fans.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
When it comes to sports, other than losing, there is nothing I dislike more than mouth breathing band wagon fans of teams that I like. They spit idiocy and always make the rest of the fanbase look bad.

Even....Penguins fans?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Bandwagoners need to embrace the title "well-wishers". They tend to get mad when I classify them as that, though.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I have a love/hate relationship with bandwagoners. I love being able to tell who definitely doesn't even know what the **** icing is, but I just all around hate people who hop on the bandwagon

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Whoa....slow down there. They get their own scale. The Penguins are a single entity too. From the peanut vendors to Mario Lemieux. Just all one big evil abomination.

Phew. You're good then.

Agreed that bandwagonners are horrible. The worst is when they act like they know anything about a team or sport.

*Bob Richards*

Phew. You're good then.

Agreed that bandwagonners are horrible. The worst is when they act like they know anything about a team or sport.

And just to clarify, I'm not trying to come off as some pretentious Rangers elitist. It's just that many of the band wagoners I come across aren't casual fans. They're venom spewing tyrants who love to start arguments and belittle other teams.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
I haven't been keeping up with the posts in this thread but, did anyone hear the possibility of Callahan re-injuring his shoulder last night? I know he went into the training room for about 6 minutes during the second period.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Why do a few posters have to make posts about useless goons who can't skate in every single PGT? And then there's always an argument about whether or not these goons are important.

Go to the hockey fights forum and talk about your useless pylons until the cows come home.

Haha, post of the day!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011

You can tell they're not bandwagoners if they have the "A".

I have the "A".

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
First match I didn't watch with MSG commentary and I got so freaking annoyed by the NESN crew... When Nash passed to Hagelin (really one of the best passes I've seen in my life) they said "And Hagelin picks up the garbage to put it in the empty net".

Unbelievable... Yeah, just disregard a perfect pass and make it sound like Nash was just falling on his ass and accidentally giving the puck to Hagelin... Man, that was annoying. You could even see Nash looking at Hags before passing. It was effing brilliant!!!

Jan 8, 2012
NY
First match I didn't watch with MSG commentary and I got so freaking annoyed by the NESN crew... When Nash passed to Hagelin (really one of the best passes I've seen in my life) they said "And Hagelin picks up the garbage to put it in the empty net".

Unbelievable... Yeah, just disregard a perfect pass and make it sound like Nash was just falling on his ass and accidentally giving the puck to Hagelin... Man, that was annoying. You could even see Nash looking at Hags before passing. It was effing brilliant!!!

I though Jack Edwards did a very good job calling that goal. He basically wet himself on the Nash assist and SO goal. And same for Lundqvist's diving save against Krejci in the season opener.

I feel like people hate him just to hate him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I have to admit I'm still a little worried about the scoring depth. We're a quarter of the way through and basically it looks like were gonna get whatever Nash creates, Gaborik's weekly hatrick, and spot goals from everyone else. With Hank not having his best year so far and teams seemingly able to put up 3 goals more effectively than last year, I wonder if there's enough here.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I guess you missed him saying, right before the garbage comment: "RICK NASH!! With Bruins draped all over him; showing the strength and the reach and the speed and the moves!"

This is why I always defend Edwards, because people have a tendency to pick out what they want with him.

The picking up the garbage comment doesn't disregard anything Nash did. It's basically saying that Nash went completely ape **** and Hagelin got the goal for basically being in the right place at the right time and rode Nash's coattails. Which is true...

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
And just to clarify, I'm not trying to come off as some pretentious Rangers elitist. It's just that many of the band wagoners I come across aren't casual fans. They're venom spewing tyrants who love to start arguments and belittle other teams.

Had some guy at MSG tell me I was a bandwagon fan and "don't know anything about hockey" simply because I was wearing a Nash shirt at the game vs the Isles.

I was literally just walking in front of him and he started going off to his buddy about "i hate these bandwagon fans, we get a new player and now they're interested (then to me) hey buddy, bandwagon fans like you should just watch the game at a hooters or something"

Then he started to tell me I didn't know anything about hockey and I was a ****** because I started laughing. Little does he know I've played since I was 8, playing AAA travel my whole life, junior b and junior A and have recently graduated from college, where I played all 4 years. On top of my hockey experience, I have literally watched every single rangers game since I was a kid, dad has season tickets so I attend 20 games a year or so. I'm a tremendous die-hard fan.

All because I was wearing a Nash shirt. Just saying, don't be so quick to judge lol. At least let them show their ignorance before you label them a bandwagon fan.

Funniest part is he was probably a bandwagoner himself. I doubt he suffered through the dark years (which were basically my formative years as a fan).

Sorry for the long post lol (for the record I hate ignorant "fans" who only come around when we're winning)

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I have to admit I'm still a little worried about the scoring depth. We're a quarter of the way through and basically it looks like were gonna get whatever Nash creates, Gaborik's weekly hatrick, and spot goals from everyone else. With Hank not having his best year so far and teams seemingly able to put up 3 goals more effectively than last year, I wonder if there's enough here.

Disagree.

Hagelin has really came on. Gabby will get going. Richie puts up points even when he sucks. Nash will start scoring more. Stepan has looked much better recently.

We have two lines that will score, and a bottom 6 that may be weak in that aspect but can still get it done.

Not worried about that right now, at least theoretically.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Since the 2nd Bruins game until yesterday's game Hank has given up I believe 1.87 goals per game. With yesterday's game I would think it's closer to 2, though not sure if exceeding it. He's been fine after a rough start. Though I'm still pissed he got outplayed by fatso.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Disagree.

Hagelin has really came on. Gabby will get going. Richie puts up points even when he sucks. Nash will start scoring more. Stepan has looked much better recently.

We have two lines that will score, and a bottom 6 that may be weak in that aspect but can still get it done.

If Miller plays decently we should have 3 lines that could score. Callahan can score and Kreider, although not showing it has that capability as well. I think even Miller can put a few in.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Disagree.

I'll be much more comfortable if Hagelin can take that next step into full-time legit top 6 producer and this is more than just a hot streak. I guess we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad