GDT: Rangers @ Blues - "You Should Be Too Drunk For This St. Paddy's Day Game" Edition - 3/17/18 - 8pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Bad hockey team, but hell of a group of guys.

Gives me hope.
It's possible that all of the whispers about Miller causing a ton of problems in the locker room were true. This team has played like an elephant was lifted off of their chest since the deadline. Most guys can just play hockey and not worry about how they might be traded. Zuccarello in particular looks like himself again.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Fair, but I'm glad they are where they are. They have some good building blocks, they just need one or two top tier players to put them back in the mix.

I agree. My point is Rangers fans just love underrating this team. This is still a team that has proud players that have made the playoffs more years than not in their career and have talent. We also got two players from good organizations that have talent. They are not the 2012 Blue Jackets, no matter how much Rangers fans want to think they are. I'd love to see them tank and get a high pick, but it looks like we underestimated them a bit.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
It's possible that all of the whispers about Miller causing a ton of problems in the locker room were true. This team has played like an elephant was lifted off of their chest since the deadline. Most guys can just play hockey and not worry about how they might be traded. Zuccarello in particular looks like himself again.
I hate admitting it but ... that's something I harped on for a while bec Jeff Gorton always brought up the word CHARACTER in every interview he did since the deadline. Makes you think there was more to the JT swap than just a hockey decision.

Reactions: Rongomania

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I agree. My point is Rangers fans just love underrating this team. This is still a team that has proud players that have made the playoffs more years than not in their career and have talent. We also got two players from good organizations that have talent. They are not the 2012 Blue Jackets, no matter how much Rangers fans want to think they are. I'd love to see them tank and get a high pick, but it looks like we underestimated them a bit.
Just for once I want us to land that Svechnikov or Dahlin type ... JUST ONCE!

darko

Feb 16, 2009

That could be true yes but also it's not the first time that when you bring in 2-3 new guys that the team starts to play better. Change of scenery and new players tend to play with a point to prove.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
When people want to trade Zibanejad, I have to question their motive ... like do they just want to watch the world burn? Maybe they want us to really be worse than Buffalo?
He's 24, he's washed up and we need to stock up on prospects that won't be NHL ready for another 4 years that may turn into a player as good as Mika by the time they're 24, then we gotta flip them for some prospects too.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
He's 24, he's washed up and we need to stock up on prospects that won't be NHL ready for another 4 years that may turn into a player as good as Mika by the time they're 24, then we gotta flip them for some prospects too.
tenor.gif

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Yes, there are going to additional deals. Maybe this is my own bias, but, when you have a 24-year-old center who's on 30+goal pace despite missing 10 games, and you have a player like Kreider who has shown how important he is in return, I think they are more important to the Rangers than they would be in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad